PS3 HDMI Problem

donpato

CAG Veteran
Hello eveybody.

I kindly ask for any available help in setting up the Display Settings of my new PS3 40MB to output video over HDMI. Right now I am only able to see videos or games from the PS3 via composite video connection.

I have three different Samsung TV sets, one 56` DLP set, and two 32` LCD sets, I have tried with several different HDMI cables but have been unable to generate a HDMI signal. I always end up with the TV set giving me te Message "No Signal" when tuned to HDMI.

Following are the steps that I follow:

Settings
Display Settings
Video Output Settings (says: current output resolution 480i)

I see choices for HDMI, component, composite, and AV Multi.
I choose HDMI.

I get a screen saying

Connector: HDMI

Press x button. The screen will be displayed based on this setting.
If the setting is not correct, the screen will go blank temporarily. Then, after 30 seconds the system will go back to the previous screen.

UNQUOTE

I press X and the screen goes blank, obviously I am looking at the screen corresponding to the composite input, I jump to the screen corresponding to the HDMI input where I only get the No Signal message.

If I turn off and on the PS3, sometimes I get a message that a HDMI connection has been detected, giving me the choice to use it, if I accept we go back to the blank screen and if I jump to the screen corresponding to the HDMI input again I only get the No Signal message.

Any ideas or hints will be most appreciated.

Best Regards

I never even opened my composite cables. I hooked up the HDMI cable, flipped the switch in the back so the light is red, then held down the power button until the PS3 beeped 2 or 3 times (can't remember how many times it's supposed to beep). This way the PS3 automatically does the setting for you.

So just go ahead and unplug the composite cable completely and try that with just the HDMI cable hooked up. Maybe having the composite hooked up is messing something up, I don't know.

You should manually change the output settings (select custom instead of automatic). Make sure 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p are all checked off. It seems to me that this is more than likely your problem as my PS3 defaults to 1080p when it is turned on with HDMI cables.

bread's done
Back