PS3/PC Maxdrive 160gb HDD $31.49 at Best Buy!

Southard

CAGiversary!
I work at Best Buy and discovered today that the Maxdrive we have had lying around the store dropped from $129.99 to $31.49 when I was doing price checks with the telxon. I bought the last one. This is a great deal if you need an external hard drive. Also just as a side note when I plugged it into my computer it turns out the drive is actually 230gb!

Why has a mod not even replied in here, much less taken action? If mods don't start doing something about this crap real soon, it is going to be irreparable. I have seen forums where mods stop caring and let swearing, flaming and just general trolling slowly get out of hand to the point that when the board leadership does get together and decide to start doing their jobs the members left who have not been driven away end up rising up against the mods because these "new" (read: enforced) rules are too much and they make modding hell for the mods to the point they just give in and let the place turn into a madhouse.

I left some of the casual topic threads permanently a couple of years ago for this reason. Sometimes things can get rough in those threads and the little cliques end up ganging up on someone and the mods don't care because certain cliques own certain threads and that's fine with them. I didn't like seeing people treated like crap (nor do I like being treated that way). I really do not want to be driven away from the deal boards for the same reason.

This is a good deal and if I didn't already have a 500GB drive hooked up to my 60GB PS3, I would be out looking for a similar price on an HDD. Thanks OP.

$28.99 for me, picked the last one

here is the proof for any one who doubts

my.php

http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img001cy4.jpg

That is a sweet deal. I would have to look at the Best Buy that is "near" me, hour drive. I need an external HDD for my PC seeing how it has a 20 GB HHD. But free is free.

My store had it in the $50 range so I did not bite. The guy who got the 500 GB HD for $90 got the best deal though.

Thanks OP for the heads up!

-- Alex

FWIW this looks like the one I nabbed at Bestbuy for $90.

Thought for a while I might have to take it back, but just had to reformat it as NTFS for it to work.

I have to admit though... as a 360 owner the red ring makes me nervous.

It's a pretty good deal...although, I would rather put that money towards a larger internal drive. I guess this would be good to back up the PS3 though.....hmmm, maybe I'll do that if I can find ne cheap enough

Went by BB earlier and the price on the rack was $78.99, but when I asked someone to check the price it rang up for $28.99! Bought one, but there are a few left still...

[quote name='weaponomega2x']Went by BB earlier and the price on the rack was $78.99, but when I asked someone to check the price it rang up for $28.99! Bought one, but there are a few left still...[/quote]

Where is that?
Also, can you grab some for other CAG's? All the stores around me are sold out, for a long time :/

They had 3 of them for $28.99 at one of the BB's in my area, so I picked up 2 though I don't know why I got an extra one. I tried to use the 10% off cpn but the discount wouldn't apply after it was scanned and the bitch cashier wouldn't manually adjust it, saying that it was a game accessory and the cpn didn't include those, even though I told her it was a external hard drive used for PC's and those were included on the cpn. Anyway, thanks op.

wait is this marketed as an external ps3 drive? would it be in the ps3 section? goin to check it out today so i need to know, thx

Just checked my local Best Buy, and they had sold their last one :( Also, it said it was in stock on their store locator, so don't go by that.

They would be in the PS3 section on the bottom shelf under the games, where they put some of their bulkier games and accessories.

I found one at my local bb and it is now priced at $53 after I told the cashier to scan it. Is it worth it and would it also be readable on a mac?

bread's done
Back