PS3 Release Date Comfirmed

fuzz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
it will launch on or around November 11th and most outlets will start taking pre-orders come april.

This is not set in stone yet and no, I did not just pull it out of my ass either.... so do with it what you will :D

Nov. 11th is a Saturday. Games, Systems and DVD's usually come out on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Thanks for playing, try again!

[quote name='Scorch']Nov. 11th is a Saturday. Games, Systems and DVD's usually come out on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Thanks for playing, try again![/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but I thought PS3 would be released the same day in USA and Japan. And most big releases in Japan are on the weekends to keep down the ammount of days people miss work and school to play it. So a Saturday sounds plausible to me.

Also 11-11 is an easy day to remember. All in the marketing. So I wouldnt dissmiss this with your ever so witty comments just yet.

[quote name='Scorch']Nov. 11th is a Saturday. Games, Systems and DVD's usually come out on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Mmm, nope. Hardware usually launches on Sundays, software on Tuesdays. Still doesn't support the OP's point, but jsut want us to be accurate. ;)

Actually, historically, game consoles come out on every day of the week but Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Let's look back:
Xbox 360: Sunday
PSP: Thursday
DS: Sunday
GC: Sunday
Xbox: Thursday
GBA: Monday
PS2: Thursday
DC: Thursday
N64: Sunday
PS1: Saturday

Thanks for playing asshole, try again!

[quote name='alongx']Actually, historically, game consoles come out on every day of the week but Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Let's look back:
Xbox 360: Sunday
PSP: Thursday
DS: Sunday
GC: Sunday
Xbox: Thursday
GBA: Monday
PS2: Thursday
DC: Thursday
N64: Sunday
PS1: Saturday

Thanks for playing asshole, try again![/QUOTE]

Asshole? What's with the pointless flame? I was wrong about the system release dates, and I apologize.

Oh, and the 360 came out on Nov. 22nd. That's a Tuesday.

Gamecube was 9/14/2001 - a Friday.

PS2 was 9/24/00 - a Friday.

PS1 was 9/29/95 - a Friday. Just to update your information. (And these dates are according to Wikipedia, so.. who knows)

So even if most consoles don't come out on Tuesdays, Sony has a habit of releasing things on Thursday and Friday.

I'm sure you didn't pull this out of your ass, OP, but your sister's boyfriend's cousin's brother who is a manager at EB sure did.

[quote name='daroga']Mmm, nope. Hardware usually launches on Sundays, software on Tuesdays. Still doesn't support the OP's point, but jsut want us to be accurate. ;)[/QUOTE]
Weird. I picked up my launch PS2 on a Thursday and I was in school (usually Tuesday) that the DC, GC, Xbox, and Xbox 360 launched.

[quote name='Scorch']Asshole? What's with the pointless flame? I was wrong about the system release dates, and I apologize.

Oh, and the 360 came out on Nov. 22nd. That's a Tuesday.

Gamecube was 9/14/2001 - a Friday.

PS2 was 9/24/00 - a Friday.

PS1 was 9/29/95 - a Friday. Just to update your information. (And these dates are according to Wikipedia, so.. who knows)

So even if most consoles don't come out on Tuesdays, Sony has a habit of releasing things on Thursday and Friday.[/QUOTE]
Where could you get a PS2 a month early? :whistle2:s It came out 10/26/2000, a Thursday. PlayStation came out on September 9, 1995 (saturday), as Wikipedia says (you quoted the EU date). GC came out November 18, 2001 (sunday) in the US. Most consoles do come out on the weekday here, but there's not a guide to what exact day that they come out.

You got the 360 date correct since that was the most recent, but you pulled the European or Japanese dates from Wiki for the PS1 and GC instead of US (what I assume we're talking about), and I have no idea where you got that PS2 date (made up?).

[quote name='Scorch']Asshole? What's with the pointless flame? I was wrong about the system release dates, and I apologize.[/QUOTE]

When you're so quick to jump down someone's throat, you have to expect to get it thrown back in your face once or twice.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You got the 360 date correct since that was the most recent, but you pulled the European or Japanese dates from Wiki for the PS1 and GC instead of US (what I assume we're talking about), and I have no idea where you got that PS2 date (made up?).[/QUOTE]

Shut the fuck up, roadkill. Just kidding. I googled it. Damn you google! *shakes fist* Either that, or I read some other date and just fucked the numbers up. I probably took the European release date and accidentally put 9. Who knows. Anyway, glad we got the correct dates now.

bread's done
Back