Ps3 Vault armor battlefield 3 was 89.99 now 24.99. Bestbuy

brentgolden

CAGiversary!
Was in my store in sterling va. I only saw the ps3 version. They had 4 left.

Thx the store locator link was provided by the cheapestgamer and is at the bottom of the first page.

Here is a link with picture n discription

http://m.hexus.net/gaming/news/xbox-360/32159-battlefield-3-vault-cases-cool-
light-make-look-hard/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brentgolden']Was in my store in sterling va. I only saw the ps3 version. They had 4 left[/QUOTE]
Item number on receipt is: 3814051

I still don't understand the purpose of this stuff. It seems to only make the system look ugly, bulky, and more then likely causes heat buildup.

Put links. I don't have a clue what this is. I assume it's a console case but a part wonders if it's expensive dlc.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Put links. I don't have a clue what this is. I assume it's a console case but a part wonders if it's expensive dlc.[/QUOTE]

Google is your friend.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Google is your friend.[/QUOTE]

So I'm so interested that when a "in training" kid makes a half-ass deal post I run to research it? Sounds pathetic.

[quote name='ijustw1n']So I'm so interested that when a "in training" kid makes a half-ass deal post I run to research it? Sounds pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Just because it says in training means absolutely nothing. Get a life. I have over 370 ps3 games and have prob been gaming longer than u have been alive

[quote name='ijustw1n']So I'm so interested that when a "in training" kid makes a half-ass deal post I run to research it? Sounds pathetic.[/QUOTE]

And sorry u cannot look something up. Next time I'll try to hold ur hand and walk u through on how to look something up

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I still don't understand the purpose of this stuff. It seems to only make the system look ugly, bulky, and more then likely causes heat buildup.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='brentgolden']And sorry u cannot look something up. Next time I'll try to hold ur hand and walk u through on how to look something up[/QUOTE]

This

Just because you have been here for a while doesn't mean you can be a d-bag

Quite a price drop, honestly wouldn't pay even $20 for this though. I've also never understood the purpose of this, makes your PS3 just look ugly IMO.

Also, what the hell is up with these elitist looking down on users that registered recently?

It's the second time in a few days where I've seen this 'holier than thou' attitude towards new users.

[quote name='eXiON']Quite a price drop, honestly wouldn't pay even $20 for this though. I've also never understood the purpose of this, makes your PS3 just look ugly IMO.

Also, what the hell is up with these elitist looking down on users that registered recently?

It's the second time in a few days where I've seen this 'holier than thou' attitude towards new users.[/QUOTE]

Its always someone that registered in 08,09,10 thinking theyve been here forever. Those of us who have been here since 04 (and re registered in 06) treat everyone with the same amount of respect.

Thanks OP, I grabbed one at my Local Bestbuy, and they have about 3 left and one with a beated up box. Been eyeing this vault since launch and finally pull the trigger.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Its always someone that registered in 08,09,10 thinking theyve been here forever. Those of us who have been here since 04 (and re registered in 06) treat everyone with the same amount of respect.[/QUOTE]
There are assholes from every registered year here.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Hole Technology. Ur argument iz invalid. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xu8t5XWYNM[/QUOTE]

I know you're being sarcastic, but just watching that video makes me think "uh wtf are they smoking"

1. How does covering up the entire system with plastic and then having openings on the same areas that the system vents from IMPROVE airflow. It will only do 1 of 2 things, not impact it at all or make it worse. It won't improve it.

2. Why does my 360/PS3 need a claymore, C4, and an extended clip? Is it going to The Great E3 War of 2012 and not taking any prisoners?

3. The only ONLY things that makes this even remotely useful is the wide footprint for stability (but I do not like having my system vertical so that is useless) and then the controller/headset cradle. But even those seem just barely beyond the cut off of useless.

[quote name='Lyricsborn'] What joy do you get from shitting on what other people might buy.[/QUOTE]

finally someone talking sense here.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Then dont buy the damn thing. What joy do you get from shitting on what other people might buy.[/QUOTE]

You or anyone else want to buy it that's fine, it's your money and stuff do what you wish and I hope you enjoy it. Point out one place where I said anything remotely close to "if you buy this you're stupid or an idiot"

My issue is how misleading the product itself is. It literally does nothing for your 360/PS3 besides make it worse. If it had stuff that actually tied it into games instead of being generic useless weapons from (insert FPS here). For example a plasma sword from Halo or a Lancer from Gears. I can see the minor appeal since you can make your system tie into games you enjoy. Basically faceplates like the original 360 had.

All this does is make your system ugly (my opinion) and lower the performance of it because of the added plastic that holds heat in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what this "supposedly" improves upon is that it lifts the console off the ground improving the airflow from the bottom vent. Airflow is very important, but then again the Xbox 360 S is designed to sit on it's side having one vent covered up.

I don't think it is going to hurt the Xbox 360 S, and don't think the added air flow will do much. However, if you are a fan of a game then adorning this on your console might be your cup of tea.

I would love to get a Gears of War 3 or Mass Effect 3 one for that price!

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I still don't understand the purpose of this stuff. It seems to only make the system look ugly, bulky, and more then likely causes heat buildup.[/QUOTE]
qft

You know what's funniest though is that I always use the search page for Halo Reach to make the stock locator page/link with.:lol: I don't know why. I mean, it works with any item that you can look up inventory for in store.

Hey I installed my case its really nice. Also the grenade and claymore can be taken off. It's a sweet case. The red led lights in the claymore add a nice touch.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know what's funniest though is that I always use the search page for Halo Reach to make the stock locator page/link with.:lol: I don't know why. I mean, it works with any item that you can look up inventory for in store.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Thx for that. I only use this on my mobile so posting links really don't work well

I'm interested. This would look nice next to my gears 3 xbox. Anybody know if this works on fat ps3s or is it for slims only?

[quote name='loc0bob']I'm interested. This would look nice next to my gears 3 xbox. Anybody know if this works on fat ps3s or is it for slims only?[/QUOTE]

One of the reviews says slim only

[quote name='loc0bob']I'm interested. This would look nice next to my gears 3 xbox. Anybody know if this works on fat ps3s or is it for slims only?[/QUOTE]

Slim only

[quote name='xDerekRx']Its always someone that registered in 08,09,10 thinking theyve been here forever. Those of us who have been here since 04 (and re registered in 06) treat everyone with the same amount of respect.[/QUOTE]

Probably just shows you that the new/next generation is going to shit. Sad really. =/

I have a green one for my 360 that I won for free, and that's about the price I'd be willing to pay for these things. The controller holder is nice and it looks fine without the extra crap added on, but other than that I don't know why you'd pay for one. At $20 though they're definitely at a decent price for these things.

I found a bunch at my local Best Buy in Secaucus, NJ. They had one 360 one for $24.99!

Not sure if the Gears of War Vaults are discounted as well. I know the MLG ones are still $90

Dang, I got excited because iirc BB was originally selling this case with BF3 as a package for the MSRP of $89.99. My closest BB has some in stock and I was thinking the case/game bundle was $24.99 which would definitely make this worthwhile.

Just the case for $24.99 is a tougher sell, although I do think it looks damn cool personally...

[quote name='gepet0']Can the system lay down instead of up?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but u have to take off the grenade on the one side and the bottom piece won't go on but it kinda would still work

I actually think the idea of these things is very cool. My only problem with the concept is that at least for me, I do keep my units on the shelves of a TV stand with glass doors, so I'd never really see it or be able to show it off.

My 2 PS3's also aren't slim, so I couldn't get one for those anyway, and the last thing I want to do is anger my 360 gods AT ALL as my latest (5th) system hasn't taken a crap on me in a few years (knock on wood).

wasn't there a Gears XB360 version which gave you a chance to win a COG suit of armor?

did anyone win that?

from a collector's perspective, I'd buy the Gears version just for the sake of having it. but from a practical perspective; yeah it's a useless POS.

[quote name='gepet0']Can the system lay down instead of up?[/QUOTE]

yeah i got it to lay down just dont apply the base or the controller cradle. and u can actually screw the grenade on to the front...very customizable, and a very solid case for only 25 bucks.

Saw the MLG version of the 360 armor today marked for 24.99 at a BB store. No GoW, though. I probably would have bought one of those if they had it.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Saw the MLG version of the 360 armor today marked for 24.99 at a BB store. No GoW, though. I probably would have bought one of those if they had it.[/QUOTE]

Dang, I should have checked the MLG price. I saw both the BF3 and the MLG cases for the 360 at one of my local BBs but only the BF3 case actually had the price marked at $24.99. MLG still showed $89.99...

bread's done
Back