PS3 Dual Port Controller Charging Dock for $5.99 fs @ Buy.com

masterledz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=209765337

Buy.com has a PS3 dual port drop-in charging dock for PS3 controllers for $5.99 with free shipping.

Simply drop one or both of your Playstation3 controllers into this 2-port charging dock and leave them alone as they power up! Multicolored LED lights notify you of each controller's charge status: Red for battery empty, yellow for charging, and green for fully charged. Allows you to use either the PS3 console, any USB-ready computer or power outlet for charging.

These things are usually significantly more expensive. This is a good buy if you don't want to have to have your ps3 or a computer turned on to charge your controller.

Good deal for those looking for one.

Not to thread crap, but if you don't feel like shelling out $6 for it, you can be a true CAG and do what I do. The HD-DVR from my cable company has a USB jack on it. Since there's always power going to the box, I just plug my controllers into that and it charges 'em just fine. As previously mentioned, you can plug your controller into your computer's USB as well.

[quote name='aaronmills']Not to thread crap, but if you don't feel like shelling out $6 for it, you can be a true CAG and do what I do. The HD-DVR from my cable company has a USB jack on it. Since there's always power going to the box, I just plug my controllers into that and it charges 'em just fine. As previously mentioned, you can plug your controller into your computer's USB as well.[/QUOTE]I do this all the time. I only wish the 360 controller would do the same...

This looks like something I picked up a few months ago for the same price. Wouldn't really recommend tbh. After a few weeks the front port stopped charging. The controllers didn't slip in very well, as in I had to spend a little time wiggling it in. Also, it plugs in via USB (luckily I had a usb to ac adapter). Anyway, it feels cheap and that guess what it is cheap.

I picked up a nyko base charger on black friday a year or two back for $5 and it's infinitely better. I recently purchased an energizer charge base that incidentally has a charge dock for the official ps3 bt headset and 2 spare usb ports for $10 at walmart, which is also infinity better.

If you need a charge base, could do worse than this. Otherwise shop around. A better and hopefully just as cheap alternative always turns up.

bread's done
Back