PS3 Stereo Headset $75 Newegg

$10 off code NEWCUSTOMER10 didn't work for me, even though I created a new account...
It says "This promo code NEWCUSTOMER10 you entered is only available for specific programs."

[quote name='gacktplays']$10 off code NEWCUSTOMER10 didn't work for me, even though I created a new account...
It says "This promo code NEWCUSTOMER10 you entered is only available for specific programs."[/QUOTE]

Got it working
I removed the item and added it into cart after I put in the code and then it worked.

Sorry for the double post.

Absolutely amazing headset!

Picked it up this week at BB after pm'ing Target at $79 + RZ certs I got it for $20. After trying these out, I would have paid full price in a heartbeat!

I just got a pair for $50 credit on the GameStop price glitch, works awesome with Battlefield 3. There are a few thing I don't like about them: USB dongle being one, you can't play sound out of you tv and the headset at the same time so its no good for co-op or for people watching you play, and I haven't got them to work with Netflix. If anyone has solutions for my last two problems I would like to know how, thanks.

I got tired of the cords with my wired Turtle Beach P11s, so I returned them to GameStop and got the PS3 wireless headset. A couple of observations, the sound in the P11s was definitely better--not night and day, but better. The PS3 sound is still very, very good. Also, I liked the fact that you could hear what you were saying when you talked in the mic on the P11s so you knew how loud you were talking. No such feature on the PS3 headset. The only true negative I can write about with the PS3 headset is that if you are connecting your PS3 wirelessly to your router (like I am) you are likely to get interference from the PS3 headset as it is on the same 2.4GHZ frequency as the PS3. This can cause you connection to end (get signed out of PSN), host migration errors, etc. An easy fix to this is to get a 3-10 ft USB extender and plug the USB adapter for the headphones into that. That should alleviate connection issues. I did this and saw an immediate difference.

All in all, the PS3 headset is a very good headset and one that I would certainly recommend.

[quote name='ewiz06']

All in all, the PS3 headset is a very good headset and one that I would certainly recommend.[/QUOTE]

I use mine all the time and love them. Comfortable, great quality, and they sound excellent.

[quote name='Stimes']I just got a pair for $50 credit on the GameStop price glitch, works awesome with Battlefield 3. There are a few thing I don't like about them: USB dongle being one, you can't play sound out of you tv and the headset at the same time so its no good for co-op or for people watching you play, and I haven't got them to work with Netflix. If anyone has solutions for my last two problems I would like to know how, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Mine worked fine with Netflix last night so I dunno.

I got mine so I can play and not wake my daughter at night. So the no sound out of the tv is good for me!

[quote name='WV Matsui']Mine worked fine with Netflix last night so I dunno.
[/QUOTE]

Well at least I know it works with Netflix, I'll try again tonight, thanks.

I was about to get these, since I had $40 newegg credit from the google 20 for 40 offer last month, that and the 10newcustomer promo would have brought it down in price nicely. Unfortunately, there's no way to make these work with the xbox and I play with both ps3 and xbox. The other factor was that these require a somewhat recent firmware(3.7 I think), so it wouldn't work with my 3.41cfw ps3's either. Decided to go with the Sharkoon SP headset instead, it will work with pc/ps3/360. Totally different product, but fits my needs better, can't complain for $36 when it was all said and done with the coupons. Wish this unit worked with both the ps3 and 360, I would have bought it then.

[quote name='Stimes']Well at least I know it works with Netflix, I'll try again tonight, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Just got mine from Target today and worked fine with Netflix as well.

[quote name='WV Matsui']In all fairness I wouldn't expect a first party Sony accessory to work with an X360.[/QUOTE]

True, I wouldn't either. But if it could have at least worked via a 3.5mm audio jack it could have worked with the 360 and any other device that can be plugged via 3.5mm jack.

hey guys not sure if it'll help, but here are my thoughts too about the headset since everyone else is giving there's, maybe itll help some one. I actually was looking for a headset tried the official ps3 headset, turtle beach px5, and the astro gaming a40. There all different, not just in prices but other aspects too. Honestly, I woulda just kept the ps3 headset had you been able to use 2 different headsets on one machine (you can't), it won't work one will pair and the other won't even if you use 2 different usb dongles. The sound in game for the ps3 headset is awesome, but theres no surround sound support in movies it only plays stereo, as opposed to both surround sound or stereo in game ( you have the option of choosing). The headset itself is light and sounds great. So, if you only need 1 headset eg. won't be watching movies with someone else, then get the ps3 headset, if not you'll need to find another option. I wouldn't recommend the PX5 headsets, cuz for the price you pay they are not that great. I ended up keeping the astros which have awesome bass, but like I said I woulda kept the ps3 headsets had you been able to use 2 at the same time for movies. Hope that helps someone out there.

I tried entering the newcustomer10 promo code even after making a new account on the checkout page, and it doesnt seem to work at all. I even tried removing the item and adding it back after i put in the code and it still only shows up at $75, any idea what i should do?

[quote name='erickdj']True, I wouldn't either. But if it could have at least worked via a 3.5mm audio jack it could have worked with the 360 and any other device that can be plugged via 3.5mm jack.[/QUOTE]

This is the same company that refuses to use SD cards for the Vita, cameras, etc, do you think they'd include something like this?

I was tempted to grab these for $50 at Gamestop with the glitch, but decided to skip on them for now. I use a pair of Sennheisers when I play (I don't use a mic on PS3) and they work great though they are wired.

[quote name='Ranma444']I tried entering the newcustomer10 promo code even after making a new account on the checkout page, and it doesnt seem to work at all. I even tried removing the item and adding it back after i put in the code and it still only shows up at $75, any idea what i should do?[/QUOTE]try logging in with the new account, then in the promo box enter newcustomer10. That's how it worked for me.

I got this too for $65 from amazon. If you are undecided, my suggestion is get it. The sound quality is great, tho i wish the surround should have been more defined. Very comfortable to use, the ear padding is huge so it wont press your ears hard against your head. Having no wires is such a relief, i dont have to worry about me or sombody getting tripped or tangled with cords, or removing the headset before going to toilet when i feel like taking a dump in the middle of playing games. This is very light too. Also this automatically discontinues charging if the battery gets fully charged, so you dont have to worry about overcharging and possibly damaging the headset. To be honest even at MSRP this headset is still worth it.

[quote name='ger2396']try logging in with the new account, then in the promo box enter newcustomer10. That's how it worked for me.[/QUOTE]

ive tried this, and it still wont work. I dunno what im doing wrong. thanks though.

nevermind, i got it working after making another new account. Thanks again.

Trying to decide between these and the turtle beach mw3 foxtrot edition for $60, which is the better headset? Anybody have any experience with either or both to make a comparison?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I want to take the plunge on these if they're going to be just used on my PS3. This will be my first high end headset, been using regular headphones for gaming, and not that interested in the microphone since I have Playstation Eye.

Not getting my hopes too high, is it possible to use this on a PC?

[quote name='esclave']$75.99 is still a little bit high on price, keep waiting for the price update more...[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I get perplexed when I see people running to the stores to buy them at $50, which in my eyes should be the MSRP.

[quote name='ger2396']Trying to decide between these and the turtle beach mw3 foxtrot edition for $60, which is the better headset? Anybody have any experience with either or both to make a comparison?[/QUOTE]

I have both and love the Sony headset a little bit more. The Foxtrot isn't bad though since you can use them on Pc as well as Xbox 360 and PS3 but the Sony headset being wireless is what wins for me besides them sounding awesome. If you are going to be switching between different consoles and don't mind the wires I say go for the Turtle beach Foxtrot.

[quote name='Bawse']I have both and love the Sony headset a little bit more. The Foxtrot isn't bad though since you can use them on Pc as well as Xbox 360 and PS3 but the Sony headset being wireless is what wins for me besides them sounding awesome. If you are going to be switching between different consoles and don't mind the wires I say go for the Turtle beach Foxtrot.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, this will be a birthday present for my son. Since he games mainly on ps3 I'll get him the ps3 headset.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I don't know if I want to take the plunge on these if they're going to be just used on my PS3. This will be my first high end headset, been using regular headphones for gaming, and not that interested in the microphone since I have Playstation Eye.

Not getting my hopes too high, is it possible to use this on a PC?[/QUOTE]

Yes fully functional on PC. I use it all the time chatting with Steam friends. The sound is amazing as well.

If you are on the fence and have any interest, this is a great deal. I picked i up with Uncharted 3 at Best Buy when they were $25 off. I do most of my gaming at night so with these I can get big sound without anyone else hearing it. I love these.

Already have the Turtle Beach X4 I think they are. But would bite on this if I could get NEWCUSTOMER10 to work. I been lookin to use my google offer.

[quote name='Zimmy']Exactly, I get perplexed when I see people running to the stores to buy them at $50, which in my eyes should be the MSRP.[/QUOTE]
What wireless surround sound headset can you buy for $50?

Is there a list available with the DTS games that take advantage of the surround sound. I tried using the surround on MW3 and it wasn't quite what I was hoping for. But I used it with Uncharted 3 and Netflix and it was awesome.

From what I've got, Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, Arkham City, Little Big Planet 2, and 3D Dot Game Heroes have that DTS logo on the back of the box.

This is tempting, especially for the wireless aspect, but I'll pass. I just got the Turtle Beach X12 for $30 at TRU earlier this week. Use them both for PS3 and 360. The adjustable bass and mic feedback are just icing on the cake. The wires don't bother me because I do all my gaming in my man cave and don't have to worry about others tripping over them.

made an account to post my thanks to OP for this thread. picked up a pair for $45 with the newegg groupon. had been wanting a pair and couldn't pass them up for that price.

[quote name='erickdj']True, I wouldn't either. But if it could have at least worked via a 3.5mm audio jack it could have worked with the 360 and any other device that can be plugged via 3.5mm jack.[/QUOTE]

it requires a firmware update so i don't think it will work if it had a 3.5 jack. seriously people think sony is gonna let their specific product for the ps3 work on a competitors?

bread's done
Back