PS3 Street Fighter iv Fightstick Tournament Edition for $99.99

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Do want. Can't afford...[/QUOTE]

I can help rationalize it for ya =D
My 360 TE stick + SF4 day it came out, $240(tax+shipping bought all msrp, yes a shame I know, but I didn't buy it). Price per hour playing, $0.50. Trade some games in and come play some SSF4!

Unless you really can't afford it, then I'm sorry =(

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Do want. Can't afford...[/QUOTE]

SAME!!! Then again I already have a SE! Sanwa Stick and Buttons

SF4Stick.jpg

Does this also work for other games that aren't fighters, like other games that don't require a 2nd joystick?

I actually prefer the overall design of this version better than the new SSFIV TE Stick - the longer edges on this are comfortable when play for awhile, new one seems like it'd get slightly uncomfortable after awhile, least when I looked at one today at a gamestop.

[quote name='neuropunk']Does this also work for other games that aren't fighters, like other games that don't require a 2nd joystick?[/QUOTE]

yes Sir!

[quote name='Kandal']yes Sir![/QUOTE]
Hmm, would it be too much trouble to ask someone to list the compatible games or a link to which games are compatible with this? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='neuropunk']Hmm, would it be too much trouble to ask someone to list the compatible games or a link to which games are compatible with this? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Techincally t's compatible with any game as long as the game doesn't require SixAxis motion control.

-FrankCastleAZ

The actual joystick is tied to the digital inputs and not the left analog stick of a controller, I would imagine, so keep that in mind if purchasing for non-fighting games.

[quote name='Psybuster']The actual joystick is tied to the digital inputs and not the left analog stick of a controller, I would imagine, so keep that in mind if purchasing for non-fighting games.[/QUOTE]
So, that means that a game had to be designed to use one of these arcade style fight sticks?

All it says in the description is that it is compatible with most PS3 fighting games. Wish I could get a more detailed description, like a list of games that are compatible. Tried google and couldn't find.

[quote name='Psybuster']The actual joystick is tied to the digital inputs and not the left analog stick of a controller, I would imagine, so keep that in mind if purchasing for non-fighting games.[/QUOTE]

There is a switch on the controller that allows the joystick to act as either the L or R stick or the D-pad.

[quote name='neuropunk']So, that means that a game had to be designed to use one of these arcade style fight sticks?

All it says in the description is that it is compatible with most PS3 fighting games. Wish I could get a more detailed description, like a list of games that are compatible. Tried google and couldn't find.[/QUOTE]
There is a switch that lets you select if the stick controls the Dpad or either of the sticks. It will work with ANY p3 game that does not need 6 axis

[quote name='liberaltugboat']There is a switch that lets you select if the stick controls the Dpad or either of the sticks. It will work with ANY p3 game that does not need 6 axis[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I get that, but you can't really use it with a game that requires use of both sticks. So, I really need to know if there's many PSN / PS3 games that only use one of the control sticks.

This may be a stupid question, but I'm currently playing with the Tekken 6 wireless arcade stick that came in the bundle. Is this SFIV stick that much better that it would be worth it to upgrade if I'm serious about using a stick for SSIV?

[quote name='Plastics']This may be a stupid question, but I'm currently playing with the Tekken 6 wireless arcade stick that came in the bundle. Is this SFIV stick that much better that it would be worth it to upgrade if I'm serious about using a stick for SSIV?[/QUOTE]

If you're serious, then yeah -- definitely

[quote name='jubeininja69']hrap3 has a bulky design. i like the design of the slimmer and compartment for the wire of the TE stick.[/QUOTE]

True, but I can play SF3, SFA anthologies, all the SNK anthologies (Samurai Showdown/Fatal Fury/Art of Fighting/Metal Slug/etc), and many more with the HRAP3.

I'll take that as a fair trade off... ;)

Oh, it also works for your PC too... :)

Not ragging on the TE stick though. Its a great stick, I was just a little taken back by its strict "PS3 games ONLY" restriction, and wanted to point that out to potential buyers.

[quote name='Plastics']This may be a stupid question, but I'm currently playing with the Tekken 6 wireless arcade stick that came in the bundle. Is this SFIV stick that much better that it would be worth it to upgrade if I'm serious about using a stick for SSIV?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have both and I have loads of friends that have the TE sticks and some with the regular SE sticks, the SE is pretty much on par with the T6 stick.

All prefer their (custom) SF TE sticks.

[quote name='def PD'] the SE is pretty much on par with the T6 stick.[/QUOTE]

That is, if you don't swap out the parts for Sanwa/Seimitsu. If you do, it becomes a more compact TE.

[quote name='LLZeroX']Surely the 360 version will be 99 also

right

RIGHT[/QUOTE]

I assume you were being sarcastic since the 360 version hadn't dropped in price (as of yesterday), but I checked and they both appear to be $99 now

What's the difference between HRAP3 and that -SA? I have the Hori FS3 that came out when VF5 came out, but I never heard of -SA.

I thought Hori FS3 didn't use SANWA parts? at least, it didn't feel like SANWA's to me when playing with it.

Fry's has the Round 2 for $99.99 (PS3 only) if you like that variation better. I picked one up in store. It's also online, but only available for in-store pickup.

[quote name='djricekcn']What's the difference between HRAP3 and that -SA? I have the Hori FS3 that came out when VF5 came out, but I never heard of -SA.

I thought Hori FS3 didn't use SANWA parts? at least, it didn't feel like SANWA's to me when playing with it.[/QUOTE]

SA (the one in the link I posted) is the all Sanwa one. I believe the standard FS3 had a Sanwa stick, but hori buttons.

My friend has the round 2 for xbox and told me that there isn't much difference from the round 1 to round 2 models. Can anyone else confirm?

Price for this just went up back to $129. Seems like it was a very temp price drop.

[quote name='Kaijuboy']Also, something to keep in mind is that the Madcatz stick does NOT work on PS1/2 games, so if you have a BC PS3 and want to play all your PS1/2 shooters/fighters, you may want to look into the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3:

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Arcade-P..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1272087169&sr=8-3

It's also all sanwa arcade parts and rates just as high as the TE stick, except it works for all your older games. :)[/QUOTE]

Not sure if its a change in the newer revisions, but my SSF4 stick works on PS1 classics I downloaded. Not sure if its same on disc based games, as I have no PS1 discs left and my PS3 isn't BC.

For me, Mad Catz always worked with PS1 games, but never for PS2 games. If I remember correctly, I don't think I can even turn on the controller on PS2 mode.

And thanks for information on regards of -SA.

And my PS3 TS works perfectly fine with my Windows 7 without downloading anything.

bread's done
Back