PS3 repair parts?

Rahxephon91

CAGiversary!
I'm really unsure of where to ask this, so I think this forum may be the best.

So my 80gig PS3 had the YLOD. I took it a part and fixed it. It happen again. I did the same thing and well I guess this time I pulled the ribbon that connects the Power on/Disc eject part to the mother board. Needless to say the PS3 does not turn on now. I went to a repair shop, they then told me the couldnt fix it because theres no power. There is power, when you take out the ribbon that connects the Blu ray drive I guess that triggers the PS3 and it turns on and seems to work normally.

Now maybe I should just buy another PS3, but I don't really want to. I really just want to satisfy my curiosity and replace the ribbon and see if that does it.

Now obviously, your local Wal-Mart dosen't sell this type of stuff and google just gives me a bunch of Hong Kong webstores. I really don't know where to look. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Hell if you think I should just give up, tell me? Surly there are some cagers who have had to repair their PS3 instead of buying one? Any pointers? Any ideas of whats wrong?

Thanks amigos.

bread's done
Back