PS3 questions

Lorddraco07

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Very interested in how the PS3 is since I got a Wii and a 360 so far. Thinking about buying one with a hdtv so here are my questions..

1. If I buy it around the 20th what games are worth buying? Looking at Resistance and NGS so far.

2. What is a cheap hdtv for around 1-2 grand? Looking at getting one with hdmi and a surround sound system for the ps3 as i only have a small 20" tv atm.

3. I'll need to buy a hdmi cable correct since one doesn't come with the PS3?

Thanks for answering my questions. :)

[quote name='Lorddraco07']Very interested in how the PS3 is since I got a Wii and a 360 so far. Thinking about buying one with a hdtv so here are my questions..

1. If I buy it around the 20th what games are worth buying? Looking at Resistance and NGS so far.

2. What is a cheap hdtv for around 1-2 grand? Looking at getting one with hdmi and a surround sound system for the ps3 as i only have a small 20" tv atm.

3. I'll need to buy a hdmi cable correct since one doesn't come with the PS3?

Thanks for answering my questions. :)[/QUOTE]

1.) From now until fall you can look forward to Lair, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank and Warhawk. Also, even though it's coming to the 360, you could always buy Virtua Fighter now. Oh and there are some good games on the playstation network...Super Stardust HD, flOw, Calling all Cars, MK II, Tekken: DR...

2.) Not sure about that one..sorry :D

3.) Yea, just get one from monorprice. It's like 7.00 after shipping there.

1. Those are a sure bet... I like Resistance, and so far the demo of NGS has me hooked... It's Gaiden-difficult, though. :) I'd also get Super Stardust HD (VERY fun)... and Tekken if you're a fighting fan... both are to be had via the store online.

2. Depends on the size... for 1-2 grand, you can get a fairly large TV these days.... My money's on Samsung, because I have one of their LCD TVs, plus my computer monitors are Samsung and they've been rock solid. I have a 32" LN-S3251D and it works great (720p). Anything below a certain size (there's a chart somewhere online about resolution and distance from the TV...) is wasted on 1080p... Mine's down to $979 now... comes with 2 HDMI, 2 coax, component, two S-Video and VGA... (for the 360... if you have one... or a PC)

I think a good rule of thumb is 37" and below are fine at 720p... 42" is iffy... but anything larger than that should probably be 1080p. (you can find a sub-2K 1080p set if you're willing to shop around... but you get what you pay for.. so I wouldn't be too surprised if a $799 1080p TV sucked.) Always look for great contrast ratio and response time in any set you look at. Be sure to sit in front of one watching what you want to watch (not the canned crapola at CC) and fiddle with the controls as much as you can to see if the set handles it... Nothing's perfect... but a little patience can pay off. (I got my TV for $1399 a year ago...) So it pays to shop around. :)

3. yes, you need a cable too... additional cost is negligible since you can get one for cheap at monoprice.com (hint: you don't need a Monster cable for HDMI.)

bread's done
Back