ps3 voice options

enufs8d

CAGiversary!
Help me decide the option for me for voice communication on the the ps3. i looked on the ps3 hardware thread and couldn't find the answer. also, im making this a new thread so that you don't have to look through tons of pages to get the answer.

im between 10 -20 feet away from my ps3/tv. i read that the new official ps3 headset is good. but i also read others that say a wired usb headset will beat any bluetooth ones. And i see that some are using the eye camera.

* official ps3 headset (54 endwar)
* usb headset
* ps3 eye camera
* cheap bluetooth headset

so far there are 4 votes for official ps3 headset. i would appreciate reasons why you pick one over the other? and any personal experience with it?

The official headset works great. It's clear and easy to use. It's is the most expensive option but well worth the price, especially if you purchase a bundle.

Go with either Official PS3 Headset or USB headset. Those have the best quality. Do NOT get a cheap bluetooth headset, because it will be more of a problem than anything.

I'm sure I'm the exception here, but I'm extremely dissatisfied with the official Sony headset. Every other time I disconnect it from the PS3, the entire console freezes. There may be a fix out there but I don't plan on spending any time on it while my previous headset, a Jabra BT500, still works (and is a lot more comfortable, too).

Well I didn't see an option for non cheapy bluetooth headset, so that's what I have. It wasn't really expensive but not cheap either. I use it sometimes, on and off, but people rarely ever talk so I don't really use it much. If there is talking going on I'll use it so I can communicate with people.

[quote name='theflicker']What's the general feeling on the headset that comes with Warhawk? Is that a "cheapy" one?[/QUOTE]It works, but it does pick up noise from the background.

I rarely talk when I do use my headset and even if I do, I have the voice changer set to the 'Saw' setting as Metaly called it once.

It makes my voice sound like the Jigsaw voice from those movies.

I have a USB headset which I paid $20 for from Gamestop. But I originally had one of the old SOCOM headsets which worked great as well and had a mute button on it.

However, I got rid of that and opted for the $20 one I have now, since the SOCOM one was USED. After seeing what other things have been on the games and manuals from there, I decided I'd better get a NEW headset.

Gamestop should still have the model USB headset I currently use for sale for $19.99 before tax, but it doesn't come with an uber long cord to it.

Then again, I don't need a super long cord, since I sit right next to my PS3 which is on a table by my bed.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']How's the quality of the PS3 Eye as a headset?[/quote]
:lol:

But seriously... it's not bad. I know a couple of people that play Warhawk use it (at least I think they use it) and they sound decent.

I've been using it for a while now... How I sound to others, I cannot say.

good points so far.

from what i gather, you dont really need a mic to get by in most games. its what the cnet article stated that the 360 has a completley differently philosophy towards voice since the headset was bundled into the system day 1; whereas, sony didnt push the need at launch. so its been slow to uptake. and i dont know if its a good or bad thing... you know, you can only take so much of the crap people out once you give them mics and annoymity.

One thing I don't particularly like about people using the PSEye is that I'll occasionally get an irritating echo effect whenever I talk.

"Hey, what's up?" (Hey, what's up?)
"Oh, cool. I can hear myself t-" (Oh, cool. I can hear myself t-)

On the plus side, my mic sounds really clear. On the negative side... Well, everything else about it IS a negative. The PSEye as a mic is a nice idea, but all the background noise wears on me after a while.

I've only used a cheap Bluetooth headset for LBP, but it wasn't bad. I certainly would not pay $50 for the official headset.

i am going with official headset i have heard ify things about most all headsets so i am going with the one sony calls there official just to be on the safe side couse i dont want to buy one and a few months down the road it dont work or dont work right

I've got the Jabra BT135 (similar that came with Warhawk Bundle) and it works good.. Also I use the PS Eye mic sometimes when I don't feel like using Bluetooth.

bread's done
Back