PS3 Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes $19.99 at Capcom Store US

Thanks OP!

I got this as a gift the other day. My best friend gave me the gift receipt for it too. So I guess it will go back to GS and I will order one off of here. :D

Actually mark me down for 2 of them. Perhaps he will want it too. :)

THANKYOUTEN promo code put it at like $42.08 shipped for 2 copies for me :D

Submit the price to amazon so they can match! I would love to pick this up for 20 out the door. Does anyone know if the game is going out of print? Amazon doesn't sell it anymore, just other sellers. Thanks. =)

[quote name='darkitachi']Submit the price to amazon so they can match! I would love to pick this up for 20 out the door. Does anyone know if the game is going out of print? Amazon doesn't sell it anymore, just other sellers. Thanks. =)[/QUOTE]

If Amazon PMs this, that would be sweet. How much is the shipping anyway when I order thru Capcom?

EDIT: Wait Amazon doesn't even have it on stock. Is there anywhere else we can PM this?

If you enjoy the dynasty warriors games, then you will like this game as well. It is repetitive, but fun. Thanks to the OP, I really wanted to pick up this game for PS3. I played a friend's copy for the Wii, but I prefer having the upscaled graphics.

I like the Dynasty Warriors games well enough, but I enjoyed this SOOOO much better. Not that different from DW for me to have any reason to get so much additional enjoyment, but I did.

If you like DW-type games, this is a no-brainer purchase in my book.

[quote name='darkitachi']This game has been under my radar for a while... do you guys think it's worth it? Suggestions anyone?[/QUOTE]

I hate Dynasty Warrior games, but I loved this. It was the crazy, whacky anime dudes and the super, over-the-top everything that sealed the deal for me.

It's very similar to Dynasty Warriors but with better combat and a smaller, but more diverse roster. In Samurai Heroes, no character really fights like another which adds to to the replay value IMO.

I live in the suburban detroit area and this game is actually pretty hard to find. I have 7-8 GS stores within 15 minutes going in any direction and only one had this. I had to pay $40 for it brand new and it's worth every cent so at $19.99 it's a friggin steal.

Come on universal price drop! Although, I don't know anyone/local stores who carries this, maybe just Gamestop. I already have Dynasty Warriors Gundam, so this would be a nice addition along with Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage.

I never played a dynasty warriors game but I been always meaning to try one. For $25 shipped I can't really go wrong. Thanks OP, I might pick one up after I get home from work.

In for one. Was $24 and change after tax, shipping, and the promo code mentioned earlier. Still, I can't find it locally and I think that's the best price I'll find it at anytime soon.

thx OP, good price, thou now it states backordered but still able to place a order.. hope it works out

I actually enjoyed the demo but I know that if I would have played the game for longer, I would've gotten bored of it fast. I'd pick it up for ~$10 but no more...

[quote name='chbong']Reviews of this game was terrible.[/QUOTE]

Fans of Dynasty Warriors types of games know better than to give a shit about reviews.

Anyone try Devil Kings (the first game of the series on the PS2, the PS3 game is the 3rd)? I've been tempted by it, since it's cheap on Amazon, but sometimes it's hard to go back...

Thanks for the heads up OP. I went ahead and picked up a copy since I was planning on ordering MVC3 anyway. I ended up getting free shipping since I combined the two games so I cannot complain.

I did some looking around and it looks like the Wii version of Sengoku has dropped at Gamestop to $19.99. I wonder if Capcom accidentally discounted the PS3 version. Maybe that or the other vendors are slow to implement the price drop. :)

[quote name='rant']
I did some looking around and it looks like the Wii version of Sengoku has dropped at Gamestop to $19.99. I wonder if Capcom accidentally discounted the PS3 version. Maybe that or the other vendors are slow to implement the price drop. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. Been meaning to get the Wii version for a while and hopefully the GS right up the road has it in stock. I'm literally going to head out the door right away to get it the moment I can confirm this possibility in a few minutes. ^_^

[quote name='fujishig']Anyone try Devil Kings (the first game of the series on the PS2, the PS3 game is the 3rd)? I've been tempted by it, since it's cheap on Amazon, but sometimes it's hard to go back...[/QUOTE]

Okay, Devil Kings is fun if you let it be. However, the game is significantly worse than Samurai Heroes. Even if you don't care about gameplay improvements, they butchered it for the American release with the localization.

I mean, I still had my fun with it, but after Samurai Heroes, I'm not looking back.

Bit on a copy. Although capcom needs a better site for it's store, lol.

Got my confirmation e-mail. Never played a dynasty warriors game so I am excited for this.

I literally picked this up brand new sealed for $40 at Gamestop on Monday. I had $25 GC to burn, fucking game hasn't dropped in price for 3 months and it dropped 4 days later.

In sheer fear that this game will go OOP and become scarce, I bit even with the somewhat steep shipping price and the fact that it's backordered.

I'm glad a lot of you are finally getting this. I picked this up on Amazon a few months ago during there b2g1 promos.

Bought this for the same reasons as stated above. I've yet to spot a copy of this in any store around here.

[quote name='KeeperX']In for one. Was $24 and change after tax, shipping, and the promo code mentioned earlier. Still, I can't find it locally and I think that's the best price I'll find it at anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

$26 after tax if you live in California.

Ordered - I've noticed it getting scarce around here as well (according to GS's tracker there are 2 copies in town, one new for $40 & one used for $35) so I don't see it getting cheaper than this anytime soon.

in for one! I have been playing this game off of gamefly for a bit. Absolutely worth it. The entire game is designed for multiple play-throughs. Of course a great Co-op too.

in for 1 :D Thanks, OP :grouphug:

[quote name='fujishig']Anyone try Devil Kings (the first game of the series on the PS2, the PS3 game is the 3rd)? I've been tempted by it, since it's cheap on Amazon, but sometimes it's hard to go back...[/QUOTE]

played it (waaaaaaay back, when it released. I still have it even, LOL) and loooooved it. But, then I've always been a DW/SW fan, so there you go. My only complaint would be the lack of co-op, which is why I love playing DW/SW games. It's still super-fun though. :D

I think this game will definitely be OOP soon. Simply because it's been out of stock at amazon for the longest time. I checked to see if it would be available almost every week in December but never saw it go back in stock. And I just mean the PS3 version since the Wii one was pretty easy to find.

Luckily my sis found a copy at our local Frys and got it for me for my b-day =)

But for $20 I say go for it. Eventually it might be really hard to find. $40 was worth it for me. The game is pretty fun and over the top!

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']Yeah anybody who ordered it so far when it was backordered have a shipping confirmation yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope, and I ordered 2. I think backordered copies are going to take some time . . . maybe they didn't expect the number ordered when they dropped the price. Best to just sit it out and wait.

It is now listed as Sold Out.

Still no shipment E-mail for me, I hope all of us that ordered it while it was listed as Backordered really get it.

[quote name='TheNamekianClown']It is now listed as Sold Out.

Still no shipment E-mail for me, I hope all of us that ordered it while it was listed as Backordered really get it.[/QUOTE]

I think we would. While nothing on my end about shipping either, in my account nothing was shown that capcom refunded my money yet so I still have hope. They probably got swamped with people buying it (probably people not expecting it) and they probably had to get more to fill the orders.

Not trying to bring this back from the dead but has anyone's order status changed since placing their order? It's been like 4 business days and still no updates for me.
And if your order has been updates did you place it when the item was listed as "backordered".

bread's done
Back