PS3 Slim not working.

FireBearSafety23

CAGiversary!
I always use HDMI and i left for the weekend, came back. went to hook up my ps3 on another HDMI tv and it wont show a picture. I plugged it back in and out, and it wont get a signal from it. I don't know what to do..

Google "PS3 handshake issues".. Slim PS3 have problems with some TV since they changed HDCP from hardware(old models) to software(slim)..basically you need to update your TV's firmware.

Well, it was a old TV and was working on their before. Do you think if i take it back to the TV i was using before, a new sharp aquos, it will work?

Reset your PS3 video settings

If you have a Sony PS3 that you move from place to place, you may run into the issue where you connect it to a new TV or monitor and you can't see anything because the video settings are different than what your PS3 is configured for. When this happens, you can't even get to the screen that allows you to set the video settings, so you are basically screwed. If this happens to you, there is a fix. Turn off the power to your PS3 and then turn it back on again. But when you turn it on, hold down the power button until you see something on the screen. When you hold down the power button of the PS3 when you are turning it on, it completely resets the video settings to the most basic settings (480p I think) so that it'll work on any TV or monitor. Once you can then get something on the screen, you can configure the video settings to match the TV you are hooking up to. You'll probably have to do the same thing when you take it back to your original location. But at least with this trick you can now move your PS3 around if you want.

http://www.tipstrs.com/tip/1888/Reset-your-PS3-video-settings

Yep the holding down the power button thing has saved my from panic. Always useful to look at the system manual when stuff like this happens.

bread's done
Back