PS3 Games with "Cross Game Invites"

Thomas96

CAGiversary!
There is a notion that PS3 does NOT have Cross Game Invites. Of course I've never been online with my 360 using Live services so I've never experienced their service. So while I have been familiar with the term [Cross Game Invite] for a long time, I haven't been familiar with the actual service. So I visited Microsoft's 360 website, and looked up cross game invites and noticed that it was very similar to the invite system of several Playstation 3 games. Games with Cross game invites are those games that will allow you to invite your friends directly from your friend's list - into your online room. If you know of a game that uses this system please list it here. Its obvious that not all games use this wonderful system, but lets not pretend that the system does exist on the PS3 at all.

Here's a short list off the top of my head:

Motorstorm 2
Blazblue
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
Street Fighter Turbo II Remix
Red Faction: Guerilla
Battlefield: Bad Company
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2

Update: We're up to 9 titles that support this system. Hopefully, we'll be able to find some more, and eventually have a complete list.

video demonstrations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbYug-3xhKM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/cross-game-invites-on-playstation/235624

**** - New addition to the list

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant watch the Youtube video at work but I think Red Faction does this...
You recive an invite as a message and then you load up the game and it will send you directly to a lobby associated with the invite.

Maybe I'm still not understanding this thing right, but if that's an example of a cross game invite then there are quite a few games that have that feature. Off the top of my head a few games I've played that have that feature are Battlefield: Bad Company, Rainbow Six: Vegas, and Resident Evil 5.

This is the first time I'm hearing of it being done like in that YouTube video...Hope to see that list grow soon. From what I guesstimate, only some games support Cross Game Invites from the XMB, much in the same way only some games support Game Launching from PlayStation Home (which FYI are Warhawk, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Street Fighter IV and a couple others). There should really be definitive lists for these things...and for PS3-PSP Remote Play compatibility, too, while you're at it. :)

Semi-relevant question: Is it possible to launch into an online game when in a text chat with friends in the XMB? Text chat came in with firmware 2.70 and I always saw it as an interim to implementing full cross game invites from the XMB rather than have each individual game manage it, but based on this thread, this feature already exists in the firmware. Hmm.

bread's done
Back