(PS3) Resonance of Fate $16.99 on Amazon.com

This game definitely isn't for the faint of heart. The battle system takes time to master (and even then the game is challenging), and while story's concept was actually really good, it was horribly executed and the ending left me scratching my head. However the game redeems itself with its challenging but highly addictive battle system and witty dialogue and great voice acting (Nolan North!).
Would definitely recommend it if you have the patience, because it truly is a good game.

Grinding the platinum will also take patience. Great concept though, and I wish it would get a sequel to refine the elements of this game.

I need to give this game a second chance bought it preowned a year ago and played about 30 minutes and never touched it again >< lol.

The games dificulty put me off since I took a month or so break about 4 or 5 chapters in and forgot a lot of the battle system and became virtually unplayable. Would love to give this a second shot but I don't see anywhere in the near future ill be able to play through this all at once (the game seems to be pretty long too).

This game is amazing...It is one of the harder games to grasp in terms of its battle system, but once you do you get this giant "AH HA!" moment and everything just clicks and the game becomes a blast. I couldn't put it down, so much so I got the platinum, took me 134 hours or so, but I loved the game.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']This game is amazing...It is one of the harder games to grasp in terms of its battle system, but once you do you get this giant "AH HA!" moment and everything just clicks and the game becomes a blast. I couldn't put it down, so much so I got the platinum, took me 134 hours or so, but I loved the game.[/QUOTE]

the game has a bunch of tutorials, so don't let it scare you away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvGrBeuNL1c

Yup, I borrowed my friends 360 and played this as well, I loved it but for some reason I can never seem to play for more than 3 chapters at a time. Every time you come back to the game you have to do the battle tutorial all over again, IMO it's not hard to grasp, just easy to forget. Very unique game and challenging battles, definitely worth it even at $20.

It is a very interesting game, with some extremely unique ideas. I feel that the final product falls flat, but it should certainly be tried out. Experiments like this don't always go 100% right, but this one is definitely still worth checking out.

I do enjoy this title. However it's a pretty hardcore undertaking of a game if you hate high difficultly titles especially if you don't have the patience. Once you learn to master the mechanics it's a lot more enjoyable and rewarding. The tutorials are a must and practice, practice, practice in the arena :)

I've been plugging away at this game for a few years... not even near the end. The battle system is very unique and has had me rage quit a few times. But I always go back cause that battle system can be real fun and rewarding at the same time.

I also really like the gun customization and even playing with their outfits can release some stress...

Just get ready to R-A-G-E!!!!

bought this game from ebay in january for $10, guess i got lucky then. anyways, i had trouble with the game in the beginnin to, but then i went through the tutorial 2 times (once took half an hour). now im doin awesome in the game and takin down some (extremely) tough bosses in just a few moves (guess i get lucky). f**k, the bosses are hard but so satisfying.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Interesting system but one of the most lifeless and generic games I've played this gen. Approach with caution.[/QUOTE]

... your kidding right? Your saying THIS game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqqpj8uZyWk

is liefeless and generic? Wtf? Ya.. go play the next generic COD release and call that innovative and full of life if you want. This game was friggin off the wall nuts and generic is the absolute last thing i would call it

[quote name='Nightclam']I've been plugging away at this game for a few years... not even near the end. The battle system is very unique and has had me rage quit a few times. But I always go back cause that battle system can be real fun and rewarding at the same time.

I also really like the gun customization and even playing with their outfits can release some stress...

Just get ready to R-A-G-E!!!![/QUOTE]

this plus the game loves to toss over leveled fights at you. oh you are level 35 here is some level 80 monster HAVE FUN!!!! and due to the crap save system you can get stuck half way through a chapter run into one of these mega bosses and be stuck and have to restart the entire chapter.

hell even level 20 guys can kick your butt because there will be a ton of them and theyll drain your shield into nothing and then your health is easy to drain after that and all it takes is for 10 guys to gang bang one of your three(and trust me they will do that) and you are toast and if you lose your crystals you are dead.

the wonky battle system is this games biggest fault(which makes it a BIG fault)

i got to chapter 9 i think and said screw it.

if you get this just prepare to rage so have some patience.

[quote name='kayne2000']this plus the game loves to toss over leveled fights at you. oh you are level 35 here is some level 80 monster HAVE FUN!!!! and due to the crap save system you can get stuck half way through a chapter run into one of these mega bosses and be stuck and have to restart the entire chapter.

hell even level 20 guys can kick your butt because there will be a ton of them and theyll drain your shield into nothing and then your health is easy to drain after that and all it takes is for 10 guys to gang bang one of your three(and trust me they will do that) and you are toast and if you lose your crystals you are dead.

the wonky battle system is this games biggest fault(which makes it a BIG fault)

i got to chapter 9 i think and said screw it.

if you get this just prepare to rage so have some patience.[/QUOTE]

I tried playing this game but couldn't really get into it, the beginning is very vague and it makes getting into the characters difficult. I tried giving this game a chance three times and just gave up it's not for me.

The combat system has a huge learning curve right from the beginning and the tutorials are poorly done. I had to look everything up on Youtube, the tutorials there are 1000X better than what's offered in game.

good price I wanted to play it again. I 100 % completed it on X360, but I don't own it anymore.

Only advice I can give is to go to the arena and level up the machinegun to lv100. Have one character at MG lv100 do the scratch damage. As to how to get to lv100 quickly.....I don't recall since I played it back in 2010

The criticisms of the game are well -founded, but I for one felt it was one of the more fun games that I played this gen.

Admittedly, every time I took a long break from it, I had to go back and redo the tutorials.

The story's disjointed and the battle system's complex..but the dialogue's *hilarious* (one game you really should play as a dub). Plus, Christmas level.

Would order it, but comes out to 22$ after shipping. I'll just grab a copy when I renew my Gamestop PUR and get the B2G1 coupon

I always heard the dub was hilarious

Such an amazing game. So ridiculous (gun-crafting and the humor), yet nice and challenging. I really wish this got a sequel. It is so rewarding when you get to later levels and get those perfect combo runs and just turn high level bosses to swiss cheese...

Yes this one is very unique in terms of the customizing that you can do. Glad to hear some people enjoyed it!

Great game. But yes the battle system takes a ton of time to learn and if you take a long "break" on this game and pick it back up... You're most likely screwed.

I still think this is the best original RPG this generation.

It's too bad we'll never get a sequel that will improve on the gameplay mechanics

[quote name='panzerfaust']Interesting system but one of the most lifeless and generic games I've played this gen. Approach with caution.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That's a damning recommendation (or not) if I ever saw one. The characters are interesting and more memorable than most games I've played in a long while. The spire isn't the most lively place around and the enemies could be more varied, the story and characterization is enough to get you through the game.

For the record, its the only game I took the time to platinum, since I usually don't waste time doing those things. I enjoyed it that much, and the battle system while hard to get into, is so deep and refreshing that it made the game fun to play and never over stayed its welcome.

I wished more games (JRPG's especially) took the attempt to do something different like this, I'd play this over and over again and would probably enjoy it more than the time I spent with FF13 and 13-2.

A hearty recommendation for those looking for something new and willing to take the time to master the battle system to fully enjoy this great game, it's not perfect, but a fun ride while it lasts.

[quote name='malethief']I do enjoy this title. However it's a pretty hardcore undertaking of a game if you hate high difficultly titles especially if you don't have the patience. Once you learn to master the mechanics it's a lot more enjoyable and rewarding. The tutorials are a must and practice, practice, practice in the arena :)[/QUOTE]

You summed it up very nicely and more succinctly than I attempted to do.

And if you want to master it and get a plat, you will be in the battle arena grinding, it's the main problem with the game, however you will learn the battle system inside and out by the time you are done, I will say that for all of that practice. (and it's required for getting some of the golden weapons and mods too)

The tutorial made it look a lot more complicated than it really is.

Basically,

run, jump, shoot

*switch guns*

run, jump, shoot

It's hilarious, the whole game is funny and doesn't really take things seriously until the end. 17 is a great price for it. I paid 30 for it and sunk well over 100 hours into it...my save file was erased and now I have to start over but by god I will get that platinum.

[quote name='headbanger1186']It's hilarious, the whole game is funny and doesn't really take things seriously until the end. 17 is a great price for it. I paid 30 for it and sunk well over 100 hours into it...my save file was erased and now I have to start over but by god I will get that platinum.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap, a fellow Nothingface enthusiast! Don't run across those too often. \\m//

On topic, I'm gonna check a Gamestop or two for a pristine 360 copy while I'm out picking up my Pandora's Tower today. Put this birthday coupon to use.

EDIT: Found one at my first stop for my preorder. Disc is perfect. $14.49 for 360 version after Bday coupon. Thanks for reminding me about this game OP! Had it on my radar ages ago then just forgot about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Oh snap, a fellow Nothingface enthusiast! Don't run across those too often. \\m//

On topic, I'm gonna check a Gamestop or two for a pristine 360 copy while I'm out picking up my Pandora's Tower today. Put this birthday coupon to use.

EDIT: Found one at my first stop for my preorder. Disc is perfect. $14.49 for 360 version after Bday coupon. Thanks for reminding me about this game OP! Had it on my radar ages ago then just forgot about it.[/QUOTE]

Most definitely I miss the era of Nu Metal. It's a shame they split and never got it running again. My favorite album was Violence by far but I loved all of their stuff. Also love me some system of a down. Also nice find on the game! You got yourself a ton of playtime ahead of you... I need to start the game back up again.

[quote name='headbanger1186']Most definitely I miss the era of Nu Metal. It's a shame they split and never got it running again. My favorite album was Violence by far but I loved all of their stuff. Also love me some system of a down. Also nice find on the game! You got yourself a ton of playtime ahead of you... I need to start the game back up again.[/QUOTE]

Its Everyday Atrocity for me man, but as you said love it all. Ever see them live? Saw them twice in Towson MD, last good show I've been to.

Yeah I'm looking forward to it! Not going to jump in just yet though, gonna knock out a few other titles before I commit to this one.

Everybody that complains of no innovation on JRPGs should get this game. This game is one of the best if not the best JRPG (gameplay-wise at least) of this generation. Such a creative gameplay and fun characters to go with it.

Can't forget the costume customization which doesn't affect your stats and just for looks and the amazing gun crafting.

I need to replay this game again.

[quote name='headbanger1186']I miss the era of Nu Metal. [/QUOTE]

Sadder words have never been spoken. In fact, I think there are literally metal heads that spontaneously combust whenever that most vile phrase is uttered. I could always get you another Nü Metal band together? My little sister has hands, so she could easily handle any guitar duties. I also have a dog, so I could tape drumsticks to the paws and we'd be all set there. Now as long as we can get an angsty, yet wanna-be tough guy on vocals, we'll be all set. I'll PM you when the band's put together, cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarKaoZ']Everybody that complains of no innovation on JRPGs should get this game. This game is one of the best if not the best JRPG (gameplay-wise at least) of this generation. Such a creative gameplay and fun characters to go with it.

Can't forget the costume customization which doesn't affect your stats and just for looks and the amazing gun crafting.

I need to replay this game again.[/QUOTE]

its not so much this isnt innovated(i guess it is it is different enough) it is just so damn rage inducing at points.

[quote name='uncle5555']Wow. That's a damning recommendation (or not) if I ever saw one. The characters are interesting and more memorable than most games I've played in a long while. The spire isn't the most lively place around and the enemies could be more varied, the story and characterization is enough to get you through the game.
[/QUOTE]

Those hex dungeons were design nightmares to me. The cutscenes were cute little gems but overall I thought the game dragged pretty badly.

For people that care more about the story than gameplay like me, this game is probably not for you. After about 10 hours into the game, I agree that the gameplay is quite fun and innovative, but there is barely any story to drive the game forward. Maybe I'm just not getting the story, but I felt like the dialogues are all over the place.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']What the heck did I just watch? I'm not sure if that was creepy or hilarious...[/QUOTE]

i lean twords hilarious, lol. My point was the guy who said that this game was ' lifeless and generic' was talking out of his ass. Those are like the last words i would use to describe this game

bread's done
Back