PS3 or Wait

ChosenOne1

CAGiversary!
I had a PS3 about 4 years ago. I really enjoyed it, but simply had to sell it to get the new xbox slim. Gamestop was running the $200 guaranteed deal for any PS3 traded in so that helped pay off the new xbox.

Now 4 years pass and I want a PS3 again. However, my dilemma is purchase now, sell in about 1 and a half to get the PS4, and not get very much money in return. Or just wait until the next generation to purchase a Playstation again.

I am definitely buying both new generations of Xbox and PS when they release in the near future so that is a given.

So should I go ahead and purchase the PS3 Uncharted 3 Bundle (never got around to trying the Uncharted or Infamous series') or should I wait till the next generation of consoles?

id get the uncharted bundle. i waited till try the uncharted series and was mad at myself. amazing series was disappointed about how short the campign was on UC3 though :(. I've been wanting to try Infamous also but the first one is still pretty expensive :(. Theres great series for PS3 but i've always been a playstation person

Alright this definitely helps. I'm trying to minimize expenses since they're a quite a few games I want that are coming out soon (Borderlands 2, Halo 4, Far Cry 3, GTA V, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Dead Space 3, Rainbow Six Patriots, Assassins Creed 3, The Last of Us).

PS+ does sound like a good deal too since they have those free games. I know Infamous 2 is on there right now a friend said. So I should decide soon so I could grab that one.

I would get one now as there's plenty of games you've missed out on since you traded it in and plenty more to come. By the time the PS4 rollls around you probably are going to want to play those next gen games and have less time for these current gen ones

Also the PS4 won't be using the cell processor so it won't be backwards compatible with PS3 games. If there's PS3 titles you want to play, buy them now.

Get the PS3 , Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2 and Infamous 2 are probably on top of this generation AAA games. The sheer production value of these 3 are amazing ! (especially UC 2 and MGS 4)

Also Yakuza series on PS3 is the true successor to the legendary Shenmue on dream cast . I have never found myself in love this much to a sandbox since ... well .... GTA : SA

And yeah , next year we have Ni No Kuni , The Last Guardian, THE LAST OF US :D

[quote name='excellen']Also the PS4 won't be using the cell processor so it won't be backwards compatible with PS3 games. If there's PS3 titles you want to play, buy them now.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't it be able to play PS3 games if it uses a different processor? The CPU in the PS4 *should* be stronger then the PS3's and if anything they should just run it via emulation.

[quote name='Fire2box']Why wouldn't it be able to play PS3 games if it uses a different processor? The CPU in the PS4 *should* be stronger then the PS3's and if anything they should just run it via emulation.[/QUOTE]

Software emulation would be possible but the secret to the Playstation's backwards compatibility is about it having the exact chips/processors on the board from the last gen (or in the case of the PS1 two generations) which allows it to run the games as a PS2 (or PS1) and not as an software emulated (which is rarely perfect) PS2...
Making this a depressing comment if it is indeed true... (Nothing is set in stone but Cells are experience... They aren't going to be on the PS4.)

[quote name='excellen']Also the PS4 won't be using the cell processor so it won't be backwards compatible with PS3 games. If there's PS3 titles you want to play, buy them now.[/QUOTE]

OP, as others have pointed out its pretty much no reason not to get one though if you've spent a bundle on XBLA games you might want to hold off on PS+... I own both system and for me its just a better money spent on discounted MS point cards and the occasional PS3 purchase... That way I get what I want and not what they offer me. (If you haven't done that than its a hell of a deal.)

bread's done
Back