PS3 for $245 at your local Meijers!

TehMuff1nM4n

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
This deal is so easy. Just goto Meijer and get an advertisement from the front of the store. Then goto the electonics department and pick up a PS3 40gb. Then take it to the customer service desk and run through a 1 minute Meijer card. Then buy it for 244.00.

The ad this week has a 15% off, and then when you sign up for the card you get a 20% off... Too bad I live in NY.

Anyways, if anyone can snag one for me I would pay for it and shipping. :lol:

Good luck

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']This deal is so easy. Just goto Meijer and get an advertisement from the front of the store. Then goto the electonics department and pick up a PS3 40gb. Then take it to the customer service desk and run through a 1 minute Meijer card. Then buy it for 244.00.

The ad this week has a 15% off, and then when you sign up for the card you get a 20% off... Too bad I live in NY.

Anyways, if anyone can snag one for me I would pay for it and shipping. :lol:

Good luck
[/QUOTE]

i get 272?

isnt a PS3 400 bucks

400 - 20% = 79.80 off 320.20 - 15% 48.03=== 272.17?

[quote name='slidecage']i get 272?

isnt a PS3 400 bucks

400 - 20% = 79.80 off 320.20 - 15% 48.03=== 272.17?[/quote]

My bad, they add a first purchase discount too which is another 10%

Yeah, I bought my PS3 this way. First purchase on your Meijer card is 15% off, plus they used to have 10% off Tuesdays. Also, the card gets 5¢ off gas.

However, while I'll bite on the combining on the first-purchase on credit card %off and the store-ad % off, I don't think you get the extra % off that you generally get with the card. Maybe it depends on the cashier.

[quote name='norkusa']I'd do this (there's 3 Meijer's stores within 10 minutes from me) but I want a PS3 that's has BC.[/quote]

Pick me up 1 :D

That really is a great deal. I bought my 80gb with a similar deal when I applied for a Sony credit card. Buy two of them and sell one on ebay or return it to Walmart for the full retail value.

Meijer has had better deals. I remember on President's Day weekend, people got 15% off of general merchandise when using their Meijer card, 10% when signing up, and 20% off of an item when using a coupon. My family member already has the card, so I was able to get a SIXAXIS and a $40 for an excellent price that day.

I was considering going to Meijer to buy a Wii remote and nunchuk with the coupon, but I'll wait.

I didn't know Meijer was giving an extra 20% when getting their card today.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Buy two of them and sell one on ebay or return it to Walmart for the full retail value.[/quote]

How are you going to return it to walmart? With your magical receipt? oh wait, you have no wal-mart receipt. I seriously doubt wal-mart will take something so expensive without receipt :roll:

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Buy two of them and sell one on ebay or return it to Walmart for the full retail value.[/quote]

Walmart is not going to accept your 40GB PS3 without a receipt.

Additionally, you're suggestion is a form of fraud.

[quote name='thelonepig']Walmart is not going to accept your 40GB PS3 without a receipt.

Additionally, you're suggestion is a form of fraud.[/quote]

Walmart accepted my broken 40 gig ps3 with no box or receipt that I got from a friend. Gave me a 437 dollar gift card so I just bought a new one.

It works but it is only good for today as the 15% general merchandise coupon expires today.

Yep. This deal definitely works.
I did the same thing back in April 2006. 60GB for less than $450 out the door.

At the time it was 25% off General Merchandise items and 10% of for the first time using a Meijer credit card.

$600 x 25% off = $450
$450 x 10% off = $405
$405 x 6% sales tax = $430

Hurting your credit score by opening a new credit card for one purchase is not worth the money you will save on a game system.

[quote name='billg']Hurting your credit score by opening a new credit card for one purchase is not worth the money you will save on a game system.[/QUOTE]

Actually they have 15% to 20% off sales for Meijer Cardholders like once a month so you will eventually use it for another purchase. I utilized this when they first dropped 60GB PS3s to $500 and got mine for $350.

[quote name='billg']Hurting your credit score by opening a new credit card for one purchase is not worth the money you will save on a game system.[/quote]

The effect of one inquiry (especially one that leads to you being accepted) in very minimal and would be "repaired" quite quickly.

Last summer they made the mistake of giving 20% of everything. Lots of people got XBOX 360s at 20%, plus a whole bunch of games.

[quote name='Mac the KNife']I checked 3 stores today. All sold out. :/[/quote]

Probably the reason for the sale. Nobody every buys the PS3s at my local Meijer. They must be trying to free up shelf space. They did the same thing with Rock Band just to get rid of some of them.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Probably the reason for the sale. Nobody every buys the PS3s at my local Meijer. They must be trying to free up shelf space. They did the same thing with Rock Band just to get rid of some of them.[/quote]

Could be. I called one more store and they had it. I went over and they had one more left. With the coupon (15%) and CC discount (only 10%...boo!) it came to a respectable $320 after taxes. Not bad. :)

[quote name='billg']Hurting your credit score by opening a new credit card for one purchase is not worth the money you will save on a game system.[/quote]

Lol the only way you would hurt your credit score more than a few points would be if you signed up for the card and never payed the bill. If you open an account, pay it off, and cancel the account it would have very little effect on your score and would probably end up higher than it was if you keep the card for say 6 months and eat the fees.

[quote name='billg']Hurting your credit score by opening a new credit card for one purchase is not worth the money you will save on a game system.[/QUOTE]

That's complete horsesh*t. You can sign up for 20 credit cards, as long you pay them off you have nothing to worry about.

I signed up for my Meijer credit card when the psp first came out. Picked one up along with Metal gear Acid for like $190. PSPs were $249.99 back than. So I saved like $100. Pretty good deal. If I Didnt have a Meijer card already and knew of this beforehand I would have loved to pick up a ps3 that cheap. But I too, want the 80 gb with backwards compatibility.

I'm surprised people are picking this up with re-sell in mind. Craigslist might catch a higher dollar, but eBay has been unstable lately in the prices of PS3's & their closing prices. Then, you have eBay fees on top of that -- don't know if it's worth it for re-sell.

[quote name='Supernova']That's complete horsesh*t. You can sign up for 20 credit cards, as long you pay them off you have nothing to worry about.[/quote]

You'd have to be an idiot to do so. Man, let's hope everyone who did this "deal" can pay it off as soon as they get it since it's a 20% interest rate with $39 late fees and $4.50 in service fees.

[quote name='poet17eric']How often does Meijers do these kind of promotions?[/quote]

It's usually been 10% off your first purchase when you open up a credit card, and they usually have anywhere from 10 - 20% off when you use the card on general merchandise at least twice a month. Plus, you get $0.05 off every gallon of gas you buy with the card too. I get plenty of use out of the one i picked up this summer :D

[quote name='poet17eric']How often does Meijers do these kind of promotions?[/quote]

Meijer's sales are fairly random. Like their B1G1 and stuff like that.

[quote name='Methadon']This should be in 'Regional Deals'[/QUOTE]

Actually this couldn't be in the Regional deals forum because Meijer is all across the midwest and sometimes they don't do the same deal storewide plus a lot of people don't even look in the region forums. If that's the case then people that post deals from Fry's should do the same even though they are located across the United States.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Meijer's sales are fairly random. Like their B1G1 and stuff like that.[/quote]

No, not random actually. They are usually once a month, during the middle of the month, its either a frigging amazing coupon, or decent sales off of games.

Like today I got turning point fall of liberty for 16.99.

[quote name='Blade']You'd have to be an idiot to do so. Man, let's hope everyone who did this "deal" can pay it off as soon as they get it since it's a 20% interest rate with $39 late fees and $4.50 in service fees.[/quote]

If someone isn't smart enough to realize they need to pay off the amount in full to avoid paying more, they shouldn't be allowed near any credit cards, let alone this one.

bread's done
Back