PS3 (I know people ask about this a lot...)

RyanJW

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I've been reading the threads and love it-- can't wait to contribute.

I was introduced here through another website. I was trying to find out if it was worth it to wait on a PS3 or just buy it now. There are a lot of exclusive games that I want to play and I'd really like to get it before Heavy Rain comes out.

My question is, are there ever any specials anywhere on discounts or gift cards or anything that makes the PS3 cheaper than $300 for the 120gb? I'm not going to wait and wait for it if they're incredibly few and far between but if they do happen, I'm willing to wait a little. I just don't want to wait for no reason and am not familiar enough with PS3 prices to know... I know they do it with 360 a lot, but I rarely see Ps3 specials.

I appreciate any help. Sorry for asking a question that seems fairly common, but I'm not really asking if theres a special on PS3 right now, I'm just asking if there are ever specials (aside from Black Friday/Christmastime, of course.. I didn't have disposable income back then...)

Thanks,
Ryan

Most of the specials are going to be around holidays and the fall season.

I would go ahead and buy the system and make up the saves on games you buy.

[quote name='smartypants0319']Target has the 250 gig on clearance for 250 if you're lucky enough to find it[/QUOTE]

ymmv. its not on clearance at every target, even if it is in stock.

There's always the very slim chance of a summertime bundle being announced. It wouldn't release until E3 at the earliest so you're looking at a ~3 month wait for a hypothetical bundle with games you may or may not want to own.

Look for the Sony/Playstation Visa card. They seem to run this deal where if you buy the ps3 with a newly opened card then you get a $100 credit on your credit card effectively dropping it from $300 to $200. I took advantage of this over a year ago and the credit shoed up in a week. The card was issued through Chase and I have seen that promo running pretty consistently. It you can't find info here then search slickdeals.net. Good luck!

bread's done
Back