PS3 Disc Conditions

koreysimmons

CAGiversary!
I just received 5 of 6 games today that I purchased off of gamestop.com. 3 of the 5 were complete and perfect while the other 2 looked shaky. My questions are:

1. How can you tell without playing through the game completely that a scratch has damaged the disc? One of the games looks perfect except for one quarter inch scratch that could possibly be a light one but I thought PS3 discs do not scratch unless with some force.

2. The other disc has what looks to be small water spots that wont come off with proper cleaning. Has anyone ran into this?

3. how can you tell if a PS3 disc has been resurfaced?

Thankd for all the help in advance.

i know i've run across small water spots on other system discs from gamestop, and was told that it was a result of their disc scratch fixing solution (can't remember the right phrase).

also, i thought that ps3 discs cannot be resurfaced?

orcafan8- did those discs with the waterspots work correctly?

I thought so to about the resurfacing of PS3 discs but I just asked for future knowledge.

[quote name='koreysimmons']I just received 5 of 6 games today that I purchased off of gamestop.com. 3 of the 5 were complete and perfect while the other 2 looked shaky. My questions are:

1. How can you tell without playing through the game completely that a scratch has damaged the disc? One of the games looks perfect except for one quarter inch scratch that could possibly be a light one but I thought PS3 discs do not scratch unless with some force.

2. The other disc has what looks to be small water spots that wont come off with proper cleaning. Has anyone ran into this?

3. how can you tell if a PS3 disc has been resurfaced?

Thankd for all the help in advance.[/QUOTE]

1. Install it; if that works you are OK.

3. You can't.

[quote name='orcafan8']
also, i thought that ps3 discs cannot be resurfaced?[/QUOTE]

They can be resurfaced they're pretty much the same as other discs BUT they come with a scratch-protection coating on them so the need for resurfacing should never arise unless you carry the disc around in a bag of rocks.

[quote name='donkeydrop']1. Install it; if that works you are OK.
[/QUOTE]

For Xbox 360 this works, but on PS3 many games don't have this option, as far as i'm aware at least.

bread's done
Back