PS3 Railfan used $129.90 ($6.40 shipping) IN STOCK @ Play Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Ok, before you all go ape shit because im posting a deal for a used game that's $129.90, let me explain why i'm passing this along. I spent a good 2 years wanting this game due to the fact that one of the main tracks is in Chicago, where im from. I eventually got it from a once in a lifetime deal at gamestop (click the link in my sig for more info). But prior to that, ebay was the ONLY source. This is the first time i've seen Railfan in stock anywhere ever (and i have checked frequently). The game is a live action train simulator and it's a lot of fun. I know it's insanely expensive, but I also know it's insanely hard to track down. Cheapy also did a blog on Railfan, so you can check that out as well. It's a very good game, and its simply something that, in terms of gameplay, is completley unique. I am not posting this deal because it's a great price (although this game commonly sells for upwards of $160-$190). I'm just letting you all know that if you're interested, there is a place to buy it atm. There are times ebay doesnt even have this one. Anyway, dont flame me for the high price. Just passing it along for anybody interested.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-3h1n.html

Slightly less expensive ebay options: http://cgi.ebay.com/Railfan-Playsta...527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6806c20f and http://cgi.ebay.com/Railfan-PlaySta...372?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb640373c

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn!

I got this game when it first came out (I was living in Japan at the time) for a Chicago nostalgia-trip but I ended up trading it in a few years later for ~2500yen (~$20).
D'oh!

Watch the above video! Crazy that this game is going for so much. I remember seeing plenty of them for sale used for around $40 a few years ago.

Definitely don't spend that much on this game!

WTF this game is rare? I picked it up when Cheapy talked about it on the podcast. Interesting. Might have to check to see what used copies sell for

This game is absolutely amazing! You can speed up, stop, and even honk the horn! But I'm holding out for the DLC content where you can change rails. Whoohoo!

I don't know if you just posted this because you saw an opportunity to mention your sweet gamestop find, but this really doesn't seem to be the best deal. Yes I get that it's rare, but completed listings on ebay go for $90-115, $135 seems rather steep by that measure.

Choo Choo

zelda-spirit-tracks-train-3_0.jpg

[quote name='iamsmart']I don't know if you just posted this because you saw an opportunity to mention your sweet gamestop find, but this really doesn't seem to be the best deal. Yes I get that it's rare, but completed listings on ebay go for $90-115, $135 seems rather steep by that measure.[/QUOTE]

I agree

I've been trying to track this one down for the last 6 mo. since I got a PS3 because of remembering CheapyD fawn over it. I want to get it, and I appreciate someone finding it, but at the end of the day, I dont think I'll be able to pull the trigger. Thanks anyway.

[quote name='hostyl1']I've been trying to track this one down for the last 6 mo. since I got a PS3 because of remembering CheapyD fawn over it. I want to get it, and I appreciate someone finding it, but at the end of the day, I dont think I'll be able to pull the trigger. Thanks anyway.[/QUOTE]

I have a copy I might be selling. I live in the U.S so it would be an easier transaction. And cheaper. If you are interested shoot me a PM, I'll take pics of it and whatnot tonight if you want to see.

[quote name='iamsmart']I don't know if you just posted this because you saw an opportunity to mention your sweet gamestop find, but this really doesn't seem to be the best deal. Yes I get that it's rare, but completed listings on ebay go for $90-115, $135 seems rather steep by that measure.[/QUOTE]

...I think I wrote a paragraph explaining why I was posting it (and linked eBay auctiong as well) specifically to avoid jackass posts like this one...

[quote name='shadowknight203']If only this game had trophies.[/QUOTE]

Its coming at the same time the Metal Gear Solid 4 trophy patch is. "Soon"

[quote name='Drclaw411']...I think I wrote a paragraph explaining why I was posting it (and linked eBay auctiong as well) specifically to avoid jackass posts like this one...[/QUOTE]

I don't think I much care for your tone sir

I could swear that you never had those ebay links in there, unfortunately since I have no clue how caching works I can't against argue that, but I will say this: what's the point in posting the deal if you know there's a better one out there? Who does this appeal to, people who want the game but would rather pay a premium so they don't have to buy it through ebay? That seems like a rather tenuous reason to post a deal...

If you do not like this post, move on or create your own. I am not interested in this game but am not willing to flame someone for trying where there is an obvious interest in this product. Get over it. Move on. No one cares.

[quote name='Demise_Angel']If you do not like this post, move on or create your own. I am not interested in this game but am not willing to flame someone for trying where there is an obvious interest in this product. Get over it. Move on. No one cares.[/QUOTE]

I think you care! If you didn't like my post you should've just moved on, right? I think you are correct to an extent though... I shared my thoughts on this not being a deal, he called me a jackass and since we've both made our peace it's time to move on.

[quote name='hostyl1']I've been trying to track this one down for the last 6 mo. since I got a PS3 because of remembering CheapyD fawn over it. I want to get it, and I appreciate someone finding it, but at the end of the day, I dont think I'll be able to pull the trigger. Thanks anyway.[/QUOTE]
You're very welcome. This is why I posted this.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']lol @ calling him the jackass.[/QUOTE]
I didn't call him a jackass. I said it was a jackass post. May I ask why you are inferring that I am a jackass?

[quote name='iamsmart']I don't think I much care for your tone sir

I could swear that you never had those ebay links in there, unfortunately since I have no clue how caching works I can't against argue that, but I will say this: what's the point in posting the deal if you know there's a better one out there? Who does this appeal to, people who want the game but would rather pay a premium so they don't have to buy it through ebay? That seems like a rather tenuous reason to post a deal...[/QUOTE]
You flame my thread, and now accuse me of lying (umm....wtf. Ebay deals were always in the post. So you flamed the thread without even actually reading it completley?), and you don't like MY tone? I posted this because I knew there is interest here at CAG for the game. I know that it commonly sells for (much) more than PlayAsia is charging. I looked it up on ebay, and included them in the thread, specifically to avoid flames of "ITS CHEAPER ON EBAY!". Why didnt i just post the ebay deals (or nothing at all) then? Because (1) this game is hard to find and I know it has a lot of interest here. (2) Yes, some people prefer some stores to others. Perhaps somebody was looking for this but doesnt like online auctions or have an ebay account? Or maybe they have PlayAsia credit? Dang...for all the people on this website who essentially say "Amazon or nothing!", you'd think it wouldnt be to far fetched to think somebody would prefer one site to another.

[quote name='Demise_Angel']If you do not like this post, move on or create your own. I am not interested in this game but am not willing to flame someone for trying where there is an obvious interest in this product. Get over it. Move on. No one cares.[/QUOTE]
Thank you

[quote name='iamsmart']I think you care! If you didn't like my post you should've just moved on, right? I think you are correct to an extent though... I shared my thoughts on this not being a deal, he called me a jackass and since we've both made our peace it's time to move on.[/QUOTE]
I never called you a jackass. I'm sure youre a very smart person. But your post was not.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I never understood why people get so personally offended when someone doesn't like the deal that they posted.[/QUOTE]

theres no reason to post if you dont like the deal. locking the thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back