PS3 Deals

[quote name='razrvamp']I consulted my magic 8-ball and it said "can not predict as of now"[/QUOTE]

Are there usually console deals in December?

I can't imagine in the busiest shopping month of the entire year retailers running sales. That just sounds nuts

[quote name='navson']The best deal I have seen currently is at walmart they have the PS3 250gb infamous/uncharted holiday bundle with one additional game of your choice from an older list of games. plus a controller charging station and head set for 249.99 here is the link. Hope this helps
http://www.walmart.com/ip/PS3-Holiday-Value-60-Value/21978465[/QUOTE]

That's actually a pretty good deal, there are even some really good games in that list.

If you're in the market for a PS3, this is probably your best bet before Christmas, except maybe a $50 GC deal or if you got one from AWD.

Cowboom has 120GB Slim PS3's with everything included for $143 + Tax

Use code celebrate10 to get 10% off ( above price is with coupon )

[quote name='newtype06']Is Cowboom reliable? Never heard of it...

And do those come with warranty?[/QUOTE]

Cowboom is owned by Best buy, they're essentially like the amazon warehouse where they sell used/opened stuff at deep discounts.

The system doesn't come with a warranty but there is a 30 day, hassle free, no questions asked return policy if you aren't satisfied with your purchase. Additionally, you can purchase a warranty for $19.99/yer for up to 2 years

[quote name='Mageshadow']Cowboom is owned by Best buy, they're essentially like the amazon warehouse where they sell used/opened stuff at deep discounts.

The system doesn't come with a warranty but there is a 30 day, hassle free, no questions asked return policy if you aren't satisfied with your purchase. Additionally, you can purchase a warranty for $19.99/yer for up to 2 years[/QUOTE]

Are the systems themselves reliable, based on your experience? Am not really the type who'd spend extra for extending the warranty, and I'm undecided whether I'll grab an old slim from Cowboom (design's still better IMO) or wait for a good-ish deal for the newer slim. Any help would be nice ^_^;

If only this happened before Black Friday...

gt+MFW+My+name+is+Josh+_3e3014da3c64b0cff935c5c3f6d1d0a7.jpg

[quote name='newtype06']Are the systems themselves reliable, based on your experience? Am not really the type who'd spend extra for extending the warranty, and I'm undecided whether I'll grab an old slim from Cowboom (design's still better IMO) or wait for a good-ish deal for the newer slim. Any help would be nice ^_^;

If only this happened before Black Friday...[/QUOTE]

My slim has been running about 2.5 years now perfect, I went through about 2 phats in the same period due to the blu ray drive failing, anecdotal but generally when they shrink and lower power/heat they'll last longer.

I bought a second PS3 for my room on Cowboom, it was a 5, came in today. The controller looked and felt close to new, the system itself looked good with the minor exception of a fairly deep but short gash on the top corner.. not sure how that happened, but doesn't really matter.. but it does make me less ready to buy a handheld or something. Didn't actually get a chance to turn it on or anything.

I sprung for the $20 protection plan, from what I understand it works more like an extended return policy.. if it breaks they give you a refund and usually it's resolved in 5 days so that's nice, especially if they end up dropping it to $200 sometime this year. If it breaks and you get that $155 or whatever back it's just $50 to a new one.

bread's done
Back