PS3 controller without analog sticks?

KneeKnee

CAGiversary!
Probably an odd request, but doesnt anyone know of a PS3 controller without the analog sticks? I'm looking specifically to play the classic games like the Sega Collection ports and the like.

I'd rather use the Dpad, but always go back to the stick out of habit. Is there something besides the Mad Catz fight pad anyone can think of?

Would the Mad catz fight pad be recommended for what I want?

Thanks in advance.

Most usb pads work on the ps3, if you're looking to play sega games specifically you could get a sega saturn usb pad off ebay for cheap. The Madcatz pad is always going on sale on their site and is pretty good too.

i can understand where you're coming from but wouldn't much easier to use a sixaxis/ds3 controller? it shouldn't take much discipline to use the dpad (especially on ps3 controllers). it's the way i play most fighters.

if it's a ocd thing, cut off the analog sticks so they don't tempt you.

Not an ocd thing, I just feel like the games play better with the Dpad. I'd rather spend the $10 on a saturn pad than destroy a dual shock :)

Saturn controller was a bad idea. There is no mapping for the start/select buttons on the Sega games, so anyone that requires a them for anything besides pausing, wont work.

I've never seen that before. I'll keep an eye out for a warehouse one, or a price drop. Thanks a lot for the link!

Personally I'd go with the USB adapter route and hook up an old SNES controller or something. Or you could open up the Dual Shock and just pop off the analog sticks. Can be done in like 2 mins, and is easily reversible.

The Hori fighting commander pro, is great for fighting games, but it could also be used for other games as well. (great pad imo!)

[quote name='Thomas96']The Hori fighting commander pro, is great for fighting games, but it could also be used for other games as well. (great pad imo!)[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post this. Great controller.

bread's done
Back