PS3 is $499 at Target NOW! (7/7/07) Confirmed from several non-CAG sources...

fucking awesome! Is this YMMV? (did you call your store before posting)

Looks like it's nearly 100% official now.

What I am REALLY waiting for is the Xbox 360 price drop.....

C'Mon Microsoft.....Do your stuff.

Eh, someone posted this on forums before it even hit fatwallet, not sure if it was on here or GAF. Anyways, you should put YMMV on your title.
BTW I'd wait until tomorrow and buy it for $599 at CC and get a free wireless controller and then just PM it when it goes on sale on the 15th.

I hope the px will have this price drop on my military post. No taxes is what i'm looking for or hopefully amazon will price match

[quote name='d12ag0n']i picked one up at the Riverside, CA Target yesterday for that price.[/QUOTE]
Wha? You mean "yesterday" as in 7/7/07?

[quote name='PyroGamer']*organizes a lynch mob for misleading thread title* ;)

[/quote]

Whats wrong with the title? REasing more at FW, many several members are confirming. GUys at the fanboy blog allegedly called the store and confirmed.

Looks like its not YMMV....price drop is in effect at Target, at least.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Wha? You mean "yesterday" as in 7/7/07?[/quote]

Sounds like "Yesterday" as in 7/6. These haven;t exactly been flying off shelves. ;)

It's only 9:40 here in EST, still 7/7

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Whats wrong with the title?[/QUOTE]
Actually yeah, it's a fair thread title. NVM.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Sounds like "Yesterday" as in 7/6. These haven;t exactly been flying off shelves. ;)

It's only 9:40 here in EST, still 7/7[/QUOTE]
In CA it would be 7/8. Now that I notice it, though, that sonyfanboy news was posted yesterday.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Actually yeah, it's a fair thread title. NVM.

In CA it would be 7/8.[/quote]

Isn't hte pacific coast BEHIND atlantic coast? Californians can still run out and grab it today, 7/7. Our store are closed now.

It's late, I could be confused.

Anyway, I did further clarify the title of the thread... "Now" is a relative term ;)

[quote name='PyroGamer']Actually yeah, it's a fair thread title. NVM.

In CA it would be 7/8. Now that I notice it, though, that sonyfanboy news was posted yesterday.[/QUOTE]
Umm... Time goes backwards from EST to PST, not fowards.

Right now it is: 7/7/07 6:40pm PST

A few CAGs have mentioned this already. Don't get too excited about any sort of 110% pricematch... if it works, it's a whole $10 ($100 difference). The 10% off with Target card is better if you want to go that route.

[quote name='sasukekun']Umm... Time goes backwards from EST to PST, not fowards.

Right now it is: 7/7/07 6:40pm PST[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']Isn't hte pacific coast BEHIND atlantic coast? Californians can still run out and grab it today, 7/7. Our store are closed now.

It's late, I could be confused.

Anyway, I did further clarify the title of the thread... "Now" is a relative term ;)[/QUOTE]
:lol:

*smacks self senseless with a 2x4*

Yes, you guys are absolutely right. Dear god am I an idiot. And I lived 9 hours ahead in Germany for a long time, too.

[quote name='botticus']A few CAGs have mentioned this already. Don't get too excited about any sort of 110% pricematch... if it works, it's a whole $10 ($100 difference). The 10% off with Target card is better if you want to go that route.[/quote]That's not how pricematch works. It would be $50 off with pricematch.

[quote name='roflitslol']That's not how pricematch works. It would be $50 off with pricematch.[/QUOTE]

How are you getting the $50 off? The way I always understood it, it was 10% of the difference (10% of $100)?

[quote name='gugaplex']How are you getting the $50 off? The way I always understood it, it was 10% of the difference (10% of $100)?[/quote]Well, everytime I went to Best Buy or CC for a price match, they refunded me 10% of the new price after pricematch

I just mine on tuesday. before rumors of the price drop mainly for hte 5 free movies and the backwards compatibility while its still in tact. now im glad i did cuz whne this is in effect i can go back and get my $100 back in my pocket.

[quote name='roflitslol']That's not how pricematch works. It would be $50 off with pricematch.[/quote]
Its the difference between the two prices + 10%, not 10% off the lowest price. :roll:

[quote name='alpinex8']No offense to people that like the ps3 but imo it's not worth 300.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for giving it seeing as so many people were asking for it.

[quote name='Kayden']Its 10% of the difference between the two prices, not 10% off the lowest price. :roll:[/quote]Then the people who work here on Staten Island are idiots :lol:

[quote name='Xevious']What I am REALLY waiting for is the Xbox 360 price drop.....

C'Mon Microsoft.....Do your stuff.[/QUOTE]

Why? So it can break down in a few months and scratch up your discs?

At GC yesterday, the workers were saying the Sony rep denied any drop in PS3 price in the near future. I advised them the rep didn't know what she was talking about.

i was at 2 Targets this evening and i didn't see any price change. but i wouldn't be surprised if the drops did happen today. i ju find it funny from yestedays news that Sony is denying the price drop :lol:

[quote name='roflitslol']Then the people who work here on Staten Island are idiots :lol:[/QUOTE]

they must be....the CC computers AUTOMATICALLY deduct 10% of the difference when the CSR keys in that it is a pricematch. if you go into CC tomorrow and PM target you will pay 499.99-$10= 489.99 everywhere in the country (except staten island)

[quote name='dcon agent 000']Why? So it can break down in a few months and scratch up your discs?[/QUOTE]

Because it's only Next-Gen system that matters? Honestly, I'd take my chances with a 360 than be stuck with a perfectly working PS3. Kinda like how I toughed it out with THREE busted PS2s, rather than cave in and buy an Xbox.

[quote name='Xevious']What I am REALLY waiting for is the Xbox 360 price drop.....

C'Mon Microsoft.....Do your stuff.[/QUOTE]

Given that they've just expanded the warranty to 3 years and as a result added another billion dollars that the Xbox division needs to come up with somewhere down the line, I wouldn't be banking on a 360 price drop anytime soon.....Maybe late october or early nov. While the PS3 price has certainly been an problem, the problem of the lack of games to justify spending $600/$500 is still there, so MS doesn't necessarily have to match any PS3 price drops until that issue is cleared up, which come Nov, it may be a bit.

[quote name='dcon agent 000']Why? So it can break down in a few months and scratch up your discs?[/quote]

thx....troll :arrow:

[quote name='soonerdoc']they must be....the CC computers AUTOMATICALLY deduct 10% of the difference when the CSR keys in that it is a pricematch. if you go into CC tomorrow and PM target you will pay 499.99-$10= 489.99 everywhere in the country (except staten island)[/quote]

I'm pretty positive you're incorrect with that. I've price matched many items and some of the times, the rep forgets to include the extra 10%. It's never been automatic, many times I've had to mention to them afterwards that I didn't get the 10% difference. They might have changed the system, but I doubt that. As recently as 2 weeks ago, I had to have them redo it because I didn't get that 10%.

The sony rep comment about the no planned price drop was made 2 or 3 months ago if I remember correctly, someone probably just pulled it up and forgot to look at the date.

Hey guys! IMO the PS3 will break all your blurays and steal you moneys IMHO. IMHO it is not worth more then 20 dollars IMO

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Because it's only Next-Gen system that matters? Honestly, I'd take my chances with a 360 than be stuck with a perfectly working PS3. Kinda like how I toughed it out with THREE busted PS2s, rather than cave in and buy an Xbox.[/quote]

After using my Best Buy extended warranty within 6 months and then not owning a PS2 for like 2-3 years, I finally got another one(as a present). That one got tripped over and kept locking up on games.

Compared to all that, the Xbox has been a treasure to own and eventually most of the games I had for PS2, I ended up getting on Xbox.

Of course, now I own both(and a GC which is buried in the closet unopened) and enjoy both. But given the alleged failure rate thus far this gen with the 360, I would definitely wait for a major PS3 price drop(to $300 at least) and buy one of those, even with my past history with Sony's stuff.

But, if in order to be able to afford to drop the price $100-200 they remove the hardware BC universally, then I will probably forgo any next gen systems till they're much cheaper.

Not that it has anything to do with this thread, but my PS2 has been running perfectly since launch. I've had to clean the laser a few times, but Sony is hardly to blame for DUST. It is giving me trouble loading PS2 CD games for some reason, but after 7 years of constant use, I'm not really surprised. I have started using a HDD to play my games off of so it really shouldn't be too much trouble. That, and I'm getting a PS3 soon. ^_^

My PS2 survived all this http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67685 (bottom of first post)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']After using my Best Buy extended warranty within 6 months and then not owning a PS2 for like 2-3 years, I finally got another one(as a present). That one got tripped over and kept locking up on games.

Compared to all that, the Xbox has been a treasure to own and eventually most of the games I had for PS2, I ended up getting on Xbox.

Of course, now I own both(and a GC which is buried in the closet unopened) and enjoy both. But given the alleged failure rate thus far this gen with the 360, I would definitely wait for a major PS3 price drop(to $300 at least) and buy one of those, even with my past history with Sony's stuff.

But, if in order to be able to afford to drop the price $100-200 they remove the hardware BC universally, then I will probably forgo any next gen systems till they're much cheaper.[/quote]

The situation of the price drop is probably that sony planned to announce it at E3 but sent the info out to stores early, when one of the CAG or FW faithful leaked it other stores tried to follow suit before the announcement. Any sony reps that knew about it would be told to deny it completely because letting the info get out early would make people not buy any systems at all untill the price dropped and was advertised.

As for people droping FUD and trolling the PS3 shut up already, it's a fine system with very few defective units compared to the other system and has a very nice line up planned for the rest of the year of exclusive titles so the whole "it has no games" excuses can finally end.

[quote name='Jonathan360']I'm pretty positive you're incorrect with that. I've price matched many items and some of the times, the rep forgets to include the extra 10%. It's never been automatic, many times I've had to mention to them afterwards that I didn't get the 10% difference. They might have changed the system, but I doubt that. As recently as 2 weeks ago, I had to have them redo it because I didn't get that 10%.[/quote]There are two options in the CC system, from what I recall - Price Match, and Price Match Plus. The "Plus" one is what they are supposed to use when matching other stores to give the extra 10%. The first is probably supposed to be for their own prices, since they don't give 10% on those. But sometimes they don't know what the hell they're doing, so I've gotten both.

It's possible I'm thinking of Best Buy, but they don't give 110% at checkout for any situation, so more likely it's CC.

I am super cheap...so the best deal for this is to either get it at Target and apply for the credit card to get 10% off or to PM at either CC or BB?

I looked up the Blue Ray disks on half and you can sell them for 19.00-20.00 each brand new. That's 100.00 more dollars off if you're into getting it super cheap.

500.00+50.00 for tax (TN tax sucks)
-50.00 for 10% credit card or PM
-100.00 for selling blue ray movies.

400.00 isn't too bad.

I just called all the targets in my area though and they are all 599.99. I guess I'll have to wait.

[quote name='Alpha2']The situation of the price drop is probably that sony planned to announce it at E3 but sent the info out to stores early, when one of the CAG or FW faithful leaked it other stores tried to follow suit before the announcement. Any sony reps that knew about it would be told to deny it completely because letting the info get out early would make people not buy any systems at all untill the price dropped and was advertised.

As for people droping FUD and trolling the PS3 shut up already, it's a fine system with very few defective units compared to the other system and has a very nice line up planned for the rest of the year of exclusive titles so the whole "it has no games" excuses can finally end.[/quote]

I had a Tandy 486 that was a piece of crap and I wouldnt pay more than $20 for one now (oh yeah sit back and watch the fireworks on this one). :bouncy:

This is actually semi-tempting, but $499 is still too much for a game system... plus, I wasn't able to come up with a single game I would want to pick up for it right now.

Out of curiosity, has any other console ever had a price drop so soon after launching?

bread's done
Back