PS3 SF4 Complete Costume Pack $6.50 (50% off) 3/25-3/31

anathema728

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Starts now, 3/25 (probably at ps store update), ends 3/31.

Costumes will carry over to Super SF4
(out on april 27th?).
Includes all alternate costumes for sf4 cast.

mwuahaha you can rate your own thread? 6 stars!

Street Fighter IV Complete Costume Pack 50% off on PSN Tomorrow!

Now I know you guys all love your Street Fighter characters just as much as I do. And changing their “fits” freshens up the beat downs. Well for all of you that waited, you have no reason to wait anymore. From March 25th through March 31st, the Complete Costume pack is 50% off!

See El Fuerte turn the fire up in his chef costume, Balrog ready to beat down all challengers in his “Apollo Creed” get-up or Blanka flip the script in his safari inspired gear. Pit a Charlie inspired Guile against the Mike Haggar inspired Zangief! Best of all, these alternate looks are 50% off! That's the Complete Costume pack for $6.25!

And if you were wondering, the costume packs that you purchase for Street Fighter IV will carry over to Super Street Fighter IV.

Which costume will you main now?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mykevermin']Weren't all the costumes in the pack over $20 initially?

I'd spend $6.25 for a new pair of panties for Ryu.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps individually, but the full pack was $12.99, I believe.

[quote name='leesiulung']Idiotic bullshit from somebody who doesn't know what he's talking about.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SDC']Can we please not do this in this thread?[/QUOTE]

Not gonna happen, we'll be seeing it each and every SSFIV deal thread from now on.

so then this is a way to get people to buy a new game. forget that and capcom just re-releasing a game and adding a few content to make more $ and unless you intend on keeping this game and not buying the newer version then this deal would be okay but again, people would say capcom is screwing people again as they did with the re5 vs mode lol

what? this dlc carries over to the next game, you don't HAVE to buy it

best part was "adding a few content"

Didn't capcom had a surprise bonus or unlocked content for those who already owned SF4? so if it's not all the previous costumes DLC then what is?

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']something in my gut always told me not to redeem my CE code.. now i know why...

however, doesn't everyone remember that capcom promised a lil something special to those who owned SF4? I wonder what that may be?[/QUOTE]

Ono said they'd reveal this "soon". It better be good for all the secrecy! What if it was an exclusive download for 3rd Strike? Hell would break loose!

But the chances of that happening are about as good as having a Shenmue 3 or Marvel vs Capcom 3.

[quote name='intoxicated662']so then this is a way to get people to buy a new game. forget that and capcom just re-releasing a game and adding a few content to make more $ and unless you intend on keeping this game and not buying the newer version then this deal would be okay but again, people would say capcom is screwing people again as they did with the re5 vs mode lol[/QUOTE]

SSF4 is not a re-release with 'adding a few content'. If you don't like fighting games, or you don't like Street Fighter, that's fine. But... and I mean this with all due respect... you really don't know what you are talking about.

[quote name='intoxicated662']so then this is a way to get people to buy a new game. forget that and capcom just re-releasing a game and adding a few content to make more $ and unless you intend on keeping this game and not buying the newer version then this deal would be okay but again, people would say capcom is screwing people again as they did with the re5 vs mode lol[/QUOTE]

It's safe to say that if you aren't playing SF4 occasionally to this day, then you're better off not buying Super. And if you're still playing SF4 to this day, you'll welcome this costume pack, as it carries over to Super.

RE5 situation was that the unlock file was under 2mb, so people cried shenanigans. This was extra content, as opposed to SF4 which was just extra customization.

If only people who don't play SF4 to this day, could refrain from posting in SF4 threads. If only.

[quote name='crashinsane']Didn't capcom had a surprise bonus or unlocked content for those who already owned SF4?[/QUOTE]
not announced yet.

EDIT: i had a rant, eff it

Someone keep this updated with when this is available on amazon... i ended up getting my GOW skins through my email... so i think PSN is undergoing some form of updating as we speak

[quote name='distgfx']Not gonna happen, we'll be seeing it each and every SSFIV deal thread from now on.[/QUOTE]

I know. A man can dream, though. A man can dream.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']quote[/QUOTE]

7; world warrior, championship ed, hyper fighting, super, super turbo, anniversary, hdr.

And the people who cry about paying for a sequel, are not fighting game players. That's fine with me, less flowchart kens to play against when the game comes out.

edit; what i just quoted your rant =[ lolol, well i'll just leave this here

oh and if any of you are west coast sf4 players, add me on psn.

so I guess for those who don't buy the $15 cod mw2 stimulus map pack aren't diehard fans huh? LOL You people are foolish. It's cool that this carries on to the newer game which is a re-release with touches and added content. That is why it has Super in front of the game hence that. Also, you are right I do not play sfiv religiously every day of the week all the time on either console by choice so what? I've been playing them since the good ol' days and now i'm sure you have realized that gaming isn't the same with every little thing being charged for. I guess this "Super" version is more like a 'game of the year edition' but again, $40 is a good price for those who haven't purchased sfiv previously like myself so I might just get it now instead and am glad I waited. Sucks to be those "diehard" fans who purchased sfiv and now have to decide on whether or not they want to drop another $40 to play the Super version though..

[quote name='intoxicated662']Sucks to be those "diehard" fans who purchased sfiv and now have to decide on whether or not they want to drop another $40 to play the Super version though..[/QUOTE]

They've already decided to buy it, even before it was announced at a lower price of $40. What part of "diehard" don't you understand? You must be intoxicated.

I'm not sure how cod got brought into this but what's great is there are probably more changes between sf4 and ssf4 than there were between mw1 and mw2. schwing

going to wait for the complete set of ssf4 chars.
then maybe leech it on game-sharing.

Costume are just costume they don't enhance anything but the char's look. And frankly not all of the costumes are appealing.

If it's true that I can't buy the bundle for 50% off because I got the CE version of the game I am going to be a bit pissed if they don't also give the individual costumes for 50% off also. I usually don't care about costume DLC much but this is one game I do want them, but always thought they were overpriced.

[quote name='LurkerLito']If it's true that I can't buy the bundle for 50% off because I got the CE version of the game I am going to be a bit pissed if they don't also give the individual costumes for 50% off also. I usually don't care about costume DLC much but this is one game I do want them, but always thought they were overpriced.[/QUOTE]

Aggreed. I posted in the capcom forum to complain. Hopefully they do something for the people that gave them more money to begin with.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_...ck_not_available_since_I_have_Brawler_already

[quote name='SDC']Can we please not do this in this thread?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to derail the thread, I feel compelled when fans think their favorite company is treating them well when reality is they are there for the buck. I felt it unfair to Infinity Ward that the person I was responding to moan about MW1/2 yet praise SF IV when the latter is clearly much easier to accommodate previous game owners.

[quote name='62t']I actually prefer to have a physical copy instead of a download code. This is much better than RE5 Gold showing up as DLC[/QUOTE]

I can respect that and for new owners of SF IV that is a great value and it's nice to have it all on one disc. However, what I'm talking about are the early adopters (like me) and real fans, Capcom is doing nothing to support them. Give us an option to upgrade for $20. We already spent $60-80 on your game.

[quote name='saintavi']As someone who has been an avid part of the street fighter community and following this game since its announcement, I'd like to ask you to please shut up about something you clearly don't have a clue about.[/QUOTE]

You got a really good point there by dismissing people without telling me how you are so much more clued in than any Joe Blow on the internet. Thank you for your intelligent response!

[quote name='UjnHunter']I can haz Xbox 360 versions? :\[/QUOTE]

it was on sale for the 360 version a week before I think. you might have missed it.

Do not bother guys. i too understand that shaft coming deep and hard from Capcom in the video game industry.
But there is mixed people here in this thread.

The people who are buying ssf4 (never bought sf4) and look at it like an amazing deal (myself included) and the blind loyal fans who think this game is the second coming of christ.

The latter would idiotically defend this game to death. The other nice people are going to stir up and you are going to hurt the idiots and the nice people who want a deal.

Really, it is not going to work. the other thread was locked because of the same thing.
You cant make the blind be able to see.

I thought the 2nd alternate costumes are automatically unlocked in SSFIV even without buying it for SFIV? :???:

I also heard Capcom is doing something for the people who already bought SFIV. Any truth to that yet?

[quote name='glemtvapen']I also heard Capcom is doing something for the people who already bought SFIV. Any truth to that yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, we dunno what it is yet though.

[quote name='glemtvapen']I thought the 2nd alternate costumes are automatically unlocked in SSFIV even without buying it for SFIV? :???:

I also heard Capcom is doing something for the people who already bought SFIV. Any truth to that yet?[/QUOTE]

Alt costumes are not automatically unlocked.

Rumors are extra colors in Super SF4 (just 2). It has to do with the art style of SF4 (ink/brush) for the characters in Super (pencil/shading). Or just for the original cast. Also, rumors that you DON'T NEED the sf4 disc, just save data to unlock these goodies.

@Sway42: stop threadcrapping, plus, the categories of "people" you listed are on the same side (that super sf4 is a great deal and not some crappy rehash). The category you forgot to list are people who post their opinions on why people post their opinions.

@leesiulung: like I said, fighting games are love or hate. If you still don't play SF4 occasinally, super sf4 isn't for you. Fighting games are meant to be played with other people, offline, I'll guarantee you a better experience. And it's not how much more information we have, it's that the people who know what fighting games are about, appreciate new iterations to their games.

[quote name='anathema728']
@leesiulung: like I said, fighting games are love or hate. If you still don't play SF4 occasinally, super sf4 isn't for you. Fighting games are meant to be played with other people, offline, I'll guarantee you a better experience. And it's not how much more information we have, it's that the people who know what fighting games are about, appreciate new iterations to their games.[/QUOTE]

Not to continue threadcrapping here, but I have been playing SF since the early days when the second one, SF 2, was released. I bougth the first SF on the Commodore 64 (it was crap) and bought every iteration of SF released on the SNES. Bought almost every single one released on the Playstation 1 and even some on the original Xbox and PS2. I used to hang out at the arcade all the time spending almost every dime on this game.

Yet, I'm not sure what fighting games is about you are talking of? If you wouldn't mind clarifying, feel free to PM me to prevent further threadcrapping in here.

I have no issue with new games, I have an issue with not supporting your current owners whenever possible. This of course applies to almost any yearly release and not only Capcom. All I can do is vote with my wallet.

When you think about it even Super Street Fighter 4 lacks compared to past games. Past games had a stage for every fighter. Past games had animated intros for rivals (example: Saget's scar glows when he fights Ryu. Ex2: Vega will take off his mask and bow when he fights girls.) I'm tired of seeing Guile take off his sunglasses before every single match. I like the gameplay but hate everything else. This game lacks in presentation. Only thing this game has going for it is Online play and 3d graphics which some people don't even like.

When are people going to accept the fact that capcom totally revamped the game? it isn't possible as the DLC because there are 10 "NEW" characters added to the game, total readjustment of every single characters in the game, new ultra for EVERY characters in the game, new stages, new game op/ed for new characters, new game modes, new online modes, etc... It too much to be put into an update or DLC. Please do not make stupid comment if you know nothing about the game. And do not try to make "YOUR OPINION" a "FACT" that other must accept. This is a new game, and it isn't selling at full price is the way I see it. I'm getting it on day one. It isn't being a blind fan but with all the new features it is worth buying the game.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']When you think about it even Super Street Fighter 4 lacks compared to past games. Past games had a stage for every fighter. Past games had animated intros for rivals (example: Saget's scar glows when he fights Ryu. Ex2: Vega will take off his mask and bow when he fights girls.) I'm tired of seeing Guile take off his sunglasses before every single match. I like the gameplay but hate everything else. This game lacks in presentation. Only thing this game has going for it is Online play and 3d graphics which some people don't even like.[/QUOTE]

There was never a stage for EVERY characters after SF2. The number of characters became too many to actually give every character their own stage. And please show me which street fighter game has animated intros for rivals? And SF4 does have animation for rival fights, but it uses the game engine instead of anime. In SSF4 Sagat will get his scar to glow as a move. How is the game lacking presentation when it's about what all the old SF games have with more tweaks in it? And the game only render 3d but it still a 2d fighting game. You aren't allow to side step like tekken. If you don't like the game simply do not buy it, it isn't mandatory. You can go back to your dreamcast and play that 3S or w/e.

[quote name='luan87us']

There was never a stage for EVERY characters after SF2. The number of characters became too many to actually give every character their own stage. And please show me which street fighter game has animated intros for rivals? And SF4 does have animation for rival fights, but it uses the game engine instead of anime. In SSF4 Sagat will get his scar to glow as a move. How is the game lacking presentation when it's about what all the old SF games have with more tweaks in it? And the game only render 3d but it still a 2d fighting game. You aren't allow to side step like tekken. If you don't like the game simply do not buy it, it isn't mandatory. You can go back to your dreamcast and play that 3S or w/e.[/QUOTE]

Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter 3rd strike had a stage for every fighter. I know because I have both. Granted 3rd strike just recolored some stages but every fighter still had a stage. What I meant by intros is that when two rivals fight they'll do a little show which I always looked forword too. This is present in alpha 3, third strike, and CVS2. This game simply lacks presentation compared to past games. It's a fact.

I'm looking right now, and it's still 12.49 on the playstation store. Has the update not happened, or what?

And to the people who think Super is just Capcom looking for an easy buck, you really don't understand fighting games. I'm sorry if you feel like I'm just brushing off your opinion, but it's true. Super is like an expansion pack, and sports the reduced price of an expansion pack. All the balance tweaks, new online modes, new characters are extremely important changes for those of us that are into fighting games. All the other stuff they added (stages, music, new story, etc) is just icing on the cake. And, as luan87us said, everything that was added was not possible via DLC.

All in all, though, it's very simple. If you think it's a ripoff - don't buy it. For those of us that are very into fighting games, it's a great deal.

Enough of the flame wars people. Every thread that has anything to do with street fighter ends up like this!

Capcom sucks! Yes, they do, but you don't have to buy the game.

Now, I also didn't notice that those who have and claimed the CE/LE custom code are locked out of the 'complete package' sale.
I looked under one of my alternate accounts, and it shows up. That's pretty lame, though. I hope it gets fixed before the Sale starts.
Oh, and updates don't happen until very late...sometimes 10 p.m. EST, so be patient people.

I agree that this game is worth it. People who are pissed are either new to Street Fighter and didn't see this coming or just trolls. Just keep in mind that a third iratation is still possible. Whether that will be dlc or not is the question.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']I agree that this game is worth it. People who are pissed are either new to Street Fighter and didn't see this coming or just trolls. Just keep in mind that a third iratation is still possible. Whether that will be dlc or not is the question.[/QUOTE]

They've stated that they're taking a break with Street Fighter and so they have no plans as of now for another iteration. While that doesn't exclude the possibility, I don't think we'll see a Super Street Fighter 4 Turbo around a year after Super comes out like we're seeing now with Vanilla SF4 and Super. They've also said that DLC is possible in Super, but they have no plans for any as of now.

[quote name='jdubCO']I'm looking right now, and it's still 12.49 on the playstation store. Has the update not happened, or what?[/QUOTE]

PSN updates at around 1700 EST on Thursdays, still have around four hours.

All that can be said is that it was so obvious there would be a super. Just look back in history. The big clue was the exclusion of DJ and THAWK. They left them out on purpose. No doubt.

[quote name='CSKit']PSN updates at around 1700 EST on Thursdays, still have around four hours.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. Thanks.

[quote name='CSKit']PSN updates at around 1700 EST on Thursdays, still have around four hours.[/QUOTE]

I think those who frequent the ps3 store update thread will slightly disagree. We haven't gotten updates until well after 9 p.m. EST the last 3 weeks in a row.

What a way to find out my clock is broken, it should update within the next two hours.

[quote name='dragonjud']I think those who frequent the ps3 store update thread will slightly disagree. We haven't gotten updates until well after 9 p.m. EST the last 3 weeks in a row.[/QUOTE]

I've never had to wait until 2100 for an update, I usually don't check until 1900 though. Then again, I guess I don't frequent the PS3 store thread either, lol.

Doesn't PSN update at like 8pm or 10pm eastern... something relatively late like that?

I know this is covered a lot, but my memory is shot lol.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter 3rd strike had a stage for every fighter. I know because I have both. Granted 3rd strike just recolored some stages but every fighter still had a stage. What I meant by intros is that when two rivals fight they'll do a little show which I always looked forword too. This is present in alpha 3, third strike, and CVS2. This game simply lacks presentation compared to past games. It's a fact.[/QUOTE]

I have Alpha 3 and 3rd strike I don't see a single stage for every characters nor rival animation that I should look forward to. Unless you mean the little text they have before the fight. If so SF4 has an actual animation sequence for every rival fight, it might not be long but it's there. I don't see how SF4 fail to present the SF series at all. Alpha, 3rd strike were expansion series and they have turbo speed so it wouldn't be comparable, CvS2 is a versus series so it isn't a SF game. Therefore:

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']This game simply lacks presentation compared to past games. It's a fact.[/QUOTE]

That statement is FALSE.

[quote name='philmcfly']Doesn't PSN update at like 8pm or 10pm eastern... something relatively late like that?

I know this is covered a lot, but my memory is shot lol.[/QUOTE]

It seems to vary between 4PM Eastern all the way to 9 or 10 PM Eastern. I start checking at 5 and then come back every few hours.

[quote name='luan87us']I have Alpha 3 and 3rd strike I don't see a single stage for every characters nor rival animation that I should look forward to. Unless you mean the little text they have before the fight. If so SF4 has an actual animation sequence for every rival fight, it might not be long but it's there. I don't see how SF4 fail to present the SF series at all. Alpha, 3rd strike were expansion series and they have turbo speed so it wouldn't be comparable, CvS2 is a versus series so it isn't a SF game. Therefore:

That statement is FALSE.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what to tell you. I've seen a stage for every fighter at the stage select. I would have to presume your lying when you say you have the game. So what if CVS2 is part of versus. It's still made by capcom who btw didn't fell like they needed to update their sprites compared to the all new sprites of the snk series. When it come to the intro's all I can do offer is an example of what I mean. In Street Fighter Alpha 3 if you have Ryu and Ken fighting before the match begins you will see them rough housing. Ken has Ryu in a headlock which leads to Ryu throwing him off.

The point is...Street Fighter 4 fails presentation wise compared to past games. This is a fact.

[quote name='Adamu Kuezada']I don't know what to tell you. I've seen a stage for every fighter at the stage select. When it come to the intro's
The point is...Street Fighter 4 fails presentation wise compared to past games. This is a fact.[/QUOTE]

Ok, the amount of stages can be compared to be true or false. It is a positive statement.

Whether SF4 is better in presentation, is a normative statement (opinion). Comparing the different amount of intros is a positive statement. Meaning you can say SF4 has less intros than previous games as a fact. Whether SF4 has worse presentation than previous games is an opinion.

edited for proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_III#Background_stages
Q: no stage
alex/ken: same stage
yang/yun: same stage
necro/twelve: same stage

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anathema728']Ok, the amount of stages can be compared to be true or false. It is a positive statement.

Whether SF4 is better in presentation, is a normative statement (opinion). Comparing the different amount of intros is a positive statement. Meaning you can say SF4 has less intros than previous games as a fact. Whether SF4 has worse presentation than previous games is an opinion.

edited for proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_III#Background_stages
Q: no stage
alex/ken: same stage
yang/yun: same stage
necro/twelve: same stage[/QUOTE]
I admits it's not a fact lulz. Threw that in there to sound impactful. I forgot about q though...It should be noted that for everybody else they techniclly have thier own stage. Shared stages are recolored. Just shows that Capcom with time gets lazier and lazier with Street Fighter.

[quote name='Sway42']Do not bother guys. i too understand that shaft coming deep and hard from Capcom in the video game industry.
But there is mixed people here in this thread.

The people who are buying ssf4 (never bought sf4) and look at it like an amazing deal (myself included) and the blind loyal fans who think this game is the second coming of christ.

The latter would idiotically defend this game to death. The other nice people are going to stir up and you are going to hurt the idiots and the nice people who want a deal.

Really, it is not going to work. the other thread was locked because of the same thing.
You cant make the blind be able to see.[/QUOTE]

well said and after giving it thought, I will wait for this 'super' version of the game to drop down from $40 to a bit lower because as well know how capcom does business. also, don't forget that a week after the re5 dlc went on sale on the psn, it was put into a bundle with all the costumes and such for $12.50 a $2.50 difference that saves more if you intended on getting those extras in the end so that's another shaft.

[quote name='intoxicated662']well said and after giving it thought, I will wait for this 'super' version of the game to drop down from $40 to a bit lower because as well know how capcom does business. also, don't forget that a week after the re5 dlc went on sale on the psn, it was put into a bundle with all the costumes and such for $12.50 a $2.50 difference that saves more if you intended on getting those extras in the end so that's another shaft.[/QUOTE]

It's already at $40 new.

bread's done
Back