ps3 new super slim high pitch noise problem

I tried putting our super slim vertical, but at least in our TV stand it then became kind of tricky to get the disc out. Putting the disc in was easy, but getting it back out was not. I think this thing is designed solely to be horizontal.

And to be fair, I then tried putting our slim 360 vertical... and it made the thing far louder when spinning a disc, worryingly so. Brrrwwrrrr! I put it back horizontal too. The only system I have that works perfectly fine vertically is our Wii (probably U too, but we don't have one of those).

I don't find the disc seeking noises to be that big of a deal. It's intermittent and not bothersome. The fan is a little loud, though, when it's running. I think if you put it in a TV stand (and not on top of it), that isn't so noticeable.

I have the Uncharted super slim model and it is quiet. No problems playing games, movies, or digital content. It is not normal if your system gets loud. Aside from the disc loading, your ps3 should be quiet.

One annoying thing you have to be mindful of is remembering to close the tray door after you remove/replace a disc. My TV stand is also black so it's harder to notice when I forget to close my tray which allows dust to settle inside the tray.

im getting the super slim today also. hope i dont have any of these issues. my fat ps3 160 gig would make loud noises and i would have to put game cases on top to weigh the case down so it wouldnt shake/rattle/roll so much. hopefully it lasts a few more days til i trade it in at gamestop ;)

I was playing last night, and sometimes the disc seeking noises can be a little annoying. I was playing Uncharted and at times the disc was going click-click-click-click even when it wouldn't seem that it should need to be reading the disc. It's not a big deal, but worth mentioning.

On a related note, Uncharted played perfectly for me last night. No problems with the cut scenes at all. Weird, but I'm happy it's playing right now. I don't know if I got past whatever disc imperfection was causing the problem before, or if it was some other issue. Maybe the disc was just dirty then?

Right, I just realized I have the same problem too as the OP :(

Bought it at GameStop (Uncharted 3 bundle), and I still have the receipt, sealed copy of the U3, and unused controllers and cables -- they'll replace it no probs or whatsoever right? Just wondering since this is the first time I'm trying to replace a bundled unit. I'm also planning to switch to the white one too if it's possible (don't mind adding a few bucks) next week...

I had said ours does not do this, but I think I'm noticing it now. It's not as bad as the OP, but when I have the PS3 sitting out on top of our TV stand, like the OP had, I do now notice it. However I put the PS3 in our TV stand, in my case vertical, and now I don't hear it. The stand is blocking the sound that is there, I guess. It also makes the rushing fan noise less loud too, so it makes sense anyway.

bread's done
Back