PS3 rock band for $16.96 at CC

I can't remember the last time I've seen Rock Band 1 in any store for PS3/360, but that is a really good deal, just wish it was for the 360.

But for any PS3 owner considering this, scroll down to the package deal. $46.95 for the game and drums, on top of the free shipping for over $25. Can't beat that I don't think.

Hey don't forget amazon has the PlayStation 3 Frontman Wireless Guitars today for $9.98. I just ordered one of each. Has anybody tried that guitar? Perfect cheap combo to play rb on my ps3.

[quote name='Pojo']Yeah, how is that Guitar?

Also, can you play RB with the GH guitar?[/QUOTE]

there's a RB patch out that allows you to use the GH guitar

Wow thats a good deal, considering I got a GH guitar (and from what crewj said) this would be good for me. Ty megma42 I will looking forward to this.

I was gonna go ahead and buy all the instruments separately now that I found this deal...trying to get RB for under $100...but I can't find the microphone except for $30 logitech mics on amazon...are they really that expensive?

[quote name='JawnMan']I was gonna go ahead and buy all the instruments separately now that I found this deal...trying to get RB for under $100...but I can't find the microphone except for $30 logitech mics on amazon...are they really that expensive?[/QUOTE]

Go find one for $9.99 used at Gamestop, or pick up any game that has a USB microphone. I bought a Karaoke Revolution mic for PS2/360 Rock Band usage.

[quote name='C00K']Would a singstar Mic work? The end plug is usb.[/quote]

Any USB mic is supposed to be compatible.

I'm sad that I woke up too late for this deal. My friend really wanted it but out of stock. Also the CC near me don't carry the $30 RB drums according to their website.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']If only that were the 360 version... :cry:[/quote]

yep.. waiting for one as well.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the heads up on this deal. I was able to price match the game, and the 30 dollar drums at Best Buy. Combined with 2 of the Nyko frontman guitars from Amazon, I've got a full Rockband set for about 70 bucks.

Also just a heads up for anybody who might not know, the Guitar Hero 3 Les Paul IS finally supported for Rockband, after the latest update.

I was fortuante enough that a Circuit City about 20 miles away from me had the game, and the drums in stock according to their website. So I called them to verify, and was about to make the drive, when I realized I could just go to the Best Buy 2 miles away and ask for the pricematch. They called to confirm Circuit City's price, and that was that. None of the other Circuit City stores in my area had it in stock. I was glad they price matched the store, because there are like 4 circuit city's closer than this one.

[quote name='RLaidEPeas']I was fortuante enough that a Circuit City about 20 miles away from me had the game, and the drums in stock according to their website. So I called them to verify, and was about to make the drive, when I realized I could just go to the Best Buy 2 miles away and ask for the pricematch. They called to confirm Circuit City's price, and that was that. None of the other Circuit City stores in my area had it in stock. I was glad they price matched the store, because there are like 4 circuit city's closer than this one.[/quote]

Thanks!! I just printed the Rock Band page on CC and their One Price Promise, which means its not an Online Only Deal, also, I will bring the Phone numbers to the stores that have them in stock.....One more question, I can't seem to find a "Find in Store" Button, can you tell me how you found out they had it in stock??? Thanks in Advance!

Curse you people! Now I have Rock Band and the drums, and no guitar. Could one of you delicately discuss this acquisition with my wife?

[quote name='JediJonL']Thanks OP. Just picked it up at my local CC. They still had it marked $59.99. ;)[/QUOTE]

Same with my one of local CC stores. Thankfully they hadn't gotten to the most recent drops yet since this one is usually up to date with a clearance area and properly tagged stuff.

Not right now, maybe on Thursday - Saturday like they usually have it? If so I am taking my receipt in to get it price adjusted. I just wish they would go to a higher % off or drop prices on older clearance games. I price checked one of those Gamecube value UPC games, still $8.96.

Found one earlier this evening at my CC on Elston Ave in Chicago. They had two of them hidden behind the RB2 track pack discs. Sticker was 59.99 but it rang up at 16.96. The cashier was surprised and said she was going to buy the other one even though she doesn't have a PS3.

[quote name='PeteyPie75']Hey don't forget amazon has the PlayStation 3 Frontman Wireless Guitars today for $9.98. I just ordered one of each. Has anybody tried that guitar? Perfect cheap combo to play rb on my ps3.[/quote]

I have one and I like it better than the Rock Band one, particularly because I don't like the flat, clickless strum bar on the RB one. I've never tried a Guitar Hero one tho so I can't compare it to that one. I paid a higher price on Amazon about a month ago ($27) and it was definitely worth it for even that price. FWIW I can confirm that it works with Guitar Hero Aerosmith.

bread's done
Back