PS3 Slim

chrsmrly

CAG Veteran
Hey Guys,

I recently gave away my "Fat" PS3 80GB to a friend, because I thought I never used it. It's been about a month and I'm itching to watch Blu-rays again. I'm looking to get a 120GB PS3 Slim. Are there any good deals floating around?

sadly the only good ps3 deals were back on black friday with the free game bundles....the only current deals would be ebay auctions and using the bing cashback

If all you're really using the PS3 for is to watch movies, then you would probably be better off with a standalone Blu-Ray player. Check out Amazon and some comparison shopping sites(like Pricegrabber.com, for example), as you can typically find a BR player for $150 without needing to jump through hoops to get that price on it.

Sort of a marketing flaw for Sony, no? I've owned a Wii and 360 for almost 3 years now and am finally ready to pick up a PS3. Would be nice if there were some sort of official bundle I could pick up. The PS3 would be doing much better in terms of sales if they had one. I mean, the thing has been out for several years at this point, why not throw in LBP or GOW collection in there to entice would be buyers.

For now, I'm going to lay back and hope they'll have some sort of incentive sometime between now and GOW 3.

Im interested too in a ps3 slim, but need a good bundle, are there any good ones? or just the system alone

[quote name='jdlopez']Sort of a marketing flaw for Sony, no? I've owned a Wii and 360 for almost 3 years now and am finally ready to pick up a PS3. Would be nice if there were some sort of official bundle I could pick up. The PS3 would be doing much better in terms of sales if they had one. I mean, the thing has been out for several years at this point, why not throw in LBP or GOW collection in there to entice would be buyers.

For now, I'm going to lay back and hope they'll have some sort of incentive sometime between now and GOW 3.[/QUOTE]
You should have been around during Black Friday. Every major retailer got their own unique PS3 bundle that included a slim and two games. Some retailers threw in blu-rays and accessories as well.

[quote name='10kdragon']get a gamestop used one? $269.99[/QUOTE]

A $30 savings versus buying new is not worth it considering the factory warranty only covers the original buyer of the console and a good percentage of the time the systems being traded into GS are being traded in there for a bad reason(RROD on 360, out of warranty n having issues on PS3 and Wii).

The OP should check the SonyStyle site to see if Sony is still doing any sort of cash back deals on PS3's nowadays, as I know they were offering $200 or sometimes more back in times past.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'd really prefer a new one. I've thought about just getting a blu-ray player, but there are some ps3 games coming out that I might be interested in playing.

I'm in the same boat, I'm finally in the market for a slim but would like to grab a deal. I wasn't financially ready during black Friday but I am now.

bread's done
Back