PS3 System Deals?

tastudent2003

CAGiversary!
My old PS3 just died - it was a 40GB Backwards compatable, so hopefully I'll still get a little back on it from ebay (any idea how much?). Just wondering if anyone had a lead on any good deals floating around - I'm willing to go slim, down to 40GB.

From what I've read, the 40GB was the only one between 20gb-80gb that was NOT backwards compatible. Are you SURE it's 40GB?

The ylod ones sell from $80-$100ish on eBay. They have those re-gluing kits, for cheap, on eBay, as well. $15 or less, if you want to try and fix it. But, you have to break the seal on your PS3.

They have ways to fix them on YouTube(fix ylod/ylod repair). Someone put a hairdryer to the back of his and it worked.

Supposedly, Kmart will be having big news on a PS3 console deal on June 5,2011.

Good Luck!

Yeah, not sure on that 40GB size - it was the one that came with the Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle and it is backwards compatible. Thanks for the heads up on the KMart Deal

E3 is 3 weeks away the kmart PS3 news will probably involve the price drop leak but chances are the leak will happen even sooner. Once it leaks expect a mad dash of sales or $75-$100 giftcard offers. Wait it out but if you just gotta have a PS3 just rent one.

As for your current PS3 there's electronic repair places that have warranties and they'll fix it for $120 or alot less depending on what's needed.

bread's done
Back