PS3 Error code This video cannot be played (80029940)

Sk

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know whats up with this code? I have a 60 gig PS3.

My PS3 seems to be acting up with my netflix disk. Seriously my system crashes, takes forever to eject this disk, and it doesn't get past the netflix logo screen (when it does load). This disk literally worked fine no more than 5 hours ago. I already ordered a new disk...I'm just worried my drive might be crapping.

I tried a few games, blurays, and DVDs and they all seemed to work fine (at least for the time being). I'm hoping my Bluray drive is fine.

It's a broken disc, so just wait for the new one to come from Netflix. I've had it happen before, as they're just fragile for some reason.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a broken disc, so just wait for the new one to come from Netflix. I've had it happen before, as they're just fragile for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Thanks the only other info I've found out about this code is that it could be a bad blu-ray drive but I wasn't sure of the validity of such a statement considering all other function of my PS3 seem fine minus some weird wireless issues from time to time.

I had the same problem. ANother option is to delete the saved data form the netflix disc. Under the movies tab on the XMB, theres an option for saved BD (disc?) data and under there you can find the Netflix file.

Youll have to reactivate the disc, but for me, it solved all those problems you mentioned in the first post.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's a broken disc, so just wait for the new one to come from Netflix. I've had it happen before, as they're just fragile for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It didn't even look like it was broken, but under further examination, it was a tiny crack in the inner circle (the clear plastic part in the middle that I assumed didn't matter).

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I had the same problem. ANother option is to delete the saved data form the netflix disc. Under the movies tab on the XMB, theres an option for saved BD (disc?) data and under there you can find the Netflix file.

Youll have to reactivate the disc, but for me, it solved all those problems you mentioned in the first post.[/QUOTE]

I tried that too last night. I've had that work in the past. In any case, this disk kept on crashing my PS3 or it would have the disk drive spin for 5 mins or so with no registration of the disk under the video section. I ordered a new disk and it should be here tomorrow. Hopefully that works.

In any case, I looked at this netflix disk and it had a yellow ring in the inside of it kind of looking like disk rot.

bread's done
Back