PS3/Laptop 320GB HDD $39 zipzoomfly

pladman

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
My 2 cents on HD's, don't buy anything but Western Digital ;)

I have had problems with everything else before. My Western Digital drives die after 6-10 years of running in computers that are on almost all day, every day (except for vacations/long weekends).

That being said, I am not a fan of rebates, and I don't know much about Hitachi drives either. It would be worth spending an extra 30 bucks for something I know is going to be good.

i've used hitachi, samsung, western digital, and seagate hdd's in various ps3's and all work fine, however one of the seagate ones had to have some additional tinkering done before it would work properly, all the other brands worked fine

I have a hitachi hard drive in my PS3, it's been there for about 6 months already and I haven't had a problem with it.

[quote name='MattVid']My 2 cents on HD's, don't buy anything but Western Digital ;)

I have had problems with everything else before. My Western Digital drives die after 6-10 years of running in computers that are on almost all day, every day (except for vacations/long weekends).

That being said, I am not a fan of rebates, and I don't know much about Hitachi drives either. It would be worth spending an extra 30 bucks for something I know is going to be good.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to attack you, but I disagree. Some of my Seagates (4 alive/1 dead) have lasted longer than my WDs (2 alive/1 dead). You should definitely avoid 7200.10 in Seagate desktops, but most of the other series are good. However, right now I have a Samsung in my current 2yr old laptop and my previous drive in my 7yr old dead laptop was a Hitachi.

Hitachi HDs are pretty reliable. Of course they aren't WDs or Seagates, but should last at least until the PS4 comes out or you upgrade again.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back