PS3 Move Games $9.99 Each (New) @ GameStop

[quote name='josekortez']The stuff I ordered from Gamestop.com showed up a day after I ordered, even with the $2.99 economy shipping. I'm a little upset that I need two Move controllers to play The Fight, but I've got plenty to keep me busy in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it was weird they wanted you to pay $100 just for 2 controllers to play a $40 game.

When I got home, I noticed my version of Start The Party said "Promotional Copy - Not For Resale" on the back. Was this game included as some sort of pack-in? After the whole Deus Ex debacle, I am not surprised that Gamestop would pull out a pack-in, but I don't recall a Start The Party bundle.

[quote name='rjejr']Target has a couple of these bundles in the store by me. Not on their website though.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what would happen if I called Sony and let them know GS is gutting their bundles and selling them piecemeal. . .

[quote name='Stryffe2004']When I got home, I noticed my version of Start The Party said "Promotional Copy - Not For Resale" on the back. Was this game included as some sort of pack-in? After the whole Deus Ex debacle, I am not surprised that Gamestop would pull out a pack-in, but I don't recall a Start The Party bundle.[/QUOTE]

Think I it's one of couple TRU bundles that was offered if you didn't want the Sports Champions game.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']When I got home, I noticed my version of Start The Party said "Promotional Copy - Not For Resale" on the back. Was this game included as some sort of pack-in? After the whole Deus Ex debacle, I am not surprised that Gamestop would pull out a pack-in, but I don't recall a Start The Party bundle.[/QUOTE]

So I try to help you out and google "Start The Party Promotional Copy" nothing really but this thread under web, click images and I get to see this ...

29275Large.jpg
nsfw?

... sigh. :lol: Anyway was the game gutted? Almost sounds like you got one of those "G$ selling used as new" gutted copies I fear so much, what a way to boost profits!

[quote name='hollowfreak']
... sigh. :lol: Anyway was the game gutted? Almost sounds like you got one of those "G$ selling used as new" gutted copies I fear so much, what a way to boost profits![/QUOTE]

Actually, there was a Start the Party bundle (as well as an EyePet bundle), but I thought it was a Target-exclusive bundle.

We all know GS has been selling gutted games as "new" for ages.
So they are selling promo copies as "new" now?
WTF is wrong with them?

Had a successful price match at Best Buy. Now I regret my purchase. I didn't open any of the games yet. I price matched EyePet and Singstar bundle. I also picked up Time Crisis for $15, but I read some reviews and it's not that good. So yeah they have me no hassle though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Has a successful price match at Best Buy. Now I regret my purchase. I didn't open any of the games yet. I price matched EyePet and Singstar bundle. I also picked up Time Crisis for $15, but I read some reviews and it's not that good. So yeah they have me no hassle though.[/QUOTE]
Time Crisis Razing storm? Is that on sale also?

[quote name='kouleefoh']Time Crisis Razing storm? Is that on sale also?[/QUOTE]

That's the price after my discount. A used copy still goes for $24.99.

Oh, man. I tried Killzone 3 last night with the Move by itself and with the Sharpshooter and I got super frustrated. No matter what I did the crosshairs were all over the place and turning was a massive pain in the butt. I tried changing options and nothing seemed to help along with calibrating it multiple times and sometimes it would work and be ok, but then it would go back to be all wacky.

I'm kinda soured on the Move now so I'm thinking of taking it back so I don't regret this in a month when I can't return it anymore.

Dead Space Extraction seemed to work well though.

[quote name='omyard']Oh, man. I tried Killzone 3 last night with the Move by itself and with the Sharpshooter and I got super frustrated. No matter what I did the crosshairs were all over the place and turning was a massive pain in the butt. I tried changing options and nothing seemed to help along with calibrating it multiple times and sometimes it would work and be ok, but then it would go back to be all wacky.

I'm kinda soured on the Move now so I'm thinking of taking it back so I don't regret this in a month when I can't return it anymore.

Dead Space Extraction seemed to work well though.[/QUOTE]

Some games are a hit and miss man. That's just the way it is. Some games like Ape Escape work really well. I always wanted to play EyePet but I don't know if it would hold my interest for too long...I'm going to read some more reviews and decide what I'm going to do with EyePet and SingStar Dance.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Glad I'm not the only one who thought it was weird they wanted you to pay $100 just for 2 controllers to play a $40 game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if I had waited to buy the game in-store, I probably wouldn't have, but it's too late now. I figure there will be a time down the line when I'll be able to pick up another cheap Move controller and then I'll try the game out. But for $10, it isn't that big of a deal. I've got a backlog a mile long right now anyway.

But that picture of Danny Trejo on the back of the packaging for "The Fight" with him double-fisting Move controllers cracks me up every time I see it.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I wonder what would happen if I called Sony and let them know GS is gutting their bundles and selling them piecemeal. . .[/QUOTE]

Probably nothing. They did, however, sell you a used game as GS never sold the Start the Party Bundle. It was a Target exclusive as others have pointed out.

[quote name='bojay1997']Probably nothing. They did, however, sell you a used game as GS never sold the Start the Party Bundle. It was a Target exclusive as others have pointed out.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'd be contacting tellgamestop.com, as they are OBVIOUSLY passing off used/traded-in merchandise as new.

[quote name='omyard']Oh, man. I tried Killzone 3 last night with the Move by itself and with the Sharpshooter and I got super frustrated. No matter what I did the crosshairs were all over the place and turning was a massive pain in the butt. I tried changing options and nothing seemed to help along with calibrating it multiple times and sometimes it would work and be ok, but then it would go back to be all wacky.

Dead Space Extraction seemed to work well though.[/QUOTE]

I didn't like KZ3 at all with the move/nav combo. Was very cumbersome and unnatural to me. I tried it with the sharpshooter and didn't care for that, as well. I actually think the sharpshooter is a flawed, awkward piece of crap. IMO, the Move controls aren't really good for FPS games. The Move controls are great with traditional lightgun style rail shooters. One overlooked title that I've found works great with the Move controls is Hustle Kings. That's a game you can DL off the PSN for 10 bones.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I didn't like KZ3 at all with the move/nav combo. Was very cumbersome and unnatural to me. I tried it with the sharpshooter and didn't care for that, as well. I actually think the sharpshooter is a flawed, awkward piece of crap. IMO, the Move controls aren't really good for FPS games. The Move controls are great with traditional lightgun style rail shooters. One overlooked title that I've found works great with the Move controls is Hustle Kings. That's a game you can DL off the PSN for 10 bones.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Those are my feelings exactly. You've gave me so much piece of mind cause it seemed like all I was reading was how get the Move and Sharpshooter were for Killzone 3. So now I know it's not just me.

I was getting so frustrated last night.

[quote name='omyard']Thank you. Those are my feelings exactly. You've gave me so much piece of mind cause it seemed like all I was reading was how get the Move and Sharpshooter were for Killzone 3. So now I know it's not just me.

I was getting so frustrated last night.[/QUOTE]

Now I do think the Move/nav combo work pretty well with Re5 Gold. The button layout with RE5 Gold doesn't really lend itself to work right with the Sharpshooter, however.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Now I do think the Move/nav combo work pretty well with Re5 Gold. The button layout with RE5 Gold doesn't really lend itself to work right with the Sharpshooter, however.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I was hoping so since I loved RE4 Wii so much. Too bad I have to buy the Gold version of RE5. That kinda burns me since I already bought it when it came out 3 years ago.

[quote name='omyard']Cool, I was hoping so since I loved RE4 Wii so much. Too bad I have to buy the Gold version of RE5. That kinda burns me since I already bought it when it came out 3 years ago.[/QUOTE]

If you loved the controls for RE4 wii, you'll love them for RE5 gold. The main difference is that the aim reticule in RE5 resets its position every time you aim, unlike RE4.. but it's not difficult to get used to. I thought RE5 was an alright game when I first played it with my dualshock controller.. but I love it after playing it with the move.

For Move in KZ3, you have to find settings and a calibration that work for you. If you don't understand the settings, and you don't understand what is happening when you are calibrating the Move, then it will always feel bad.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I just checked out Dead Space Extraction with the Move. It's so damn fun. I may or may not return Time Crisis Razing Storm. Has anyone played it yet?[/QUOTE]

Deadstorm Pirates alone makes it worth every penny.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I wonder what would happen if I called Sony and let them know GS is gutting their bundles and selling them piecemeal. . .[/QUOTE]

Nothing.

PS3's move library has been pretty weak IMO, waiting for GOldeneye and House of the dead remake to see how they will play with the sharpshooter!

I wished time crisis razing storm was part of this $10 sale...

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Razing storm is great for Move controls. 3 on rails shooters in one package. The story mode for RS is kinda weak.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks! Looks like I'll keep it then. I haven't seen it cheaper than $15 anywhere.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Alright, thanks! Looks like I'll keep it then. I haven't seen it cheaper than $15 anywhere.[/QUOTE]
The real gem in the time crisis bundle is the port of the pirate light shooter game. Jim Sterling reviewed it (destructoid.com) and it seemed ridiculously fun.

[quote name='Grinchy']For Move in KZ3, you have to find settings and a calibration that work for you. If you don't understand the settings, and you don't understand what is happening when you are calibrating the Move, then it will always feel bad.[/QUOTE]

This. I personally can't see playing a FPS with the Sharpshooter unless it's a stop and aim game like Resident Evil 4 & Dead Aim but I think it works great without the sharpshooter. I prefer an always aiming setup with a small deadzone in the center. Metroid had a great setting for that, Killzone was a bit tougher to setup at first but it's definitely doable. I never found myself pointing straight-armed at the corners of the screen during setup it was more just tilt my wrist as far as I wanted to for each setting.

My one gripe with Razing Storm is you can't use the nav controller in conjunction with the motion controller. I would have liked to see a control layout enabling you to use the nav as duck/reload on Razing Storm (arcade) and Time Crisis 4. I use the shooting attachment (pistol) for these games and while it's not really an issue to have to push the "move" button for reload, it still would be better to me if I could use the nav controller.

[quote name='hollowfreak']This. I personally can't see playing a FPS with the Sharpshooter unless it's a stop and aim game like Resident Evil 4 & Dead Aim but I think it works great without the sharpshooter. I prefer an always aiming setup with a small deadzone in the center. Metroid had a great setting for that, Killzone was a bit tougher to setup at first but it's definitely doable. I never found myself pointing straight-armed at the corners of the screen during setup it was more just tilt my wrist as far as I wanted to for each setting.[/QUOTE]

For me personally, the Sharpshooter just isn't good for FPS games. Having to use the Sharpshooter to move your view left/right/up/down (what the right analog stick does) by pointing off to each side of the screen just feels cumbersome and slow. It doesn't really work right with RE5 Gold, either. Button layout is hokey and makes it awkward.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's better with the Move/Nav combo as opposed to the Sharpshooter due to the lack of fixed aiming that games like Resistance 3 and MAG have.

I recommend setting the deadzone to 0 in KZ3. This video has a good analysis of KZ3 with the Move:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=levDGb1FY6E

I'm a bit annoyed. I went into my local Gamestop on Saturday and but a bunch of accessories for the Move at the 50% off sale. The one game I wanted most out of the bunch was Singstar Dance. Neither of my local Gamestops had it, so they told me to check online. The closest store that had it in stock was 35 miles away. I put a hold on it through the website and received the confirmation. When I went down to pick it up, they held the bundle instead of the stand-alone game. The bundle rang up at $39.99. They told me that if I wanted a used copy with no case or instructions for $9.99, I could go to another local store. I just walked out.

[quote name='Havokscry']I'm a bit annoyed. I went into my local Gamestop on Saturday and but a bunch of accessories for the Move at the 50% off sale. The one game I wanted most out of the bunch was Singstar Dance. Neither of my local Gamestops had it, so they told me to check online. The closest store that had it in stock was 35 miles away. I put a hold on it through the website and received the confirmation. When I went down to pick it up, they held the bundle instead of the stand-alone game. The bundle rang up at $39.99. They told me that if I wanted a used copy with no case or instructions for $9.99, I could go to another local store. I just walked out.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they only sell the bundle, and it should total at 9.99. Unless something was changed in the past few days...

[quote name='sp00ge']I'm pretty sure they only sell the bundle, and it should total at 9.99. Unless something was changed in the past few days...[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed customer service and checked the box that asked me if I wanted the district manager of the store to contact me.

[quote name='Havokscry']I'm a bit annoyed. I went into my local Gamestop on Saturday and but a bunch of accessories for the Move at the 50% off sale. The one game I wanted most out of the bunch was Singstar Dance. Neither of my local Gamestops had it, so they told me to check online. The closest store that had it in stock was 35 miles away. I put a hold on it through the website and received the confirmation. When I went down to pick it up, they held the bundle instead of the stand-alone game. The bundle rang up at $39.99. They told me that if I wanted a used copy with no case or instructions for $9.99, I could go to another local store. I just walked out.[/QUOTE]

It shows as 39.99 on the website for the "in-store" price so maybe putting it on hold put the price on hold, too? I bought the bundle in-store as well. The cashier said "OK, that's $39.99 plus tax." I asked him to scan it and it rang up as $9.99. Then he looked at me funny as if to say "Singstar Dance? Really?"

[quote name='dboy81']It shows as 39.99 on the website for the "in-store" price so maybe putting it on hold put the price on hold, too? I bought the bundle in-store as well. The cashier said "OK, that's $39.99 plus tax." I asked him to scan it and it rang up as $9.99. Then he looked at me funny as if to say "Singstar Dance? Really?"[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm confused...On GS's site it shows the game-only version for $10:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/singstar-dance/78147

Yet, you got the bundle (game, 2 x mics & USB converter) in-store for $10?!? I only wanted the bundle for the mics if it's only $10.

[quote name='Hirata']Not sure if anybody's mentioned it yet, but Kung-Fu Rider is 8.99 at Amazon right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Kung-Fu-Rider-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6E3QY/ref=pd_sim_vg4

Just in case somebody was looking to get a copy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, was thinking about picking it up.

I've always felt Move was a gigantic waste of money. It's a blatant rip-off of the Wii, with even less games! The kinect is a neat little casual friendly device that does more than just play games... so I can see the desire for that...

I love my PS3, but in all honesty, these "hardcore gamers" that support the move are just blatant fanboys :\

I feel your pain man. 35 miles is a long way to drive for nothing....I would've been pissed as hell.
[quote name='Ferrari Racer']I bought 2 copies of Heroes. I decided to return them to GS a few days later and the guy gave me $85 instead of $20! XFD what an idiot!!![/QUOTE]

Lol, that's pretty awesome. If only that could happen to me, lol.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I've always felt Move was a gigantic waste of money. It's a blatant rip-off of the Wii, with even less games! The kinect is a neat little casual friendly device that does more than just play games... so I can see the desire for that...

I love my PS3, but in all honesty, these "hardcore gamers" that support the move are just blatant fanboys :\[/QUOTE]

kinect is just a rip off of the eyetoy

bread's done
Back