PS3 Ebay seller refuses to send

kmartbum001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I recently won an ebay auction for a PS3 60gb that went for $60 under retail price. I immediately sent the payment via paypal BUT the seller refunded my payment saying that:

"I am refunding you at the moment. I scheduled the listing to start at a
certain time using eBay's new selling system. Before the auction
started, I revised the item to add a reserve. This change did not show in the
actual auction. I believe it is an error"

I am very certain that the seller is just trying to weasle her way out of sending
the ps3. Is there anything I can do such as negative feedback or report to ebay?

[quote name='kmartbum001']yea i really dont want to leave negative feedback b/c of revenge feedback. Thanks for the advise tho. It is much appreciated.[/quote]

Not to be a dick, but that's about the stupidest thing I've heard.

Who cares about revenge feedback? Who cares if your feedback percentage is 99.7% because some asshat decided to take a parting shot at you?

The fact is, you're stating the truth. That is what matters. Anyone with a half of a mind can figure out the soon-to-be negative on your account and why it was left for you.

Course, that's assuming most ebayers have half of a mind.

[quote name='wubb']Yes, you can report him as a non performing seller.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html

Under Additional Info - report the seller link.

And you can also obviously leave neg FB. Be prepared for a retaliatory neg, but if you only use the account for buying I wouldn't sweat it. I'd probably see if anything happens with the non-performing seller thing first (doubtful IMO.)[/QUOTE]

Do what wubb says, report him as a non performing seller. That is crap and keep on sending emails to paypal to take care of this person. You bought the item, you should be able to get it.

I figured this would start happening sooner or later. In order to make a profit a person has to sell a system for over $700 when you figure in all of the costs. If the system was purchased at a B&M retailer you have to figure the system was $650 w/ tax + $25 shipping + $25 ebay seller fees + $25 paypal fee. So when it's all said and done a person has to sell a system for roughly $725.00 JUST TO BREAK EVEN.

I've seen several auction end under that I wonder how many winning bidders will actually receive their systems?

Boy, what a lame excuse from the seller. So they just listed an auction they expected to go for several hundred dollars and then walked away without checking it at all..... right...............

[quote name='marten']Not to be a dick, but that's about the stupidest thing I've heard.

Who cares about revenge feedback? Who cares if your feedback percentage is 99.7% because some asshat decided to take a parting shot at you?

The fact is, you're stating the truth. That is what matters. Anyone with a half of a mind can figure out the soon-to-be negative on your account and why it was left for you.

Course, that's assuming most ebayers have half of a mind.[/QUOTE]

Only because you assume everyone here has a few hundred positive feedbacks on ebay. If you're feedback is 5 (or any small number), then a negative feedback will hurt pretty badly and will ruin any potential sales (even if it does sell, it will probably be less than average). This revenge feedback problem is a major issue.

[quote name='RPGLord13']Boy, what a lame excuse from the seller. So they just listed an auction they expected to go for several hundred dollars and then walked away without checking it at all..... right...............[/quote]

I bet they got quite a shock when they got the e-mail saying "congratulations! Your auction has sold for $540.00!"

She had to think fast "Now how do I get out of having to sell this to the highest bidder? I know, just tell him ebay screwed up my listing!"

the revenge feedback is a major problem with the system but it is hard to design something else. i did report him as a non-performing seller but that probably won't "force" him to change his mind and sell it. And to top it off, lovely PayPal won't let me have the funds back until they clear some nonsense 3-4 period.

he insists he put a reserve and he has said some contradictory things in his email. practically the only reason you'd list it on ebay is to make a profit, but there are too many holes and loops in the system to weasle out of situations like this.

hopefully i can possibly win that amazon "vote" 44:1 odds or i'll just have to wait until next year...tho it would have been nice to get a ps3 under retail

*i've had to let things sell for cheap, but you should take responsibility and honor the contract. I find it HIGHLY unlikely that there is a problem with ebay's listing system. The guy is even going as far as to contact several ebay departments about this "problem". a problem that major would quickly be fixed and i bet they would find such problem before they would update their systems. i'd like to hear ebay's response saying it isnt possible and it is seller error.

Don't leave negative feedback. You didn't lose anything from the auction. You can walk away and not think about it again.

[quote name='marten']Not to be a dick, but that's about the stupidest thing I've heard.

Course, that's assuming most ebayers have half of a mind.[/QUOTE]

Lets see I just got revenge feedback from a guy and it hit me hard I have only 85 feedback score. Then some ass hat left me negative saying I sent him something broken that worked when it left my house and yet he never contacted me with the issue. The ebay feedback system is super flawed and needs fixing. But thats just my .02

[quote name='E-Z-B']Don't leave negative feedback. You didn't lose anything from the auction. You can walk away and not think about it again.[/QUOTE]

What? No you bidded, you won, you paid. Definetly leave a negative for him. I wouldn't worry about you having low feedback anybody with low feedback is going to be looked at with a little skepticism to start with. One strike won' t hurt you especially when you did absolutely nothing wrong.

If you sell, don't leave the feedback, I got a couple of negatives from people when they didn't honor their part and I only have a score of 50. And I usually don't buy from people unless they have like 98%+. So if you got low feedback, don't, if you got like hundreds, go ahead.

not leaving feedback just makes the next guy bid/buy with confidence. you should let everyone know that this user sucks. not on the same level, but its like letting a criminal get away with a crime where you are the victim...he'll just move on to the next victim. with some warning maybe his next potential customer will be able to proceed with caution or at least the knowledge of what they are getting themselves in to...

^^^ Exactly. The point of feedback is to let the next buyer/ seller know what he/she is getting into before (or during) a deal with said person. refusing or being scared to leave a - feedback not only flies in the face of this system, but almost rewards the seller for his deception.

Now, I understand that you are scared of retalitory feeback, but like others have said above, if the account is used only for buying, then don't sweat it. If you also sell things with the same account, then I can see where you might be wary of leaving a -, but you also have the chance to follow up - feeback, and any buyer worth their salt will check into your FB before buying from you.

Either way, let us know what happens, and good luck dealing with this scumbag.

Sorry to bring this back up, but kmartbum101 will lose money. PayPal takes a fee even out of refunds I believe.

[quote name='naes']PayPal takes a fee even out of refunds I believe.[/QUOTE]

That is incorrect...if he is issued a full refund, he will receive the FULL amount of his purchase price (actually GETTING the refund is a whole 'nother story).

Oh, I wasn't so sure.
[quote name='toper']That is incorrect...if he is issued a full refund, he will receive the FULL amount of his purchase price (actually GETTING the refund is a whole 'nother story).[/QUOTE]

Definitely leave this scum bag a negative. I'm sick of sellers who want to be picky when their item doesn't sell for as much as they were expecting, tough shit!

I was issued a full refund, not just a sending of the funds back. I didn't lose anything luckily other than not gaining a ps3, which might have been a good thing. On a totally unrelated note, someone just offered me a crap load of baseball cards for my psp. I can't help but laugh even tho I said *for sale only* unless the mighty dollar has fallen so far that we are now using baseball cards as currency, lol.

I haven't check my ebay messages, and I use a separate email account for ebay, so I'll see if that punk ass said anything else. If not, I'll just email him to remind him that I haven't forgotten --just to be annoying.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but the account I used to bid wasn't mine; however, I did have permission to use it. The account belongs to one of my parents, and it has over 500 sales with perfect feedback, so I won't be leaving any negative. I listened to someone's suggestion of using a separate account for only buying. I resurrected my old account, but I haven't used it.

bread's done
Back