Ps3 slim 250gb $249.99 YMMV Target

almasy82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Was at target last night and picked one up. They are being cleared out at a lot of stores (had a buddy that live in KY pick one up I am in MN). I don't think it is nation wide but I would check if you are looking for one.

Dead

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in New Jersey and a few of the stores I called said they were clearanced. However even though Target's website shows some to be available in stores I've stopped by the store in Deptford, NJ and called a bunch others and everywhere claims to not have any. Conspiracies I think...

Should I also start threads for Modern Warfare 2: Hardened Edition, Band Hero, and Beatles Rock Band Special Edition since all of these are also on clearance at Target? How about one thread each for the countless other games that are on clearance at Target?

[quote name='Josef']Should I also start threads for Modern Warfare 2: Hardened Edition, Band Hero, and Beatles Rock Band Special Edition since all of these are also on clearance at Target? How about one thread each for the countless other games that are on clearance at Target?[/QUOTE]

$100 off a current-gen console is worth a thread. This has already been debated (somewhat). No need to spam the thread on the issue any longer.

[quote name='D0RC']My brother just bought a 120gb for $299 like a week or so ago. If this offer is valid in a store near him, what are the chances on them exchanging or even giving him a $50 gift card or something? I mean there is a 90 day return policy.[/QUOTE]

Best bet is to buy the new one then return the old one separately so they don't give you any grief. It's not return fraud or anything; it's all within their policies.

I told a friend about this and he went to the Target in Pico Rivera early this morning. He says they had 2 but when they did the price check it still rang up as normal price. It seems most people getting this deal seem to be from CA but maybe it's just random.

Despite what others are saying, I really appreciate this thread, because this is big (savings of $100 on a hot item) and I don't like sifting through that gigantor other thread. Oh well. different strokes for different folks.

[quote name='runpuddrun']damn and I just bought a 250 slim from BB 2 weeks ago... what to do, what to do.[/QUOTE]

They guarantee a 30 day price match, just go to cunstomer service and mention the deal, they'll call to check it's in stock, and if so, you get the difference back

[quote name='Cindaddy']That may happen eventually, but I think the 250 may not have been intended as a long-term offer at this time. Others have noted that it seemed to offset the MW2 Xbox bundle which is also being clearanced at some stores.[/QUOTE]
Mmm, forgot about that angle. This does seem more likely.

Just go to the store, go up to a scanner and punch in 207230011. This will let you know what price it is. Don't ask employees, find out for yourselves.

and use Target.com to check in store availability instead of driving to your local store.

[quote name='Scorch']Just go to the store, go up to a scanner and punch in 207230011. This will let you know what price it is. Don't ask employees, find out for yourselves.

and use Target.com to check in store availability instead of driving to your local store.[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell the website inventory is either off or employees have these stashed away. 5-6 local stores show they have stock by me and they all claim to be sold out.

[quote name='jinxpalm']As far as I can tell the website inventory is either off or employees have these stashed away. 5-6 local stores show they have stock by me and they all claim to be sold out.[/QUOTE]
I think something strange is going on at those stores. I spoke to a manager at the only store with inventory (according to the website) and she said they had a 250GB on the shelf in the storeroom (not on the sales floor), and she said they normally don't carry that model, it is still full price, AND they are getting more soon.

Just got back from the Bowling Green, KY Target and they have been sold out of PS3's for 2 weeks.

I am seriously bummed right now.... :(

[quote name='hobbie8046']$100 off a current-gen console is worth a thread. This has already been debated (somewhat). No need to spam the thread on the issue any longer.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, as I said earlier. $100 off a PS3 is a big deal. It shouldn't be buried with the news of $10 copies of Fable 2 or whatever.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Agreed, as I said earlier. $100 off a PS3 is a big deal. It shouldn't be buried with the news of $10 copies of Fable 2 or whatever.[/QUOTE]

But $7.48 copies of Fable II is a BIG DEAL!!!!!

[quote name='almasy82']Was at target last night and picked one up. They are being cleared out at a lot of stores (had a buddy that live in KY pick one up I am in MN). I don't think it is nation wide but I would check if you are looking for one.[/QUOTE]

Can you buddy in Kentucky pick one up for me? I'm in Kentucky as well and would happily pick it up.

None in Phoenix, Glendale, Mesa, Surprise, Chandler, Tucson, Flagstaff, Prescott, Avondale, Goodyear, Fountain Hills, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Peoria...

Confirmed $244 price though...

In Hampton Roads they are only available at Williamsburg and Chesapeake (Edinburgh). The one in Chesapeake is selling it for MSRP.

[quote name='TheHelix']I pulled about 10 or so at a San Diego location, so this is real, but stock is probably cleared out by now. I was also asked to pull Band Hero and Beatles: RB, and a bunch of shovelware.[/QUOTE]
You pulled 10 PS3's in SD?!! Where?!

[quote name='Denogginizer']I wonder why there is a disparity between stores within the same area as to which are putting these on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Target's YMMV clearance policies.

[quote name='Hupperware']None in Phoenix, Glendale, Mesa, Surprise, Chandler, Tucson, Flagstaff, Prescott, Avondale, Goodyear, Fountain Hills, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Peoria...[/QUOTE]

thanks for saving me the drive down

This is weird. Does anyone know why Target is doing this? I've read speculation about inventory levels and possibly new SKU's but that doesn't make too much sense. My local Target doesn't have a single PS3 in the stock. It seems almost like Target is going to stop carrying the PS3 in the stores.

Both Glen Burnie, MD stores are sold out, the Annapolis store has some but they aren't on sale. Couldn't get The Ellicot City store to pick their phone up. Saving anyone the trouble if you're in the area.

[quote name='SLeeK719']Both Glen Burnie, MD stores are sold out, the Annapolis store has some but they aren't on sale. Couldn't get The Ellicot City store to pick their phone up. Saving anyone the trouble if you're in the area.[/QUOTE]

Middle River shows up as available if you search online, but I called and they claim to have none in stock. Haven't had any luck getting a hold of Ellicott City either.

Going to hit the only store nearby that has it listed as in stock after work. Crossing my fingers and hoping against hope, I could use a couple of backups so as to give my 60 gig BC beauty a rest...

In stock at Rosemead, California for full price. This deal seems VERY random, since she said "We have them in stock, but they're 350, not 250"

[quote name='TheHelix']I pulled about 10 or so at a San Diego location, so this is real, but stock is probably cleared out by now. I was also asked to pull Band Hero and Beatles: RB, and a bunch of shovelware.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean, "pull"? As in, take it off the floor and make it unavailable for sale? Or mark them for clearance and throw it back out there?

[quote name='mkiker2089']This is weird. Does anyone know why Target is doing this? I've read speculation about inventory levels and possibly new SKU's but that doesn't make too much sense. My local Target doesn't have a single PS3 in the stock. It seems almost like Target is going to stop carrying the PS3 in the stores.[/QUOTE]

Usually when supplies dry up like this, it's either because there isn't enough units coming in from the manufacturer or there is a new line/product ID that will be replacing it.

My guess is that Sony didn't make enough to match the holiday demand, and more units should be arriving in stores soon.

The 2 Target stores in the Bryan/College Station, TX area were both sold out, but only one of them was offering the clearance price. Which is funny, because they're less than 5 miles apart...

One of the guys in the Electronics department was pretty helpful and told me how only certain stores will offer clearance on certain items based on demand of the store. Since College Station is home to Texas A&M, they mostly put things like calculators, video games, books, etc. on clearance, while the Bryan store won't offer the same clearance prices or even price-match their own company down the street.

Anyhoo, I managed to drive to Huntsville, TX between classes and picked one up for $244.99. Apparently there were only two left. Whoop!

[quote name='Brownjohn']
My guess is that Sony didn't make enough to match the holiday demand, and more units should be arriving in stores soon.[/QUOTE]

according to one of the stores I talked to today, the item has been discontinued and will not be back in stock at any stores once they sell out. Kinda surprising it's not on clearance everywhere if that's the case.

My bad on the previous message on the first page. Don't CAG after 3 hours of driving and at 2 am. This thread does deserve to be on its own, and checked a few places, but definitely YMMV. Hopefully the prices drop more

For anyone in the LA-SFV area:

I picked one up at the Northridge Target at about 2:30 PM or so. I had stopped by Van Nuys-Sherman Oaks (they had a ton, just not on clearance), Van Nuys North (OOS), Granada Hills (OOS), and finally stopped at Northridge and they had some. I bought one, and applied for the Target card, and got approved so got it for around $242. There were 3 left after I got mine.

4288809864_7e91e49599.jpg

[quote name='Traitorious']I wonder what could be replacing the 250gb? One would think the 120gb would be the one to get clearanced out to make the 250gb the standard (then of course releasing a 380gb/400gb or something at the 250gb price).[/QUOTE]

This supposed clearance kind of boggles me as well, since you would think the smaller SKU would be the one clearanced out, while the larger one would remain and eventually be replaced by an even larger HDD system.

Then again, both Sears and Kmart clearanced out the 120gb HDD for the 360, while the $99 60 gb HDD is still in stock.

Either way I currently have a PS3(120gb), but this might tempt me if more stores besides Target(ie Gamestop, for one) started lowering the price to clear out stock.

As for this requiring it's own thread, it belongs in the Target clearance thread, since we've had some system clearances in there before(Gamecube, for one), namely since this seems like a HUGE YMMV clearance price.

[quote name='ryheeles']according to one of the stores I talked to today, the item has been discontinued and will not be back in stock at any stores once they sell out. Kinda surprising it's not on clearance everywhere if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

I understand that about the 250GB. I probably should have been more clear. The person I responded to mentioned not having any PS3's in stock. Most likely the 120GB's will show up once a new shipment comes in, but you're most likely right about the 250, since its on clearance.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Usually when supplies dry up like this, it's either because there isn't enough units coming in from the manufacturer or there is a new line/product ID that will be replacing it.

My guess is that Sony didn't make enough to match the holiday demand, and more units should be arriving in stores soon.[/QUOTE]

I realize demand was higher than supply at Christmas, but there are plenty in other stores now. Either way clearance them out doesn't make any sense. It seems like Target doesn't want to carry them, but why?

I'm told that where I work the PS3 is a loss leader even at full MSRP. That may not be true, but in the computer it's said to cost only a few dollars less than what it sells for.

I think this is definitely worthy of its own thread... I am a lot of people check the Target clearance thread, but I am sure there are many like me who only bother checking it out on drop days.

bread's done
Back