PS3 PowerStand Charger (for DualShock 3 and Sixaxis) - $12.99 at Gamestop.com and B&M

DaBargainHunta

CAGiversary!
Picked this up today at Gamestop and it's also available online...

Haven't tried it out yet, but I'll answer any questions if anyone has any.

The PowerStand Charger is an effective solution for charging two PS3 SIXAXIS or DualShock 3 controllers simultaneously, using the existing rechargeable battery in the PS3 SIXAXIS or DualShock 3 controllers. To ensure proper charging, the spring-loaded cradle holds controllers securely in place and LED indicator lights alert you when charging is complete. As an official licensed PlayStation charger, it does not void the system warranty. Energy Star Compliant. Officially licensed PlayStation product developed by POWER A. PlayStation controllers sold separately.

- The only officially licensed PlayStation controller charger!
- Charges up to two SIXAXIS or DualShock 3 controllers simultaneously using the existing rechargeable battery in each controller.
- Spring-loaded cradle holds controllers securely, ensuring a secure charging contact is made every time.
- Includes Charging Stand, AC Adaptor, and 2 Charging Adaptors.
- Officially licensed PlayStation product developed by POWER A.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/ps3-powerstand-charger/90506

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay... I just tried this. It's not immediately intuitive, but it's very simple once you read the instructions.

At first I feared there would be no light of any kind to signal the charge, but there are actually two bright flashing blue lights. I guess that means you can't charge your controllers overnight. ;)

Both of mine are charging right now.

I saw this in store but realized it isn't that good for me. I have my laptop on my table at all times when I play my PS3 so if my controller is dying I can charge it from my laptop. Plus since this requires you use an adapter on the controller it removes the possibility of attached the official keypad.

I like the idea and that is a great price for them. Sadly I don't think it will work with my set up. Great find though. I have to admit even though they are extremely bulky the removable batteries on the 360 are nice at times.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']Okay... I just tried this. It's not immediately intuitive, but it's very simple once you read the instructions.

At first I feared there would be no light of any kind to signal the charge, but there are actually two bright flashing blue lights. I guess that means you can't charge your controllers overnight. ;)

Both of mine are charging right now.[/QUOTE]

Got home and put it together in about 27 seconds :| Works great, but the blue LEDs are gonna have to have some Electrical tape or similar placed over them or it'll light up the whole room at night.

[quote name='mgford11']Got home and put it together in about 27 seconds :| Works great, but the blue LEDs are gonna have to have some Electrical tape or similar placed over them or it'll light up the whole room at night.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those LEDs are obnoxious. I was glad for some sort of light signal, but they went overboard.

Anyway, the controllers ended up charging in about 3 hours (maybe less, but definitely more than 2 hours). So, it's slower than plugging in into your PS3, but it's useful because you can charge two at the same time and without turning on the system. I use my 2nd controller as a PC controller, so it's nice not to have to depend on the system or look for a USB cord (and my laptop setup is too cramped to do any charging from there anyway).

[quote name='jskatt21']Does this stop charging once the controllers are charged?[/QUOTE]
According to the instructions:

Q: Can I leave my SIXAXIS or DUALSHOCK 3 controller on the charge dock after the light has turned solid blue?

A: Yes, the controller will be at full charge and internal circuitry in the stand will prevent overcharging.

So, yep, you can leave it in. Honestly though, the blue light is so bright that you'll probably want to unplug it anyway.

bread's done
Back