PS3 in store at Best Buy B&M now

goldbean

CAG Veteran
Feedback
3 (100%)
Three stores in my area (NoVa) received PS3s and starting selling them this morning. I just got back from one of the stores, and I figured I'd post for anyone interested. I was told by a manager that all Best Buys received their shipments last night for sale this morning, but obviously I can't confirm beyond what I know personally (and some may be holding for BF).

Not all employees know about the shipments, so you might have to talk to a manager. Each store in my area received between 18-32 PS3s, with an even split of 20GB and 60GB models.

Good luck.

EDIT: At these stores, limit of 1 per person, and no bundle required.

Just called my local Best Buy in Sugar Land, TX and they have also received a shipment, going to try and get mine now, Thanks for the notice.

I figured that Wii and PS3 shipments would come today so they would be available for Friday.

The Best Buy in West Paterson, NJ had a 'no comment'. The guy said you'd literally have to go down there and buy the system if they had it. They said the only person who could comment on it would be the general manager, and he won't take calls of this nature (understandably).

So basically, if you're in the area, can't hurt to check it out.

I was passing by the Boynton Beach, FL Store today at 12:30pm and saw a guy walkout with a PS3 in his arms, I immediately rushed into a parking spot and ran inside. They apparentley JUST put them out, but as soon as I got up to them, some dirtbag grabbed the last one.

RARRRGGG!

Just left the Galleria store in Houston, and some guy had gotten the last one, right in front of me.....

aarrghhh.....

I guess this is national. Called Waterford lakes a couple of minutes after Topic was created and was told they received their shipment 40 minutes earlier and sold out in 5 minutes. Called the other stores in Orlando and no one wants to answer the phone. BTW, this is in Orlando.

Champaign IL store claimed that they didn't have any and hadn't gotten any since the launch. Is it possible that they didn't know or that it would still come in today?

[quote name='portnoyd']The Best Buy in West Paterson, NJ had a 'no comment'. The guy said you'd literally have to go down there and buy the system if they had it. They said the only person who could comment on it would be the general manager, and he won't take calls of this nature (understandably).

So basically, if you're in the area, can't hurt to check it out.[/quote]

Hey nice to see a fellow NJ CAG'er...

As far as the W.Paterson, NJ BB, I will check it out later. My brother lives 2 minutes away and I'm due for a visit.

[quote name='happyorangeman']Hey nice to see a fellow NJ CAG'er...

As far as the W.Paterson, NJ BB, I will check it out later. My brother lives 2 minutes away and I'm due for a visit.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to check the Manalapan, NJ BB right now.

Just picked this one up at 11AM in Dallas, TX (Park Lane store)

good_day_for_me.jpg

How'd you spend your lunch cleaver? We went to Hooters.

Well I hope you got laid mother fuckers because I just bought a 60 GB PS3 from the Rockville, MD Best Buy!

how the fuck do people find out about this? I am going over now(10:30 am) to check the BB in west LA. Tho i am almost sure they will be all gone. =(

Dammit, my wallet says "NO, DON'T BUY ONE!" but my inner tech geek is calling.

Ugh, there's just nothing out besides Resistence that I want...

I'm going to wait.

thanks OP! I was only able to get a 20 GB though =(. I'll probably try and get a 60 at ebgames this friday, before I open it though.

I just happened to walk in to look at mp3 players and they were starting to unbox them and stack them near the mp3 aisle. It was dumbass luck on my part.

[quote name='dracula']how the fuck do people find out about this? I am going over now(10:30 am) to check the BB in west LA. Tho i am almost sure they will be all gone. =([/quote]

I called one near me and all they had was one 20gb left. I looked in my wallet and had nothing. Oh well I wanted the 60gb version anyways.

Fuh i just read this, rushed over to the west oaks best buy in houston, and i saw the last 2 ps3's they had in the hands of other customers checking out...lucky bastards...

"We were told not to tell anyone that we had them over the phone and we sold out about an hour ago."

I have a heartbreaker tale, too. A guy was walking through the exit with the last PS3 as I was walking through the entrance. :(

I saw this thread when I got home from an exam, and fucking drove like 80MPH to Best Buy.....but to no avail.... :'(

Just checked BB in Costa Mesa, CA, none in stock. Asked the Video Game CSR and they don't know when they'll be getting them. However, asked another CSR from the TV department and he said he thought they had them in the back. CSR from TV Dept., walked off and asked the Video Game CSR who said they didn't have anything. Oh well, here's to hoping they have some on BF.

I tried calling a few of the BB's in nova today and a lot of them did have it but sold out pretty quickly, their numbers were in the 12-16 range for each 60 and 20GB respectively. I was told they seem to get them in randomly as they're not supposed to discuss shipment information

Dammit, my wallet says "NO, DON'T BUY ONE!" but my inner tech geek is calling.

Ugh, there's just nothing out besides Resistence that I want...

I'm going to wait.

Wise, this one is. Heed his words, many of you must. Frustrate you this Holiday, Chance and Sony will.

San Carlos, CA BB did not have PS3, but they did have 12 wii's avaiable when they opened - there was a short line inside. Too bad I was #13.

hows this for bad luck?

I called Best Buy and asked if they had any. the guys says "yep, but not many left" I ask him if they have any 60gb left and he says "we have 3/4 left of those". I immediately run to my car only to find a dead battery. I call everyone I know and no one is home. 20min. later I call Best Buy back figuring they sold out already. I get a lovely "yes, we still have some left". another 20min. pass and I finally find a ride. I call them back one last time while we're heading out and am then told "sorry, we just sold our last one" :(

[quote name='chrishicks']hows this for bad luck?

I called Best Buy and asked if they had any. the guys says "yep, but not many left" I ask him if they have any 60gb left and he says "we have 3/4 left of those". I immediately run to my car only to find a dead battery. I call everyone I know and no one is home. 20min. later I call Best Buy back figuring they sold out already. I get a lovely "yes, we still have some left". another 20min. pass and I finally find a ride. I call them back one last time while we're heading out and am then told "sorry, we just sold our last one" :([/QUOTE]

It means it is not the time yet to have PS3.

No PS3's in Staten Island. I have a feeling the manager is telling all the employees to hush it up because they are saving it for Black Friday. At least that is what I think because either all the employees are stuttering when asked about PS3 or they are holding something back.

How unethical is that? Telling your employees to lie to customers? I mean how can we believe them at any other time if they're lying about having something in? If they're holding back for a specific reason why not just say that, why be shady about it? Yet, they have a problem with "Devil customers" how about we have a problem with "Devil employees"?

Scored a 60gb system earlier at South Bay, Boston. wooot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly why do people constantly go on about the 20gig systems, they are notbad.

[quote name='cheapasssmurf']honestly why do people constantly go on about the 20gig systems, they are notbad.[/quote] Call me crazy, but I'd rather have a 20GB. I love the all black look much more than the chrome trim. You can get a 100GB 2.5" HDD for $70. I have no need for wifi, since I have my router right next to my consoles anyway. And I have no need for card readers. Buuuuuuuuut, that's just me.

Some stoner employee told me to come back Sunday and then said, "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." It made me laugh. I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

bread's done
Back