Ps3 slim 250gb $249.99 YMMV Target

almasy82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Was at target last night and picked one up. They are being cleared out at a lot of stores (had a buddy that live in KY pick one up I am in MN). I don't think it is nation wide but I would check if you are looking for one.

Dead

Last edited by a moderator:
No luck in Utica NY, but they had a few off them in stock. The guy did tell me to check back tommarow though, so who knows.

My local Target never has these good deals, so I shouldnt be suprised.

I hit the Oaks Target in PA. They had a couple at the full price. I asked the guy in electronics (heavily tattooed dude) and he almost jumped down my throat for asking. It seems he had a few people come in asking for the clearance price. One of the people got rude with him yelling and arguing over the price.

I need to get some work done to my car but for this price I'm taking the steal!

that's if I find one

Went to 3 Target in San Jose after work, Coleman and Oakridge are out of stock. The Target on Story and King had a bunch, but at full price.

does anyone want this ps3 ? i hate the interface and the menu is confusing . im selling this for 280 with god of war collection. i will take this crapstation back to target on wend

All out.

At least I saw the guy who bought the last one before me.
Would anyone like to plan some rediculous plan to revenge now?

[quote name='maxim2boobles']does anyone want this ps3 ? i hate the interface and the menu is confusing . im selling this for 280 with god of war collection. i will take this crapstation back to target on wend[/QUOTE]

They really should rate the PS3 console "M" so that everyone knows it's not for kids.

News spreads fast I guess.

Still no drop at my store. We had a whole load of games go on clearance, but the 250gb PS3s are still at full price. From my understanding of the clearance system at Target, when and how much an item goes on clearance for is based upon a store's individual inventory levels and how well it's been selling. (Which is why you don't see items go on clearance at the same time, even if the stores are within 5-10 minutes of each other, and why we can't price match. Stores on a poorer side of town might not be selling an expensive item, but the well-to-do population on the other side of town have been buying that item up in droves, thus why would we put it on clearance?)

It's also worth mentioning that the 250gb model no longer has a shelf location, and hasn't had one for some time in our weekly revision labels. We've had to flex the label in to give it a shelf location in the beneath the video games, and even when this was the case, we still got shipments of 3-4 at a time. The absence of this model on the planograms might also clue you into why certain stores might have put it on clearance.

This is where my understanding becomes foggy, so I'm mostly making an intelligent guess, based off the past week's clearance drops, I wonder some stores are wired to automatically clearance items based off a preconceived rule set... either:

A) The item has marked as discontinued by the powers that be, but still have an existing shelf location. Once the weekly revisions come from corporate, and the discontinued item is removed from the planogram, instead of letting the item rot in the backroom until it's returned to the manufacturer, a store could automatically put it on clearance. A lot of stores saw this with putting Gears of War 2 on clearance. It completely disappeared from the shelf, and thusly could have triggered the automatic clearance response.

B) An item is still active, but has its sales floor location removed. (Like the 250gb PS3) Because it is still active, it's kept in the backroom until either the item becomes discontinued or it stays off a planogram for a certain length of time -- long enough for the system to say "well, it must be discontinued" and clearances it.

Stores will run differently, but I notice there's always a date when a massive set of stores that put an item on clearance all at the same time for the same price, and then select stores after that individually clearance their stuff.

I have to assume that this is a mistake, and this will only be for a limited amount of time. Especially since it was JUST released a few months ago, I seriously doubt that Target has just elected not to carry this console anymore.

[quote name='bstan21']Full price in the KC area.[/QUOTE]

That answers my question...

Which stores have you checked in the KC metro area?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']If the menu of a PS3 confuses you, don't touch any electronics ever again. My mother can use a PS3, and she can barely surf the web.[/QUOTE]

i cant connect to crapstation network because im getting network timeout. if anyone knows how to fix the timeout issue let me know.

Anyone think that it's a good idea to try buying it at full price at the stores that still do carry it, and hope to price adjust it when those Targets have them on clearance?

Target's 90-day return policy is quite generous to attempt that plan.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']i cant connect to crapstation network because im getting network timeout. if anyone knows how to fix the timeout issue let me know.[/QUOTE]

Please, return it now, before you burn down your house or something.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Please, return it now, before you burn down your house or something.[/QUOTE]

too late. call 911 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maxim2boobles']i cant connect to crapstation network because im getting network timeout. if anyone knows how to fix the timeout issue let me know.[/QUOTE]

Your unit is broken. Better just return it to Target posthaste, as in first thing tomorrow.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Anyone think that it's a good idea to try buying it at full price at the stores that still do carry it, and hope to price adjust it when those Targets have them on clearance?

Target's 90-day return policy is quite generous to attempt that plan.[/QUOTE]

I think you have 14 days to get a price adjustment, but that doesn't apply to clearance prices. They aren't supposed to adjust the price for clearance markdowns.

Open ports on your router, that should solve it.:D

What about buying one at one of the stores that has it at full price, then getting a price adjustment at a store that has it on clearance? Or, if they bar that, try to instead do a return/rebuy at the store that has it on clearance?

fuck, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Open ports on your router, that should solve it.:D[/QUOTE]

FLOL, great idea. Maxim2boobies, I absolutely concur with IATCG, OPEN ALL PORTS ON YOUR ROUTER, LAUNCH ALL ZIG, FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

[quote name='karkyco']What about buying one at one of the stores that has it at full price, then getting a price adjustment at a store that has it on clearance? Or, if they bar that, try to instead do a return/rebuy at the store that has it on clearance?

fuck, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
That's my idea too. Let me know how it goes. :D

I'm just wondering if there other stores are gonna follow suit with this in some way. 3 Targets within 15 minutes of me were all out by 10 am this morning when I found out and my 20GB is on its last life.

I doubt other stores will do it, they claim they lose money on them as much as Sony. We'll at least they don't make money. They'd rather you bought the PS3 at Target, cost Target the 100 bucks and came to them for games and other stuff.

lol fanboy alert you should just stop posting seriously

People wrote that there are already receipt postings, where could I find those? Lol hopefully i'm not looking right at it!

So I go into one of the target stores near me in southern IN, because online it said available. None in display case so I ask the woman working in the video games if they had any of the 250g PS3,s. She looked on the handheld and it showed they had 3 in stock at $244.98. She calls to the stockroom to have someone check, but would'nt ya know they can't find any in the back. Shady if you ask me. I just bought one of these from BB last week, but I would have gladly returned it to save $100.

Just checked Rio in Gaithersburg. Out of stock, and it wasn't on clearance according to the rep's handheld doohickey. There is apparently one at Rockville (Congressional Plaza) but the person on the phone over there claimed it was normal price.

[quote name='bdrsvt']So I go into one of the target stores near me in southern IN, because online it said available. None in display case so I ask the woman working in the video games if they had any of the 250g PS3,s. She looked on the handheld and it showed they had 3 in stock at $244.98. She calls to the stockroom to have someone check, but would'nt ya know they can't find any in the back. Shady if you ask me. I just bought one of these from BB last week, but I would have gladly returned it to save $100.[/QUOTE]

Well saved me a trip. :( Need a ps3 for God of War in march.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Well saved me a trip. :( Need a ps3 for God of War in march.[/QUOTE]
I have a feeling that part of the reason for clearing out these 250s is that there is a bundle coming with GoW3 or Uncharted 2 packed in. Just a hunch.

[quote name='StarCreator']Just checked Rio in Gaithersburg. Out of stock, and it wasn't on clearance according to the rep's handheld doohickey. There is apparently one at Rockville (Congressional Plaza) but the person on the phone over there claimed it was normal price.[/QUOTE]

My friend went to the store. And it was still regular price.

[quote name='Denogginizer']I have a feeling that part of the reason for clearing out these 250s is that there is a bundle coming with GoW3 or Uncharted 2 packed in. Just a hunch.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that. Whats the likelihood they would do a red one to match the red psp they did when chains of olympus came out? Sigh.. I can dream... But honestly if they were releasing a limited ps3 or a bundle, i would think we would have heard about it by now.

Miami FL all at regular price---FML.

Just bought a 120 GB last week because I couldn't afford even a game.

Thats right. I have a new 120 GB PS3 and no games.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']
4288809864_7e91e49599.jpg
[/QUOTE]

My receipt

[quote name='killer9']lol fanboy alert you should just stop posting seriously[/QUOTE]

Im not a fanboy , i just dont want to change my firewall

I picked up a couple of the units at the Ingle"hood" location on Century and Crenshaw, in the shopping complex to the east of Hollywood Park race track. They have 11 or 12 left according to the computer. They were regular price, $349.99.

I immediately went to the Culver City Target to attempt a price adjustment, and the guy in customer service smirked and said, I can't adjust it 'cause it's a clearance, and I can't just take it back and resell it to you, it has to go back out on the floor, and that could take all day." Of course he or one of his friends/coworkers would see to it that only they would get it at that point, so I didn't bother returning them obviously. I'm going to try the Target a block from my office around noon. Not giving up on this one so easily.

BTW, anyone have the DPCI #'s for the XBox 360 Modern Warfare 2 bundles that are clearanced, and the DSLites/DSI's that are clearanced?

Went to our local Orem, UT store and they were out of stock. Called our other local store in American Fork and they were also out of stock. I wonder if the employees got a wind of these prices and either took them in the back for themselves or the managers are holding them until they confirm what the "real" price should be. It just seems interesting to me that they had plenty in stock (when I visited last week they had at least 3 in the Orem store on display) and suddenly they are out of stock). Maybe I am just disappointed that I could not find one locally to verify this deal.

[quote name='dedgeu2']Went to our local Orem, UT store and they were out of stock. Called our other local store in American Fork and they were also out of stock. I wonder if the employees got a wind of these prices and either took them in the back for themselves or the managers are holding them until they confirm what the "real" price should be. It just seems interesting to me that they had plenty in stock (when I visited last week they had at least 3 in the Orem store on display) and suddenly they are out of stock). Maybe I am just disappointed that I could not find one locally to verify this deal.[/QUOTE]

Or perhaps they sold. 250 GB PS3s were still selling like hotcakes in my area after Christmas/New Year's, which is why this clearance is boggling some people's minds.

Don't fret, the world (or Target's employees) are not out to hoard against you.

I would suggest that anyone that can find them in stock, try to also find another store nearby that actually has them come up for the clearance price of $244.xx (by typing in the DPCI into the price checking scanners located around the stores).

Then, buy them at the non-discounted stores and attempt to price adjust them to the discounted/clearanced stores. I just got lucky at another location and got a cool employee to allow me to return and rebuy the two I purchased this morning. Now I've got an extra one for my main set up so I can give my 60 gig BC one a rest, and another one I will either put into another bedroom or give to my nephews/family.

[quote name='no_exit']My local Target had 4 of them in the case marked with at the clearance price of $249.99.[/QUOTE]
Whoa really?! Which one?! I'd so love to grab one after work. I could give my roommate's phat PS3 a break (and also have my own when either one of us moves out by late summer, before our lease is up).

bread's done
Back