PS3 for sale - ridiculously overinflated price

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4rkN1ght

Banned
i got it, who wants it, 60 gb, 1800obo 2 games, madden 07, resistance, and extra 6axis controller... also for 100$ you can get the 2 year Product replacement plan from any best buy...

no low balls, ive got pics if you want me to post em

Sad thing is people on ebay are chucking $1600 at these things. Wouldn't it put an end to the practice to simply not buy it at that inflated price. Do you really need it THAT bad? :roll:

LMAO, how can we NOT want to lowball when the price is grossly over retail?

Would you include "free" overnight? LOL! (since we'd be paying for it anyway!)

[quote name='misterunspoken']Sad thing is people on ebay are chucking $1600 at these things. Wouldn't it put an end to the practice to simply not buy it at that inflated price. Do you really need it THAT bad? :roll:[/quote]

what I don't get is people act like Sony only made the launch units they shipped and destroyed the blueprints and will never ship any more. How the price is so grossly inflated on ebay is disturbing. It's not like it's a limited edition thing we're dealing with.

[quote name='scsg75']what I don't get is people act like Sony only made the launch units they shipped and destroyed the blueprints and will never ship any more. How the price is so grossly inflated on ebay is disturbing. It's not like it's a limited edition thing we're dealing with.[/QUOTE]

It's an ego booster to these people. Guess being the "first" on the block with one must go along way where they live :roll: Then when the neighbor gets one months later for normal price, they moan and cry.....

1800? Ok cool.

I'm currently involved in a pending trade with mykevermin for my left kidney (he said he needs an extra after all the nights out drinking), so as soon as that deal goes through, I'll wire you the money.

BTW, anybody got a cheap dialysis machine I can "borrow" ?

these comment from people who probably pay over retail for rare and out of print games. face it the ps3 is rare, so for now over retail is a fair and acceptable price. bump and good luck

i think your best bet may be selling it on craigslist. Tho beware, there are many random people. and if you get somone offering you $2500 or whatever, they may just try to steal it from you when they come over to do the transaction. so be sure to have some muscle, or a bouncer or whatever if you do go that route.

[quote name='Kendro']Um...selling a PS3 to CAG is like trying to sell a live cow to a bunch of vegans.[/quote]

that quote look familiar, scarface? :oops:

LMFAO

Sony will be shipping another 100,000 units by next week.. I don't see the point why people are buying it 3x the retail price... I just don't get it >_

[quote name='pkmn-source']Sony will be shipping another 100,000 units by next week.. I don't see the point why people are buying it 3x the retail price... I just don't get it >_

Why do people pay the overinflated price?

Because they can.

Welcome to capitalism and the idiots that make it happen.

[quote name='pkmn-source']Sony will be shipping another 100,000 units by next week.. I don't see the point why people are buying it 3x the retail price... I just don't get it >_

[quote name='fenderhutz']Why do people pay the overinflated price?

Because they can.

Welcome to capitalism and the idiots that make it happen.[/QUOTE]

got to love how ebay makes all these rules to protect the buyer but there is nothing in place to keep the buyer from screwing over the seller

all the buyer has to say is they got a box full of rocks and get their money back.

waiting for paypal to see 1000s of disputes very soon

LETS ALL GO TAKE A Wii

[quote name='gaelan']these comment from people who probably pay over retail for rare and out of print games. face it the ps3 is rare, so for now over retail is a fair and acceptable price. bump and good luck[/quote]

Paying $75 for Disgaea is completely different from paying $1800 for a PS3 and two games.

i dont get why you guys the most dont respect selling it for more CHEAP ASS GAMER doesnt just mean you only buy things when they are cheap... i am cheap too, which is why i am SELLING it and not buying it for even 600! you guys confuse me

Honestly, anyone who bought it to keep it, is making a poor decision. There are no games worth playing, unless you really like sports games on the sixaxis instead of an xbox controller, and since people will pay so much for it, you're choosing to keep a ps3 over, I don't know , $1500. Thats a dumb decision. People who keep it aren't as dumb as people who buy it so high, but they're in the ballpark.

Ladies and gentleman, we have an update on the score:

seththefallen, the person who comes to CHEAPassgamer to peddle a Playstation 3 for eBay prices without any eBay effort, has called other people stupid.

Lance, back to you.

Well, y'know, since you quoted your first post (after editing it the very same minute) to suggest you have been joking all along, I figured we were playing "the insincere game."

I never understood the need to get a console on launch day - perhaps that is because of my perpetual state of being busy. This launch I actually considered grabbing a PS3 and selling it to a sucker on ebay for a grand or so, but then I remembered I have morals.

Give it a few months and you'll be able to buy the PS3 for the (still inflated) MSRP of $600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back