PS3 Deals

he might be on to something noone answered my whens the ps3 pricedrop post lol :(
looking more towards the price drop without the pony show! i hate ponies! forget the immigrants with ponies! RAGE vs. ponies.
midget horses suck id rather have a donkey :).
lol waiting on $340 after taxes price screw the bundles so far :p only that TRU deal was goiing in a good direction 2x controllers :D
either that or waitin on ps4

Last edited by a moderator:
You just missed a deal on Friday Saturday for tax free sale at RCSS, I saved $52 on a 80GB unit. But some of The Source stores have the old 40GB units for $350. Not much of a savings though.

Spiderman bundle
40GB
You can use the find in store to see if your local store has stock. I'm not sure but I think those ones only come with the six axis not the dual shock with rumble.

At EB Save 50% on a 80GB PS3 Trade in 8 games (minimum $8.00 trade value) and get a new 80GB PS3 for $199.99.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78

honestly people, the sub-forums clearly states that these type of things go there.

this is only not the place.

theres always next time :) ( to not screw up, of course)[/quote]
il remember

[quote name='game_fanatic']And he's been here for a year, too. Tragic.[/quote]
ive been a member for a year, but i have like 40 posts and i barely come on

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']he might be on to something noone answered my whens the ps3 pricedrop post lol :([/quote]
kinda wondering that too

[quote name='Princess Zelda']You just missed a deal on Friday Saturday for tax free sale at RCSS, I saved $52 on a 80GB unit. But some of The Source stores have the old 40GB units for $350. Not much of a savings though.

Spiderman bundle
40GB
You can use the find in store to see if your local store has stock. I'm not sure but I think those ones only come with the six axis not the dual shock with rumble.

At EB Save 50% on a 80GB PS3 Trade in 8 games (minimum $8.00 trade value) and get a new 80GB PS3 for $199.99.[/quote]
thanks for your help, but none of those interest me

[quote name='GamerMan97']... thanks for your help, but none of those interest me[/quote]

I think he's looking more in the lines of either: "FREE FREE FREE" or "$50 without doing some dog and pony show!"

Not gonna happen, unless you work really hard and flip a buncha shit, but that takes patience and time, RFD might be more your flavour they got workarounds and scams up the wazoo to make tons of crap free.

I am hoping for a pricedrop on PS3 soon or some deal too, new appartement will need a PS3!

RCSS no-tax event seems to be the best opportunity for a 80 gig PS3 without having to get a 160 gig PS3 + many games for 500$.

As of now the $499.99 bundle at EB sounds to be the best for people;

- 160GB PS3, I know people like to tout you could just change the HDD, but try getting a cheap 3.5inch HDD bigger than that, or even then, actually filling up the terabyte people usually say they have.

- Uncharted+Street Fighter 2 Super Turbo Crazy Fun Time (whatever) HD Remix

- LittleBigPlanet/GT:prologue

If a few people were gonna get those two games anyway it's a decent deal.

[quote name='kathos']
- 160GB PS3, I know people like to tout you could just change the HDD, but try getting a cheap 3.5inch HDD bigger than that, or even then, actually filling up the terabyte people usually say they have.
[/quote]
PS3 takes a 2.5" drive.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']PS3 takes a 2.5" drive.[/quote]
I think he was just exaggerating. Just a jab at the people who upgrade their HD and don't even use the original amount their system came with, as opposed to the 500GB they could have potentially installed.

If you have to buy it now the EB deal is the best you'll find. With the EB deal at least your getting 2 extra game, a sample of GT5 and 1 downloadable game.

Waiting for a $50 price drop is better though if you buy the 80GB and live in Ontario with the 13% tax.
$500+13%Tax=$565
$350+13% Tax=$400
That's $165 more.

Sony Style store is giving a free game with purchase of system but they don't say what game you get :p

Well it only makes sense to deny price drop rumours right up until the price drop happens; otherwise they risk losing out on sales leading up to the price drop. Definitely take the story with a grain of salt. It's one of these "I'm going to come up with likely rumours that have a good chance of coming true, and if they are remotely close, everyone will think I'm a genius!:D"

^
+1 about the sales

We'll just have to wait until June (E3?) and see if these guys/gals were full of fluff and had nothing better to do with idle hands, haha

$100 price drop is very steep, I doubt Sony will do that. They might just throw in some games, increase the hard drive capacity and keep the price at $399.

^ I wouldn't be surprised to be see a $50 price cut, but leave the bundles the same. I mean, they already have the 160GB Uncharted Bundle, so there's not much they can do on the bundling/hard drive front. People want a cheaper price, not better games or a higher HD capacity. I guess we'll see come E3!

[quote name='addone']^
+1 about the sales

We'll just have to wait until June (E3?) and see if these guys/gals were full of fluff and had nothing better to do with idle hands, haha[/quote]

Afternoon! As one of the guys who works for the site in question I can honestly say that yes this source is 100% legitimate. I've known them for a long time and know for a fact that they are VERY well placed to know such information. The source isn't named for the obvious reason that they would lose their job. That's something that I wouldn't want to happen so please just wait to E3 and by then Nintendo and PS3 will have a $50 price disparity between them. Look, if and when I get more concrete information on this I will post it but ask your local Best Buy, Gamestop whatever why they are suddenly getting up to an extra 10-20 PS3's per week that they normally don't get.

$300.

I have a hunch the price won't drop by $100 in Canada...Most likely $80, given the current exchange rate. But that's awesome if the source is in fact 100% legitimate.

You'd want to buy it at Walmart. I'm sure they still have a 90 day price protection, you can ask the CRS if it's valid on Electronics too. E3 is 6 weeks away if you can't wait that'll protect your money :)
But 6 more weeks isn't that much longer...

I saw about 2-3 opened boxes (80gig bundle) at BestBuy in Woodbridge for $359. I believe you get the same warranty as new, so if you don't mind not having the new console smell, that's about as good a deal as you can find.

i bought an open box ps3 at future shop for $340.
i preety much got a game free (non open-boxed ones were $400)
the person even opened the box and showed us that the ps3 was in good condition, everything was there. 1 year manufacure warranty on it too
it was the last one in trinity common, brampton location

bread's done
Back