PS3: The Feature cutting begins...

As long as it can play games in 16x9 and hi-def and can go online I don't really care what other features it has. They should cut it down to that - the cheaper the better...

[quote name='javeryh']As long as it can play games in 16x9 and hi-def and can go online I don't really care what other features it has. They should cut it down to that - the cheaper the better...[/QUOTE]

Nobody said that they would pass the savings onto the customer though ;) The only group that'll be saving any money is Sony.

Considering I never even heard about that feature, I'm no where near upset. Then again I have no plans of getting a PS3 or Xbox 360 for at least a year after their launches.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']maybe if they keep cutting stuff out, they'll actually have a *gasp* gaming machine.[/QUOTE]

Haha, gg.

Meh, it's good to see that they're taking out features that can be replicated by $15 technology at Best Buy (that is, if you are still using patch cables). Then again, I wonder if the consumer will see the cost savings on that.

Yes! now it'll cost 395.99 instead. I hope they don't cut its animal cloning and cold fusion features. Those are really gonna come in handy.

[quote name='ryanbph']oh well, next thing you know they will be taking out the cell processor. J/K ;)[/QUOTE]

I thought they did that already? or at least toned it down.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']I hate console wars... Just give me a video game console that goes online and plays games.[/QUOTE]

Dreamcasts are $15 on eBay.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']I hate console wars... Just give me a video game console that goes online and plays games.[/QUOTE]

what?! simplicity? that's the most confusing idea I've ever heard of. ;-)

Yeah, these flame topics are getting old.

HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!

Honestly, don't you have a bridge to crawl under?

Oh no, the took out the router! What are we ever going to do without a second router!? :roll:

[quote name='mcwilliams132']Muwaa ha ha ha!

If I said it once...I've said it a thousand times...

Sony starts ripping features from PS3..

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=10033

Sorry I can't post the whole article...at work right now...[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!

Honestly, don't you have a bridge to crawl under?

Oh no, they took out the router! What are we ever going to do without a second router!? :roll:

[quote name='mcwilliams132']Muwaa ha ha ha!

If I said it once...I've said it a thousand times...

Sony starts ripping features from PS3..

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=10033

Sorry I can't post the whole article...at work right now...[/QUOTE]

I think that most people who need a router in their homes already have one, and if they don't, they can get one for 20 bucks. This is no big deal to me. Router functionality can't possibly have anything to do with gaming, so I won't miss it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I can't even remember them mentioning this feature... next, we'll lose the ability to use the PS3 as a cell phone.[/QUOTE]

Wait, no cell phone? I thought that's what the cell processor did. I'm out. :arrow:

I wonder if this will effect things current production wise. They either just recently got or will get soon, the final RSX chips, but maybe a bunch of the other stuff has already been produced.

[quote name='dratsacras']Dreamcasts are $15 on eBay.[/QUOTE]
Too bad you need to be a damn math wizard/phone company guru to figure out how to configure that junk.

I don't believe Sony ever planed to have this function on the retail PS3. I am sure Sony will cut a few more things also in the upcoming months "memory card slots, usb, dual HDMI, etc." Sony's plan was to wow the press @ E3 to make the PS3 look "l337" over the 360 and it worked.

[quote name='spoo']I don't believe Sony ever planed to have this function on the retail PS3. I am sure Sony will cut a few more things also in the upcoming months "memory card slots, usb, dual HDMI, etc." Sony's plan was to wow the press @ E3 to make the PS3 look "l337" over the 360 and it worked.[/QUOTE]
I have to believe that the dual HDMI is going to be dropped, I don't see any game being able to support two HDTV's in 1080i with each showing a different part of the screen, and I also don't see a lot of people owning two HDTV's that they'll put next to each other. Now, if the PS3 does support this, and there are games that support it, and there are owners of two HDTV's that'll support it, you know what they won't see? The CENTER of the screen! I can't believe that this little detail has been ignored. If you have two HDTV's next to each other, showing the left and right sides of the picture, the center is going to be at least a few inches of plastic from each screen, and god help you if your TV's have speakers on the left and right sides. It'll never work.

[quote name='dafoomie']I have to believe that the dual HDMI is going to be dropped, I don't see any game being able to support two HDTV's in 1080i with each showing a different part of the screen, and I also don't see a lot of people owning two HDTV's that they'll put next to each other. Now, if the PS3 does support this, and there are games that support it, and there are owners of two HDTV's that'll support it, you know what they won't see? The CENTER of the screen! I can't believe that this little detail has been ignored. If you have two HDTV's next to each other, showing the left and right sides of the picture, the center is going to be at least a few inches of plastic from each screen, and god help you if your TV's have speakers on the left and right sides. It'll never work.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice though if the HDMI ports were in and out so I could run in from my receiver and out to the TV. It would also kick ass if the PS3 came with the fajouda chip for upscaling DVDs to 1080i...

bread's done
Back