PS3 SF4 Complete Costume Pack $6.50 (50% off) 3/25-3/31

anathema728

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Starts now, 3/25 (probably at ps store update), ends 3/31.

Costumes will carry over to Super SF4
(out on april 27th?).
Includes all alternate costumes for sf4 cast.

mwuahaha you can rate your own thread? 6 stars!

Street Fighter IV Complete Costume Pack 50% off on PSN Tomorrow!

Now I know you guys all love your Street Fighter characters just as much as I do. And changing their “fits” freshens up the beat downs. Well for all of you that waited, you have no reason to wait anymore. From March 25th through March 31st, the Complete Costume pack is 50% off!

See El Fuerte turn the fire up in his chef costume, Balrog ready to beat down all challengers in his “Apollo Creed” get-up or Blanka flip the script in his safari inspired gear. Pit a Charlie inspired Guile against the Mike Haggar inspired Zangief! Best of all, these alternate looks are 50% off! That's the Complete Costume pack for $6.25!

And if you were wondering, the costume packs that you purchase for Street Fighter IV will carry over to Super Street Fighter IV.

Which costume will you main now?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anathema728']Alt costumes are not automatically unlocked.
[/QUOTE]

Wait what? Then what's the point of buying it now when I could just unlock it through SSFIV?

Originally Posted by anathema728
Alt costumes are not automatically unlocked

[quote name='glemtvapen']Wait what? Then what's the point of buying it now when I could just unlock it through SSFIV?[/QUOTE]
I think he meant the costume are not unlock-able.

Store updated, but I can't see the pack. I couldn't see it when it came out because I got the brawler pack from the CE, damn... I'm not getting the free costume pack by pre-ordering SSFIV because it might be the same...

Ugh, why not discount the individual packs as well? $1.50 for each sounds fair... >_>

[quote name='shadow24r']Store updated, but I can't see the pack. I couldn't see it when it came out because I got the brawler pack from the CE, damn... I'm not getting the free costume pack by pre-ordering SSFIV because it might be the same...

Ugh, why not discount the individual packs as well? $1.50 for each sounds fair... >_>[/QUOTE]

It's in Special Offer when you click New Releases. I just got it. $6.50 isn't much, I had $10 in my wallet I really wasn't going to use on anything anyway, and they will be carry over to SSF4 so =p. And the Super Classic Costume pack from pre-order from Amazon is different than this set.

[quote name='luan87us']It's in Special Offer when you click New Releases. I just got it. $6.50 isn't much, I had $10 in my wallet I really wasn't going to use on anything anyway, and they will be carry over to SSF4 so =p. And the Super Classic Costume pack from pre-order from Amazon is different than this set.[/QUOTE]

No, it won't show if you've already purchased the Brawler's pack for whatever reason (on the same PSN account).

I had to add funds to one of my alternate accounts, and that's the only way I could purchase it at this price. Anybody with this same problem will have to do this.

To people complaining: Merely create a second account and buy it on that. You'll be able to use it on your main account no problem.

does anyone know if this is the new permanent price? It's possible that this might all be bundled with the newer alternate costumes for SSFIV... if this is just a temp price though, I guess I'll just pick it up now

[quote name='glemtvapen']Wait what? Then what's the point of buying it now when I could just unlock it through SSFIV?[/QUOTE]

No no, your original quote was
"I thought the 2nd alternate costumes are automatically unlocked in SSFIV even without buying it for SFIV?"

I interpreted your question as buying Super gives you alt costumes for free. So I said no.

You're buying it now because it's on sale. Buy these alt costumes for sf4, and they will carry over to Super. The alternate costumes are instantly unlocked after buying. But the colors of each costume will have to be unlocked via challenge mode.

Super will only come with 1 set of costumes. There's the SF4 alt costumes, then there's the Super SF4 alt costumes. So, sf4 chars have a max of 3 costumes, Super chars with a max of 2 (i may be wrong).

And as I posted earlier, rumors are extra(2) colors 11 and 12 for owning SF4.

[quote name='psychoxfoo']does anyone know if this is the new permanent price? It's possible that this might all be bundled with the newer alternate costumes for SSFIV... if this is just a temp price though, I guess I'll just pick it up now[/QUOTE]

Capcom blog says sale ends 3/31.

[quote name='leesiulung']Really?

Considering Capcom releases SUPER SFIV barely a year after SFIV? Something they could have easily done with DLC for current owners. They are charging you a crap load for some costumes that they are gracious enough to let you play on the newer version!

At least with MW1 and MW2, they are different games with MW2 having new features that is not compatible with each other.

In SSF IV and SF IV, there is no reason why they whole thing couldn't be implemented as a DLC.

Capcom like many other companies are shitting all over their fans, then spoon feeding it to you. Unfortunately, this how most companies treat their customers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree with you. I knew to expect them to release another version of SF4 because they do that with every single version of the game. But for a console release you think they would have waited a lot longer. I feel especially sorry for fans who bought the collectors edition, what a pile of a crap. I wish collectors edition actually meant something.

[quote name='Naramie']But for a console release you think they would have waited a lot longer.[/QUOTE]

Depends on how you look at it. July '08 arcade release. Feb '09 console release(+6 new chars; 2 bosses playable). April '10 console sequel(+10 chars). People at arcades will have played sf4 for almost 2 years.

It's nice to know people habitually bring up the same reason to bitch.....again.

the people that are buying it don't care. really. shut up lol

[quote name='SDC']To people complaining: Merely create a second account and buy it on that. You'll be able to use it on your main account no problem.[/QUOTE]

Once you download it, it's good to go I take it since it's on the ps3 I hate having multiple accounts of anything.

[quote name='SDC']To people complaining: Merely create a second account and buy it on that. You'll be able to use it on your main account no problem.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kurrptsenate']It's nice to know people habitually bring up the same reason to bitch.....again.

the people that are buying it don't care. really. shut up lol[/QUOTE]

Surprised you two don't post in the Fighting Game Topic in the General Gaming forum, plenty of competition there for you two, no matter what system! Even GGPO. ^_^

[quote name='rainking187']I wonder if they'll do something for those of us that bought the CE. I redeemed the code for the first DLC pack, so now the bundle isn't available to me.[/QUOTE]

That is something I was wondering, but I'm highly positive that we will get nothing. That is why its always very questionable to buy an LE/CE version of a game.

I just got my SSF4 today, but I didn't see the any alternate costumes show up when I played. I had the bundle since SF4.

How do I get them to carry over? Maybe I missed a step.

do the individual packs transfer over? I have the alt costumes for ken, ryu, & a couple others for sf4 but they aren't available in ssf4, is it just the entire pack that transfers??

[quote name='dapunisure']do the individual packs transfer over? I have the alt costumes for ken, ryu, & a couple others for sf4 but they aren't available in ssf4, is it just the entire pack that transfers??[/QUOTE]

they certainly SHOULD transfer over. That's pretty lame. I say e-mail capcom about it.

For the bundle with all the costumes, I deleted the SF4 game data then downloaded the DLC again and it worked.

Maybe it works that way for individual packs as well.

[quote name='NovaKane']For the bundle with all the costumes, I deleted the SF4 game data then downloaded the DLC again and it worked.

Maybe it works that way for individual packs as well.[/QUOTE]

haha yeah i had forgotten i gave my ps3 fat to my parents and bought a slim. thanx for all the help though guys.

[quote name='dragonjud']No, it won't show if you've already purchased the Brawler's pack for whatever reason (on the same PSN account).

I had to add funds to one of my alternate accounts, and that's the only way I could purchase it at this price. Anybody with this same problem will have to do this.[/QUOTE]

I refuse to create a second account capcom needs to contact sony and fix this.

bread's done
Back