PS3... out of stock everywhere

So I got one today from gamestop. They got 3 slims new instock today. Best Buy got like 5+ I heard. Around Savannah GA. Some other random places got them in too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, I think I was telling them I don't work that closely with the stock and I had no clue when XYZ item was coming in. I admit I was one of the 'lazy' clerks like you might see in Sears and Kmart who don't go out of their way to help someone since it's 'not their department'.

Then again, I didn't start out like that, I started out trying to be super helpful and all I got were overbearing people with no manners who were ungrateful douchebags. So I stopped trying to give top notch service and I settled for 'getting by'.

Of course the best example of this was when I was tasked with 'helping' a customer to lug some heavy ass pre-fab entertainment center box(on a cart) out to his pick-up truck parked in the fire lane. We get out there and instead of just 'needing a hand', the redneck stands back and watches me hoist the 100 or so pound box up over the tailgate to the bed of his truck and after I have it 4/5's of the way in there he uses one hand and pushes it in the rest of the way.:roll:

Yeah. Suffice to say, after nearly giving myself a hernia to help out this fuckwad I decided that any time someone needed 'carryout service' on their heavy layaway shit anymore, that was when I 'needed to go to the bathroom' and I let the other saps there handle it.[/QUOTE]

That place you worked at sounds shitty.

[quote name='Tony208']That place you worked at sounds shitty.[/QUOTE]

It was Hills, which was later on absorbed into Ames, which then went out of business. The manager was a typical dick and cared more about profit margin over the employees.

yeah target.com via amazon had some yesterday and also eToys via Buy.com but I didint pull the trigger coz i didint want to pay tax or shipping :D... I guess they were right that by April, it shouldn't be that hard to get one..

I bought a Slim on Amazon about an hour ago and came here to spread the word. Didn't think I'd be this happy to buy a PS3 for MSRP. At least I get free shipping and no taxes.

I have Prime and it's giving me an estimated delivery date of 3/31

I'm surprised people are selling these one ebay for $330 free shipping, maybe they got a great deal or buy in bulk. Shipping is going to cost upwards of $20, 8%/4.5% of $330, and paypal fees probably close to $10.
$330-$20-$16.60-$9=$284.40
I hope they got a deal or buy in bulk. You gotta sell a PS3 for $350 to break even. Then you should consider insuring it and getting signature confirmation for something that expensive. Not worth it.

My 60 gig had gone out on me so I have been looking for one for a month. Finally found one online at a best buy about 45 minutes from me. (I'm in Minneapolis), when I called they first told me they did not have any in stock, then when I asked her to go look in the warehouse she found the shipment and said they hadn't even been put out yet and nobody at the store knew they had them. I bought one over the phone (250 gig), and by the time I got to the store (I left immediately) every singe one was paid for by phone and internet orders. There was none left for sale...

They are in short supply no doubt, but going through an entire shipment in 45 minutes without even setting the things on the shelf is crazy. The guy told me I was the first one to get one out of the shipment and they had been swamped with calls for the 45 minutes the internet said the store had them.

[quote name='kingotnw']My 60 gig had gone out on me so I have been looking for one for a month. Finally found one online at a best buy about 45 minutes from me. (I'm in Minneapolis), when I called they first told me they did not have any in stock, then when I asked her to go look in the warehouse she found the shipment and said they hadn't even been put out yet and nobody at the store knew they had them. I bought one over the phone (250 gig), and by the time I got to the store (I left immediately) every singe one was paid for by phone and internet orders. There was none left for sale...

They are in short supply no doubt, but going through an entire shipment in 45 minutes without even setting the things on the shelf is crazy. The guy told me I was the first one to get one out of the shipment and they had been swamped with calls for the 45 minutes the internet said the store had them.[/QUOTE]
Daang. So did you get yours? Or were they all gone by the time you got there? You ordered off the phone, so they probably held you one.

[quote name='kingotnw']My 60 gig had gone out on me so I have been looking for one for a month. Finally found one online at a best buy about 45 minutes from me. (I'm in Minneapolis), when I called they first told me they did not have any in stock, then when I asked her to go look in the warehouse she found the shipment and said they hadn't even been put out yet and nobody at the store knew they had them. I bought one over the phone (250 gig), and by the time I got to the store (I left immediately) every singe one was paid for by phone and internet orders. There was none left for sale... [/QUOTE]
What serial number did you get? cech-2001?

They should change the title of this thread to PS3's breaking everywhere.
Or maybe the PS3 it only does everything, if it doesn't break in the first year.

I had credit from Gamestop and used BBV's B1G1 sale to flips games over to GS and build enough credit to finally buy myself a PS3. I had to order it online though because there are no PS3s available at my local Gamestops. I also ordered Fallout 3 and Pure from Gamestop as well as Burnout Paradise from the EA store for $5+ after using the $15 coupon code I redeemed from Recycle Bank. My Gamestop orders will arrive early next week, but my EA order still hasn't shipped even though I placed it early on 4/6.

Edit: I just got confirmation that Burnout Paradise has shipped from the EA store. I can't wait to play it!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Neo-Nut']They should change the title of this thread to PS3's breaking everywhere.
Or maybe the PS3 it only does everything, if it doesn't break in the first year.[/QUOTE]

Mine started having problems 2 months after I purchased it.

So should I get one from Amazon or wait and get it at a Target brick & mortar? Target is out of stock but has a 90 day return policy, Amazon has it but I would have to ship it to Sony if a problem arises.

[quote name='willardhaven']So should I get one from Amazon or wait and get it at a Target brick & mortar? Target is out of stock but has a 90 day return policy, Amazon has it but I would have to ship it to Sony if a problem arises.[/QUOTE]

Target... its a pain in the ass shipping back to Amaon

There's one location by me with the 2001 model, but I'm wondering if I should wait for the 2101 to show up at all the other OOS Targets. It's too bad there is no way to look up shipments (like when I worked at Best Buy).

[quote name='billyrox']Target... its a pain in the ass shipping back to Amazon[/QUOTE]
I'm going to have to disagree with this. Returning/exchanging things from Amazon has always been a superb experience for me. For example, the MW2 limited 360 console I bought had a cracked case for the MW2 game, and they refunded me $40, just for the case being cracked :applause:

Having a shortage 3.5 years into a product lifecycle has got to be a first. They must be trying to clear out all of the 2001 skus before releasing the new 2101A/B sku products.

Well there were 2 2001 models left at Target (only 2 Targets around here seem to have any). Since they have a 3 month policy I'll wait a little while to open it to see if they restock and get the 2101, otherwise I've got my PS3.

The tape seal on it looked strange, but since it's lined up to a pre-printed mark on the box I think it's completely sealed. It also has some Playstation tape on the bottom of the box which I thought was weird at first.

I can't believe it's sold out at so many stores though.

bread's done
Back