PS3 game region

nieon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
PS3 newbie here

i recently bought an uncharted greatest hits and a metal gear solid 4 game from a seller on amazon. i looked at the boxes and noticed there was a foreign language translation of the text below the english.

is this normal? is there a way to tell if they're NA versions? thanks in advance

Look at the spine of the case and on the lower part of the artwork it'll have a little square box with what looks like a wireframe globe in it. If the number inside that box is anything but a 1, you have a foreign copy.

What cheapest said, but to chime in... PS3's are region free, so even if it is a foreign copy it'll still play, however I would definitely leave appropriate feedback if the game was supposed to be Region 1.

[quote name='nieon']PS3 newbie here

i recently bought an uncharted greatest hits and a metal gear solid 4 game from a seller on amazon. i looked at the boxes and noticed there was a foreign language translation of the text below the english.

is this normal? is there a way to tell if they're NA versions? thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

actually quit normal for many games to have spanish and french along with english on the box art

[quote name='luan87us']The original Uncharted 1 art has multiple languages on it. So was MGS4. I got both from gamestop in USA.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's your problem right there.:lol: My copy of Uncharted doesn't have any other languages other than English on the coverart.

What's funny is that I was just in a Gamecrazy on Monday and they had an import copy of Demon's Souls on the shelf with the English/Chinese packaging and 'cheat sheet' in with the manual.

all my games are region 1, but these were the only ones like that. i'm going to try to return them now. i went to my friend's house and saw his uncharted and mgs4 covers in full english.

i guess i'm picky, but i really prefer english-only box covers. thanks again for the help

bread's done
Back