PS3 Slim 120GB for $269.99 shipped no tax using Bing!

yodagonemad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just found a pretty awesome PS3 Slim deal. Basically, you can get a PS3 slim from Buy.com on eBay and thus take advantage of tax free and 10% off.

To do it simply search Bing.com for Playstation and click the eBay link advertising cashback. From that link you should be taken to the eBay homepage and there should be a Cashback icon around the top middle of the page. Then go to item # 400070170420. Buy PS3 for $299 no tax or shipping. During the confirmation of buy it now you should see several Cashback references, and the final page should show $30 eligible cashback. Pay with Paypal. Receive $30 back. Profit.

This is likely to be the best Slim deal this holiday season, and is a good replacement for Newegg and Sears and others that have died.

UPDATE:
Cashback has already appeared for me, $30 bucks saved, so I can confirm this works with this item and method.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sasuke543']Has anyone found a retailer that doesn't have any California Tax because unfortunately I live in CA. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

All the good stuff is in California.. so probably not. :D

[quote name='yodagonemad']I don't know of anywhere that has no tax in CA, sadly that is where almost every online retailer is based and BM stores all have a presence there as well.

The Cashback come to your paypal account after the waiting period, or instant if you qualify for instant cashback.[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't charge tax for California residents

Nevermind got it going, although:

Item you're buying:
s.gif
NEW PlayStation 3 System (120GB) 98017
s.gif
s.gif
Buy It Now price: US $299.99
s.gif
s.gif
Sales Tax: 8.750% CA Sales Tax (applies to subtotal + S&H) Shipping and handling: Free -- Other (see description). Additional services available.
s.gif
Payment methods: PayPal

I live in California, so with the 30 ill be saving im hit with nearly 30 in sales tax :cry:

[quote name='bobright']I dont see ebay in the advertised stores for cashback?[/QUOTE]

You have to go to bing and type in Playstation.....there is a link to ebay and then all you do is find the buy.com auction with the auction number the op typed into his original post. Very easy....

My $30.00 is in my pending section as of yesterday. :)

[quote name='bobright']Nevermind got it going, although:

Item you're buying:
s.gif
NEW PlayStation 3 System (120GB) 98017
s.gif
s.gif
Buy It Now price: US $299.99
s.gif
s.gif
Sales Tax: 8.750% CA Sales Tax (applies to subtotal + S&H) Shipping and handling: Free -- Other (see description). Additional services available.
s.gif
Payment methods: PayPal

I live in California, so with the 30 ill be saving im hit with nearly 30 in sales tax :cry:[/QUOTE]

Might as well buy it off of Amazon then. Same $300 but Amazon's shipping is much better than Buy.com's shipping.

Awesome deal OP. I finally found a price I'm willing to pay for a PS3. I got one, and the $30 cashback is already pending.

If the cashback is pending and everyones saying its a 60 day wait, why is the original poster as of his update today saying he got his cash already?

[quote name='bobright']If the cashback is pending and everyones saying its a 60 day wait, why is the original poster as of his update today saying he got his cash already?[/QUOTE]

Bing has a quick cashback program you can enroll in and you need to attach your paypal account to your bing account along with using paypal to pay for any specific transaction. My understanding is I will not have to wait 60 days for my $30.00 since I am enrolled in the quick cashback program. I guess I will find out how it works when it happens. The op said he was already a member and had made transactions before so that may have expedited his money. :)

@rcavictor1956 ok cool, keep us updated on how quickly you receive it.

so my best bet would be to enroll in the "quick" cashback program? do u have a link?

i was going to just use the quick cashback after it appeared up top my ebay page and checkout with paypal, didnt know u had to actually sign up for something.

[quote name='bobright']@rcavictor1956 ok cool, keep us updated on how quickly you receive it.

so my best bet would be to enroll in the "quick" cashback program? do u have a link?

i was going to just use the quick cashback after it appeared up top my ebay page and checkout with paypal, didnt know u had to actually sign up for something.[/QUOTE]

Sign into your bing account and on the left hand side click on settings. There are three tabs....

1. Your cashback account information

2. Reward Methods

3. Quick cashback program

Click on the quick cashback program and enroll......... :)

[quote name='rcavictor1956']Sign into your bing account and on the left hand side click on settings. There are three tabs....

1. Your cashback account information

2. Reward Methods

3. Quick cashback program

Click on the quick cashback program and enroll......... :)[/QUOTE]

Cheers im all set up now for the quick cashback, is it confirmed youve received cash quickly this way after buying?

From the FAQ, re: Quick Cashback--

At which stores are my purchases eligible for quick cashback?
Currently, these stores have launched with quick cashback:

* Beach Audio
* Cybercucina

This list is likely to change as we add new stores, so check back here for updates.

So no quick cashback on this one.

Crap. If I hadn't just booked a trip to Vegas for Halloween, I'd totally bite. I'm fighting the urge to still go for it even though I most definitely cannot afford it. I'd been waiting for the price to drop on PS3 and now with this...It's just so good, I might have to make the bad decision and let that be future-me's problem.

[quote name='chrisflyer']From the FAQ, re: Quick Cashback--

So no quick cashback on this one.[/QUOTE]

Oh well.....not sure what the hell the point is of having only two stores apart of your quick cashback program. I can wait though...no big deal. :)

I'm surprised more CAG'ers haven't used this before. Bing used to be Microsoft Live Search, and this same sort of deal could be used for all sorts of electronics purchases. I used it to get a refurb 2nd-gen iPod Touch for 17% off of an already low price. And if you're wondering when the $cash$ will show up in your PayPal account, don't be surprised if you end up waiting the full 60 days. It all depends on when the seller fills out their e-paperwork with the Microsoft program reps. But it is 110% legit.

[quote name='punkviper']I'm surprised more CAG'ers haven't used this before. Bing used to be Microsoft Live Search, and this same sort of deal could be used for all sorts of electronics purchases. I used it to get a refurb 2nd-gen iPod Touch for 17% off of an already low price. And if you're wondering when the $cash$ will show up in your PayPal account, don't be surprised if you end up waiting the full 60 days. It all depends on when the seller fills out their e-paperwork with the Microsoft program reps. But it is 110% legit.[/QUOTE]

17% off is good but not as good as 30% or even 35% off. Damn those days were sweet!

Nice, I decided to get a slim just yesterday. Glad I came across this thread before heading to the store. Thanks OP.

Yes, big thanks! I'd been thinking about getting a PS3 slim since the price drop, and since today's my birthday, I decided to get myself a present. Great price, thanks!

Was just about to bite, then saw this:

"You must pay sales tax if you ship to: California, Massachusetts, New York, or Tennessee."

Damn California taxes AGAIN!

I'm about to bite on this deal.

I Was going to get one through amazon for the no tax and free shipping at 299.
But this is even better.

Thanks!

Just completed it. Pretty simple (just the same livesearch cashback thing)

Be sure you see the cashback icon once your directed to ebay .
Also once you find the item and click "buy it now"
Their should be another cashback icon right next to where you enter the quantity you want to commit to buy.
If they icon isnt their. Then you wont get the cashback credit.

I had to log into ebay and the cashback icon wasnt showing up once I got to the item commit to buy page.
So i went through the steps AGAIN. and it worked as it should.

I got a slim for 289 with bing and 28.90 showed up immediately. That was a 1st...i'd never gotten cash back so fast.

[quote name='jsgebo']You can also do this via newegg
Bing search newegg, gets a 10% off their store link
Buy PS3 slim $299.99 free ship no tax in most states.

EDIT - never mind, apparently it died - glad I got my orders in Friday
Sears has 16% CB but tax and shipping eat into it. search "craftsman"[/QUOTE]\

I just did this on Newegg and it looked legit. Told me to keep the box checked and it said doesn't work on preorders. The button said Add to cart, not pre-order so I hope this goes through. It didn't show up on my cashback account yet.

It showed up under my cashback account shortly after. Just have to wait up to 60 days for money back. I got over $400 back from when it was live.com so I know this is legit.

Thanks for posting, OP, I bit on this deal Saturday and it says it's going to be delivered tomorrow! That's some speedy free shipping...

[quote name='pwhitenight']I pulled the trigger a couple of hours ago, but nothing is showing in my Bing cashback account. I'm a bit nervous -- I followed the OP's instructions exactly, but didn't see any reference to cash back after clicking the ebay link. We'll see...[/QUOTE]

Sorry I'm going off-topic, but I'm baffled. Maybe you CAGs have some ideas...

I never got the cashback in my Bing account, so Bing support says try contacting eBay customer support. I used eBay's "contact us" link, which opens up a window to send eBay an email. I sent my message, but in checking my eBay "sent" folder (and the copy it sent to my email), the message has a subject line only -- the body of the message is blank. I have tried 5 times, with Firefox and IE, on 2 different computers, and still no text in the body of the message. So eBay support isn't getting or responding to my messages. And I can't find any other way to contact eBay!

I've tried Bing support, and they were very quick to respond, but they can't do anything without eBay. Any ideas on what to do next?

Wait, do you have to be signed into Bing in order to get the cash back? If I wasn't signed in, is there a way to still get it back?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.

[quote name='janitor']Ordered on Sunday and I got it this morning. The free shipping was awesome, and no tax was a plus.[/QUOTE]

Everything you just said applies to me as well. Very cool.

[quote name='plong']The ebay deal appears to now be 8% cashback, no longer 10%[/QUOTE]
Yeah, just noticed this. Kind of disappointing. OP needs to be updated and I need to find a better deal. =P

I'm very TEMPTED!! If i wasn't already a ps3 owner I'd jump on this deal in a heart beat. I know in my heart that Black Friday will do the PS3 Slim justice. Same price but, with an additional game such as perhaps Final Fantasy 13 ;)

[quote name='Kandal']I'm very TEMPTED!! If i wasn't already a ps3 owner I'd jump on this deal in a heart beat. I know in my heart that Black Friday will do the PS3 Slim justice. Same price but, with an additional game such as perhaps Final Fantasy 13 ;)[/QUOTE]

If only FF13 was out by then.

I've may have used this method to find a better deal on a PS3 through Dell, but let me check with you guys on how it works first...

On Bing.com I searched "computer hardware"
One of the Sponsored Sites is "Computer sale at Dell - Bing cashback"In clicking on "Bing cashback" it says that this is 15% off a purchase at Dell.com
Then it says to sign in with an email address, purchase an item and within 60 days get 15% cashback.

So is that cashback offer for literally anything in the Dell store? And if so, does it really take up to 60 days to get the cashback bonus?

Seems like a damn fine deal to me to get a PS3 for $255+tax and free shipping.

[quote name='iowaholdem']I've may have used this method to find a better deal on a PS3 through Dell, but let me check with you guys on how it works first...

One of the Sponsored Sites is "Computer sale at Dell - Bing cashback"In clicking on "Bing cashback" it says that this is 15% off a purchase at Dell.com
Then it says to sign in with an email address, purchase an item and within 60 days get 15% cashback.

So is that cashback offer for literally anything in the Dell store? And if so, does it really take up to 60 days to get the cashback bonus?

Seems like a damn fine deal to me to get a PS3 for $255+tax and free shipping.[/QUOTE]

The Slim is back-ordered to hell at Dell, unless you wanna wait 6+ weeks just to ship, I suggest going elsewhere.

[quote name='crzyboy88']The Slim is back-ordered to hell at Dell, unless you wanna wait 6+ weeks just to ship, I suggest going elsewhere.[/QUOTE]Oh is it? The website says that it ships in 1-2 weeks.

[quote name='iowaholdem']I've may have used this method to find a better deal on a PS3 through Dell, but let me check with you guys on how it works first...

Seems like a damn fine deal to me to get a PS3 for $255+tax and free shipping.[/QUOTE]

255+tax (7% tax) for me is 272.

The deal through bing and ebay was/is 270.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']255+tax (7% tax) for me is 272.

The deal through bing and ebay was/is 270.[/QUOTE]Yeah and the deal through bing is dead. So this is another option, eh?

Does anyone know if "irebates" is a reputable seller? I would like to take advantage of this (even at just 8%, the no tax thing makes it worth it to me), but it seems Buy.com no longer is selling PS3's on Ebay. The only seller I see offering them with Buy It Now at $299 is "irebates", which I've never heard of before. Any experiences?

bread's done
Back