CAG Veteran
Yes, CompUSA is still in business. They have the familiar Holiday bundle:
PS3 Slim, 160 GB
2 Dualshock 3 controllers
Uncharted 2 (non-GOTY)
PixelJunk Shooter download voucher
Karate Kid DVD

All for $350, online only. Ground shipping to NYC was $9

They also have a free 6-month CA antivirus with any CompUSA purchase, which added to my cart automatically when I put the PS3 in there.

[quote name='zenintrude']Wow, that's only $50 more than retail... sweet "deal"!!!![/QUOTE]
Well it is still well under retail when you include everything but Karate Kid and Pixeljunk are basically crap extras and when Amazon is offering the $75 credit and no tax and such for the basic model, Amazon is going to be a much better deal for most.

I miss the old CompUsa, ever since they came back in the market here in Texas they just arent the same. They don't even have video games in store at my location.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Well it is still well under retail when you include everything but Karate Kid and Pixeljunk are basically crap extras and when Amazon is offering the $75 credit and no tax and such for the basic model, Amazon is going to be a much better deal for most.[/QUOTE]

It's *not* under retail when you consider that the MSRP for that bundle is $299. I don't care what the assumed value of the bundled extras are, that package has an established price-point of $299.

Thus, this is $50 over retail as defined by MSRP. CompUSA in its current form is little more than a sleazy reseller.

CompUSA is not really the CompUSA that went out of business at least several years ago. The company name and logo was bought out by Systemax, which sells computers and other electronics under the names Tiger Direct, SystemaxPC and many other company names.

While Wikipedia is not the be all end all of information and not always correct, it would appear that they also own the rights to the name and logo for Circuit City.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemax

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']CompUSA is not really the CompUSA that went out of business at least several years ago. The company name and logo was bought out by Systemax, which sells computers and other electronics under the names Tiger Direct, SystemaxPC and many other company names.

While Wikipedia is not the be all end all of information and not always correct, it would appear that they also own the rights to the name and logo for Circuit City.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemax[/QUOTE]

Yep that is correct. I know they own CC and CompUSA logo and name and they basically charge the same amount for everything on every site they own. They are also based out of Miami. Overall I try to stay away from any site that systemax owns because I find their customer support to be bad and their prices to be meh.

bread's done
Back