PS3 LA Noire Rockstar Pass - 9.99 @ Amazon

For some reason I am not that into dlc for LA Noire. If I had all the dlc and could integrate it into my playthrough than I'd be all for it. But going back once I wrapped up the story is something I dont think I'll be doing.

Already picked up the Naked City and Badge pursuit from gamestop, so all I need are the other 3 cases. I could care less about freaking suits. I'll just wait until those 3 cases are on sale, and that'll be even less than 10 bucls.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Already picked up the Naked City and Badge pursuit from gamestop, so all I need are the other 3 cases. I could care less about freaking suits. I'll just wait until those 3 cases are on sale, and that'll be even less than 10 bucls.[/QUOTE]

There's still one more 4 dollar case coming out though next month, "Reefer Madness." Don't forget that PS3 users also get "The Consul's Car" free with their copy of the game (that DLC isn't part of the Rockstar pass either).

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I know, $2, what a huge savings. But useful for those of us who just picked up the game recently on sale and wouldn't mind continuing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1306923782&pf_rd_i=468642

Maybe it will go on sale one day for 33% off or something (so...$8), but why wait?[/QUOTE]is that what it is ($12) on the PSN? I thought I read an article on joystiq that the markdown will be temporary (a month maybe) then it will shoot up to $20. I very well could be wrong but thanks OP, I'll bite

[quote name='shadowkast']is that what it is ($12) on the PSN? I thought I read an article on joystiq that the markdown will be temporary (a month maybe) then it will shoot up to $20. I very well could be wrong but thanks OP, I'll bite[/QUOTE]

When it came out on XBL it was 800 points for 2 weeks and then went to 960 ($12 in real money); the $20 quote is if you buy everything individually instead of getting the Pass, which is a discount in itself if you want it all anyway.

I may be in a more advantageous position since I'm only on the 6th case or so, and haven't even gotten to Vice or Arson yet. My understanding is that they do integrate into the story that way so I will just get a longer game overall.

The badge pursuit seemed odd to me as a DLC, since it doesn't seem to benefit you if you wait until you finish the game (suit and ammo upgrade or something).

I would strongly recommend not buying this on pure principle that at least two of the DLC were day one cuts from the game. I.e. you're paying for something that should have and could have been on the disc. The suits are worthless anyhow and you'd have to remember to change it on every case because the game reverts you to whatever the specific 'desk suit' is when you start. I gave up after the second case because it was simply a hassle and not worth the effort.

This game was already way too damn long to begin with. If they really did cut those cases from the retail version, it's probably a good thing. I had to force myself to play through the last couple cases as it is.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Already picked up the Naked City and Badge pursuit from gamestop, so all I need are the other 3 cases. I could care less about freaking suits. I'll just wait until those 3 cases are on sale, and that'll be even less than 10 bucls.[/QUOTE]

If you could care less about the suits, then you must like them.

Are the DLC cases even worth it? I'm finishing up the last 3 or 4 story cases now and I also think that the game seems too long. Probably because it just got old after a while. If it weren't for me taking breaks from the story to do the shoot em up side missions and hunting for the hidden vehicles, I'd probably be bored to tears and just quit the game.

[quote name='shingletingle']If you could care less about the suits, then you must like them.[/QUOTE]

QFT

i-could-care-less.jpg

the best way to tackle the cases is one or two per day max.

i get so burned out when i tried plowing through this game for 4-6 hrs straight.

hence, why it felt like the game was dragging on wayy too long.

there's just too much information being given.

[quote name='blindinglights']Are the DLC cases even worth it? I'm finishing up the last 3 or 4 story cases now and I also think that the game seems too long. Probably because it just got old after a while. If it weren't for me taking breaks from the story to do the shoot em up side missions and hunting for the hidden vehicles, I'd probably be bored to tears and just quit the game.[/QUOTE]
Only for trophies and the little they extend to the story. I agree the only saving grace of cutting content is that the game wears thin on patience for its length, but that's a fault of game design really.

The DLC cases, at least all the ones I've played, are quite good. They're a breath of fresh air compared to the lousy main game cases.

I'd say they're worth it if you can bring yourself to pay for obviously cut content. Nothing will make up for that lousy Homicide arc or the plodding Arson loop or that retarded finale, but at the very least, they are much closer to what the game should have been.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Jodou, I know you did it on the PS3 thread, but could you remind me why the cases were cut from the game?[/QUOTE]
Pure greed.

That was mostly a rant and speculation, but the fact is Consul's Car and Naked City were pre-order bonuses. There's no reason why they couldn't have been included on the disc other than to generate pre-order sales and revenue from their DLC pass. Naked City is arguably the longest case in the game, too. I ended up getting that one through a code trade and was pissed at the level of content so obviously cut from the game. It also explains why Ad Vice is extremely short, like three cases short, compared to the rest of the desks.

All of the cases were exclusives at different retailers. That they were all planned in advance and achievements drafted in advance and released to picture perfect schedules suggests the most likely assumption is that EVERY one of these cases were cut.

Assuming this, they cut, deliberately, the best cases of the game to sell later. Utterly damning but there's nothing we can really do to fry them for it.

Traffic had two cases cut, Consul's Car, Slip of the Tongue, and they were better than the whole damn Homicide arc.

Speaking of which, quick question about Naked City, spoilerish, only for those who beat it:

We spent so damn much time tailing the husband and hearing what he had to say about the thievery racket, I must have missed where they actually told us why the two thugs actually murdered the girl. Why did they kill her?

[quote name='RollingSkull']All of the cases were exclusives at different retailers. That they were all planned in advance and achievements drafted in advance and released to picture perfect schedules suggests the most likely assumption is that EVERY one of these cases were cut.

Assuming this, they cut, deliberately, the best cases of the game to sell later. Utterly damning but there's nothing we can really do to fry them for it.

Traffic had two cases cut, Consul's Car, Slip of the Tongue, and they were better than the whole damn Homicide arc.[/QUOTE]
I forgot about Slip of the Tongue, which was Walmart only. The two new ones, Nicholson's Electroplating and Reefer Madness, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because they weren't available day one. My only concern was with stuff that was visibly done, but not included for our $60.

Finished the game. Played enough of the main game and didn't felt the need to play the dlc cases. But did checked them on the tube. And I must say; why weren't these dlc cases included the main game. The first ten cases were finished so fast(if you don't do your own driving), these dlc cases were at least twice as long compare to early main cases.

Except for the main homicide section, traffic, vice, and arson case only had 3 or 4 cases. And once I found out my partner can do the driving, the game moved so quickly i felt I didn't get my money's worth. I did went to check all the routes and wrong answers to see all the dialog, and went through that fast as wellㅋ.

Everything in the game was entertaining and good. Bu compare to rockstar's last major release red dead redemption, the game isnt doesn't really that good. I sold it already but will buy again later as a greatest hit version with all dlc cases included if its cheap.

didnt this game came out about a month ago? how the hell does it already have $20 worth of DLC, im not paying for this shit that was probably cut out from the game

LA Noire had plenty of content without these DLC, and other posts on this thread seem to indicate the same. Thus, it doesn't matter to me whether it these cases were cut or not.

The game was worth my $40 at release, and these extra 4 cases are worth the $10 to me. My opinion is that the pass is a smart move as it promotes people to keep the game around for awhile rather than selling it used.

I'm waffling ... I'm about 1/2 way through the main game, and I still haven't decided if I want to continue playing past the end of the main story. Still I may bite on this. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Jodou']I forgot about Slip of the Tongue, which was Walmart only. The two new ones, Nicholson's Electroplating and Reefer Madness, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because they weren't available day one. My only concern was with stuff that was visibly done, but not included for our $60.[/QUOTE]

Well, nicholson was a best buy exclusive. It just took more time to come out.

[quote name='Interfeci']Well, nicholson was a best buy exclusive. It just took more time to come out.[/QUOTE]
Err, pretty sure BB only had the Sharpshooter suit.

[quote name='Jodou']Err, pretty sure BB only had the Sharpshooter suit.[/QUOTE]

No, it was an exclusive at BB for the people that went to the midnight release.

Also mulling this over. I love this game, and still am only about 1/3rd through, so I'm thinking now is the time to pick up these DLC cases.

bread's done
Back