PS3 Racing Game Recommendations...

futhamucka

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I'm going to be getting a PS3 in the near future. I wanted to get some ideas about what racing game(s) to get for it.
I'm NOT into racing sims, so GT5 is not something I'm interested in. In the past I have really enjoyed the Project Gotham Racing series (going back to their Dreamcast days), and I also really like Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Since the PGR games are xbox only, what's out there that drives like that?
I have played Burnout and that's not bad, but it's perhaps too arcadey for me. Somewhere in-between probably, and ideas?

Ok, so out would be Burnout, Full Auto 2 and Ridge Racer, too arcadey.

Would you put Motorstorm in that pile as well? It isn't really a street racer but it is a hell of a lot of fun.

I am not into the whole street racing thing but I did enjoy Need For Speed Most Wanted. I actually played through the whole thing.

I can't comment on NFS Pro Street, never played it.

What about F1? It is a very overlooked PS3 game and it is pretty damn good. There might still be a demo of it on PS store. It has a good balance of sim and arcade, and you customize it to be more of your preference.

If your a newer NFS fan then there is Carbon and Pro Street. Motostorm and DiRT are fun as hell, but are offroad racers. There is also the new Sega Rally Revo or whatever its called. Motostorm is taking up most of my racing time atm and is super fun. It can also be found fairly cheap now.

WipeoutHD is coming in May (most likely). It's PSN only, but as long as you have internet access that would be my first recommendation. It's pretty much a pure adrenaline rush of speed (on higher difficulties) with a little weapon play and an awesome soundtrack.

[quote name='bstan21']
What about F1? It is a very overlooked PS3 game and it is pretty damn good. There might still be a demo of it on PS store. It has a good balance of sim and arcade, and you customize it to be more of your preference.[/quote]

F1 is also on clearance at many Targets for $25.

I'm definitely interested in Motorstorm, but it'll have to be cheap because of the lack of features in it. I'mm quite interested in Dirt too, I used to play the colin McCrae games, and they were really good.

I wish that they didn't change the formula in the NFS series to this Pro Street thing. I tried that out and hated it. I love the way the cars feel in most wanted (and even in Carbon, but they messed with the game too much there). This is one of those 'more of the same' being a good thing issues which Wombat talks about. I think many would disagree though, since it's an EA franchise.

Wipeout is probably your best bet.

F1 is very good, but it's more of a racer for people that like shaving seconds off lap times than those who are looking for intense action.

bread's done
Back