PS3 move bundle $84.99 FS @ dell.

Discover card also offers a 10% cashback if you link through shopdiscover. I ordered one last night but the estimated delivery date is 1/18/11!! If that date holds, I may cancel. Was hoping let the kids play during their winter break.

kinda OT,, but why is the ps3 move much cheaper than the kinect? i dont have ps3, but if the kinect was under $100 i would definitely but it

[quote name='rly723']kinda OT,, but why is the ps3 move much cheaper than the kinect? i dont have ps3, but if the kinect was under $100 i would definitely but it[/QUOTE]

the PS3 move, uses an older camera along with six-axis motion in the wand to track you.

wand= decent piece of tech with multiple sensors warranting the $50 price (hard to find individually though this holiday season)
eye= old old old tech low resolution, but they found a practical use to track the light of the wand, since you need the cam to use the move, they can clear out old inventory and still charge the $30ish dollars for an old camera. (although the mic is surprisingly good and clear for pc and ps3).

$80 bucks so far. throw in a game at cost or slight cost (sports champions/eyepet/whatever) and there you have the $100 price tag.

OP great deal good call on discover cash back too.

[quote name='rudiger94949']the PS3 move, uses an older camera along with six-axis motion in the wand to track you.

wand= decent piece of tech with multiple sensors warranting the $50 price (hard to find individually though this holiday season)
eye= old old old tech low resolution, but they found a practical use to track the light of the wand, since you need the cam to use the move, they can clear out old inventory and still charge the $30ish dollars for an old camera. (although the mic is surprisingly good and clear for pc and ps3).

$80 bucks so far. throw in a game at cost or slight cost (sports champions/eyepet/whatever) and there you have the $100 price tag.

OP great deal good call on discover cash back too.[/QUOTE]

Actually kinect costs to make is pretty low.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/kinect-costs-only-56-to-make-149-99-to-own/

The reason why MS has tripled the price almost (Im guessing here) is because they are literally spending half a billion on marketing kinect.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1128566p1.html

In order for MS to make that half a billion back in a decent amount of time they have to triple its cost or else they will be out all that money for a very long time. So they spent half a billion marketing alone, plus all the money spent on R&D, then the 56 bucks each it costs to make they have to make that money back somehow in short of time as possible so they tripled the price of what it cost to make in order to do that.

From a technological standpoint the kinect is inferior in terms of hardware and incredibly basic tech. What makes kinect, kinect is its drivers and software.

Personally I couldnt care less about kinect. I played with a friends shortly before he returned it and we both had the same reaction, that it was cool for a hour and suddenly became incredibly boring and we didnt like to have to make arm/body movements to do everything. Even flipping through menus on the dashboard was tiresome fast, having to raise your arm and make a motion everytime you wanted to move the page when you could flip the analog stick on the controller and do the exact same thing. Its not that either of us are lazy but we want to relax and play a game and unless the battery dies every controller movement is guarnteed to go through while kinect cant always say the same thing. Not to mention a controller is faster because it becomes a extension of your body and operated with quick finger movements while the kinect requires entire body movements to register.

Im going to buy a move because while its still motion its pretty cool because you still get a controller for buttons to do little small things with, plus the fact you have a actual physical object in your hand that gives your mind and body a sense of place in space. Not to mention move works with a lot of games already, games that can either be played with the move or with a normal controller giving you a option while kinect games are all just for the kinect. And all the kinect games are not very interesting. Its dancing or rubbing a tigers chin or something like that. And I like that move already works with games I already have like resident evil 5 and heavy rain, Ive been wanting to play through them again so I will using the move for fun. And Im hoping the creation kit in little big planet 2 benefits from the move a lot as well.

[quote name='gargus']And all the kinect games are not very interesting. Its dancing or rubbing a tigers chin or something like that. [/QUOTE]

I read your entire rant and LOL'd at that. haha

Actually I have to agree with Gargus. I bought the Japanese Version of the PS Move (Region-Free) from Play-Asia. It comes with a unique Japanese game. I decide to get the Sports Champions game for $20 from Amazon. The total cost was basically $100 for the PS Eye, PS Move Controller, Japanese game Beat (PS3), and Sports Champions (PS3 - US). It was a good deal.

These are all novelty items and I can't see how they would ever go mainstream. Like previously mentioned, it's cool at first and for a while, but after that it becomes more of a chore. I like the Playstation move, but it's too pricey. 100 dollars for the initial bundle, then for games like "The Fight-Lights Out", you need a second Move controller @ 50 bucks. That's already 150 bucks and the nav controller is 30. I would rather spend 150-200 dollars on games or another system even.

gargus, I didn't realize the cost was so low on the kinect, based on that, I know that the move margins are not nearly as high as kinects (i can't disclose actual figures or i'd get fired), and i'd have to agree with you that gaming will always need some sort of controller and removing the controller is more of a gimmick or to try and steal away the extremely younger gaming/family crowd (usually kids 10 & under). The move stays at the current market prices due to the low marketing and dev costs that Sony endured upfront (how many commercials or ads were there for the move, seriously? lol, and utilizing a preexisting camera) however it still sold quite well.

props again to the OP, lets try to keep this a deal thread guys k?

bread's done
Back