PS3 Media Server & Mac

SnorE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
So my question is whats everyone out there that's running a mac use?

Any new programs out there i currently use MediaLink 1.59

Was wondering is there better ones out there...more options etc..

anyone know of anything where you can stream music and play games at the same time?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using MediaLink for about two years. Overall, I've been really disappointed with it. I'm not sure if it is the real culprit, but video streaming has always been problematic. I hope to try PS3 media server once I get an Intel Mac this fall.

I've been using EyeConnect for about a year. Great program. Never had any problems. It only streams, no on the fly converting, but I don't need converting anyway.

what version of medialink do u have? i think they are up 2.0b by now or something...maybe i will give ps3 mediaserver a try as well

I've only used PS3 Media Server a few times but it's worked well for my limited needs, and I've even used it with Remote Play (for Mac-to-PS3-to-PSP streaming) with good results. Haven't tried HD video too much, though.

Also, my understanding is that you won't be able to stream music to the PS3 during a game because it can only play MP3s stored on the PS3 hard drive (for the games that support custom soundtracks).

bread's done
Back