(PS3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition $12.98 on Amazon.com

Something to keep in mind with playing the first game on WKC2 is that you don't get trophies for the first game.

FYI for people that care about that.

[quote name='whoknows']Something to keep in mind with playing the first game on WKC2 is that you don't get trophies for the first game.

FYI for people that care about that.[/QUOTE]

That's if people want to spend 1000 hours to get a platinum trophy.

Also, the version of WKC1 included with 2 will not read the save from the original WKC. So if anyone else did what I did and traded in the first game before finishing it, you'll have to either rebuy the original or plan to start the game over.

[quote name='argyle']Also, the version of WKC1 included with 2 will not read the save from the original WKC. So if anyone else did what I did and traded in the first game before finishing it, you'll have to either rebuy the original or plan to start the game over.[/QUOTE]

I've heard even if you play the first one on the sequel's disc, that once you start the second one it just starts you at level 35...is that true?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I've heard even if you play the first one on the sequel's disc, that once you start the second one it just starts you at level 35...is that true?[/QUOTE]

You don't even have to play the first game. When you start to play the second one, you either have the option or it sets your level to $35. I don't remember it has been awhile. Also I think that the level is 25, not 35 if that makes any difference.

There's really no reason to buy this when you can buy part two, which has everything from part one, minus ridiculously long trophies to earn.

Just buy part 2.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']That's if people want to spend 1000 hours to get a platinum trophy.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's crazy. I have that game sitting in my backlog, and it's going to sit there for a while. I want to check it out eventually, but I'm having too fun playing Sleeping Dogs at the moment.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Just got 2 for $12.xx at gamestop ater 20% coupon. Liking it so far.[/QUOTE]

Glad you're enjoying it! Sure, the game's a bit rough around the edges, but it's an enjoyable RPG with a fantastic (free) online, MMO type experience even if the Part cap is 4 in 1, and 6 in part 2. It's even better when you can bring your incorruptus online.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Really? That's crazy. I have that game sitting in my backlog, and it's going to sit there for a while. I want to check it out eventually, but I'm having too fun playing Sleeping Dogs at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Sleeping dogs is the shit. The DLC so far has been all right, can't wait to see if the next will be good or not.

As for WKC, ignore the trophies and just enjoy the game. I liked it. If you focus on the trophies, you are going to have a bad time, very long grind.

Wait, you're saying WKC 2's story is worse than the first one? I didn't think that could be possible. I've at time entertained the idea of getting the 2nd one since I did manage to trudge my way through the first, but if that's the case, forget it.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Sleeping dogs is the shit. The DLC so far has been all right, can't wait to see if the next will be good or not.

As for WKC, ignore the trophies and just enjoy the game. I liked it. If you focus on the trophies, you are going to have a bad time, very long grind.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I hope they do a GOTY Edition so I can snag the DLC for cheap. If they don't, then I'll enjoy the game for what is is. I don't play most games for the trophies/achievements anymore, I just enjoy gaming. I wouldn't be saying the same thing if I was posting this five or five years ago...

I didn't think people played this game for the story. It was worth more worth it to level up your avatar, take them online, make new friends, play in quests together and enjoy the extras.

The single player is just gravy, I liked the characters, the voice acting wasn't bad, just the story is below average.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Thanks for the heads up! I hope they do a GOTY Edition so I can snag the DLC for cheap. If they don't, then I'll enjoy the game for what is is. I don't play most games for the trophies/achievements anymore, I just enjoy gaming. I wouldn't be saying the same thing if I was posting this five or five years ago...[/QUOTE]

This is Square Enix, not known for their GOTY editions. dlc isn't worth your money especially if you just want to enjoy the game. The undead dlc is nothing special, the tournament one is just like a long fight club, hoping Year of the Dragon is something special though.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Wait, you're saying WKC 2's story is worse than the first one? I didn't think that could be possible. I've at time entertained the idea of getting the 2nd one since I did manage to trudge my way through the first, but if that's the case, forget it.[/QUOTE]

Well if you play mainly singleplayer, the combat is definitely better but the story is worse imo.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']I didn't think people played this game for the story. It was worth more worth it to level up your avatar, take them online, make new friends, play in quests together and enjoy the extras.

The single player is just gravy, I liked the characters, the voice acting wasn't bad, just the story is below average.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know just saying that to the people who only play singleplayer which some do.

I also like the characters and the voice actors didn't bother me.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Glad you're enjoying it! Sure, the game's a bit rough around the edges, but it's an enjoyable RPG with a fantastic (free) online, MMO type experience even if the Part cap is 4 in 1, and 6 in part 2. It's even better when you can bring your incorruptus online.[/QUOTE]

I'm very new to it, just started the first game (figured I'm play through that first)...how do you use magic like fireball, etc...?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I'm very new to it, just started the first game (figured I'm play through that first)...how do you use magic like fireball, etc...?[/QUOTE]

Ha, it's been a while since I played. You earn points for the battles you are in. So you go to the menu for each of your characters, and use "Learn Skills" so you can customize the type of character you wish to make. :)

[quote name='Jack_Frost']this game is ass[/QUOTE]

Gee, thanks for the insightful contribution. :roll:

Next time you should explain your reasoning like the rest of us did. ;)

I love this game. I got it for 5 bucks thanks to that iheartradio thing that was on the free forum a bit ago. I really like the MMO aspect of it, and the battle system kinda mixes MMO and traditional in a great way. The only thing I hate is how long it takes to act. I know there's various things effecting this, but hey whatev. I really like the story. It has a total anime feel to it..even the intro strongly reminded me of it. I'll have to get the second one when I finish this.

Side note:

Does anyone know if I have WKC 1 and my friend has WKC 2 ...can he play online with me with the WKC portion of WKC2? Does that question make sense?

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Ha, it's been a while since I played. You earn points for the battles you are in. So you go to the menu for each of your characters, and use "Learn Skills" so you can customize the type of character you wish to make. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah i did that but so far i just have the options for melee attacks in battle. I switched to a staff and no luck there either.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Yeah i did that but so far i just have the options for melee attacks in battle. I switched to a staff and no luck there either.[/QUOTE]

Watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXOQVXXLhI0

You have to Edit your commands after you edit your skills. Opens things up :)

[quote name='mars009']Got my copy still sealed, hopefully one day I'll get to it. Is there going to be a part 3 or its only 2 parts?[/QUOTE]

It's a spoiler, are you sure?

No part 3. :( There is a cool prequel on PSP though worth playing

[quote name='justingain']I love this game. I got it for 5 bucks thanks to that iheartradio thing that was on the free forum a bit ago. I really like the MMO aspect of it, and the battle system kinda mixes MMO and traditional in a great way. The only thing I hate is how long it takes to act. I know there's various things effecting this, but hey whatev. I really like the story. It has a total anime feel to it..even the intro strongly reminded me of it. I'll have to get the second one when I finish this.

Side note:

Does anyone know if I have WKC 1 and my friend has WKC 2 ...can he play online with me with the WKC portion of WKC2? Does that question make sense?[/QUOTE]

Your question makes sense. afraid not, WKC international and WKC2 are not compatible

[quote name='aaronrodgers']
Your question makes sense. afraid not, WKC international and WKC2 are not compatible[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. I'll let my friend know! :)

I got WKC2 for $13 from Newegg. I haven't finished the first part yet but I'm enjoying the game. I love the soundtrack and the voice acting is good. Every time I hear Eldore voice, I image Fran's voice in the background. "Oh Mr. Sheffield." :lol:

The first game was decent, not bad not great. Sequel was a complete letdown though. They rehashed every zone and 75% of the bosses from the first game into the sequel, I was astonished at how little effort they put into it. I also thought the combat system was better in the first game; they made those giant knights completely useless when they updated the combat system for the sequel.

Without spoiling too much, you spend all of WKC1 going from point A to point B, and then you spend the entirety of WKC2 going from point B all the way back to point A. You go through the same zones, you kill the same bosses, and the story is bland.

The online experience is a poor man's Phantasy Star Online/Monster Hunter. Tons of grinding with very little payoff. Most people don't even bother with 90% of the online side-quests, they just grind whatever raises their GR rank the fastest. This makes farming materials for your armor and weapon upgrades a complete pain, since nobody wants to do anything but grind GR ranks.

[quote name='HarajukuJynx']Does this game come with an online pass?[/QUOTE]
nope no online pass.

I really enjoy the game but after I lost my character due to some server issue I haven't touched it sad I was close to getting a few more trophies.

I'm bit confused...... I thought the International version comes with an online pass??

What about the copy of wkc1 on wkc2 disk?? Does that come with an online pass??

[quote name='MillionBlades']I'm bit confused...... I thought the International version comes with an online pass??

What about the copy of wkc1 on wkc2 disk?? Does that come with an online pass??[/QUOTE]

As far as I remember none of them have an online pass. Someone could correct me if I am wrong but.. if I remember I never had a pass for 2 I had DLC for it but that was it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']WK2 does have a online pass. It's been a long time since I played WK1 so I don't remember if it did or not. I want to say it didn't[/QUOTE]

Yep. WKC1 aka WKC International Edition has no online pass.

WKC2 indeed does have one. With as cheap as this game is to buy new, the online pass shouldn't really be an issue.

bread's done
Back