PS3/Wii VGA Cable for $43.70 shipped at PlayAsia

If that works well I might drop the cash for it. My monitor doesn't support HDCP, so I can't use the DVI port, but VGA is an analog signal. Thanks.

Hm, I have an X2VGA 2 that I'm currently using, but it causes black crush issues similar to turning on Full RGB range on an incompatible TV over HDMI for the PS3. Same thing happens with an Enhanced VD-Z3 I tried out. Not sure if the black crush problem is inherent with the PS3's component output as I don't have an HDTV to test it with. Wonder if these would be any better, though I imagine it's really just a miniature transcoder inside the blocky portion of the cable anyway.

Finally! I can't believe it took this long for a PS3 VGA cable to be made. Now we just have to wait for someone to get one and see how it is.

My current problem with the x2vga 2 is that I use it at work on a 4:3 Dell monitor and the 720p/1080i settings do not recognize full screen so everything is stretched badly.

[quote name='ch2423']My current problem with the x2vga 2 is that I use it at work on a 4:3 Dell monitor and the 720p/1080i settings do not recognize full screen so everything is stretched badly.[/QUOTE]

That isn't going to change with a VGA Cable. The PS3 will still recognize it as a component cable and output in 720p and 1080i. If it's a CRT monitor you can adjust the size and shape manually. If it's a LCD monitor there should be a setting to display with a 1:1 pixel ratio so it'll use exactly 1280x720 pixels.

Would this work for PS2, cause that would be awesome to have all my consoles hooked up to my monitor.

[quote name='Bojizzle']Would this work for PS2, cause that would be awesome to have all my consoles hooked up to my monitor.[/QUOTE]

If it does work with PS2 you'll only be able to play games that have progressive scan support (which isn't most of them) and you'll still have to have it hooked up to another screen to go through the menus to turn progressive scan on.

Also if your monitor supports sync-on-green (I really don't know any way to check) and you already have a PS2/PS3 component cable you only need the following cheap cables to hook it up.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10235&cs_id=1023503&p_id=2409&seq=1&format=2
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10401&cs_id=1040107&p_id=3002&seq=1&format=2

But the games obviously still need progressive scan support.

Ordered one of these so I can use the monitor with my Wii and for potential PS3 usage if/when I get one.

I was frantically looking for a cable like this before I bought my TV (was using an LCD monitor for my 360; couldn't hook the PS3 up to it). This cable wasn't available at the time, but searches seemed to indicate that the PS2 doesn't support VGA unless you have linux installed, and I thought I remembered reading that the PS3 didn't support VGA either.

If anyone orders them; please post how well they work for PS3 (ie, all PS3 games/BD/DVD/PS1/PSX compatibility).

the thing is, you can have vga on all systems, its just supported differently on each.

on that note, 360 needs a 1680x1050 settings for its VGA cable still.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']the thing is, you can have vga on all systems, its just supported differently on each.

on that note, 360 needs a 1680x1050 settings for its VGA cable still.[/quote]

Not true. The 360 supports many resolutions, including 640x480, 1024x768, 1360x768, 1920x1080, and about 5 others that I can't recall. I couldn't imagine playing my 360 without my VGA connection; luckily everything on the 360 is supported in every video mode (at least currently).

[quote name='Methadon']Not true. The 360 supports many resolutions, including 640x480, 1024x768, 1360x768, 1920x1080, and about 5 others that I can't recall. I couldn't imagine playing my 360 without my VGA connection; luckily everything on the 360 is supported in every video mode (at least currently).[/QUOTE]

I think he's saying that the 360 should have a 1680x1050 resolution option as that's the native resolution of most 22" LCDs.

Mine arrived today and keeps going out of range during Wii usage resulting in the monitor readjusting often. Reviews on play-asia's site indicate this is a problem in general with the cable.

bread's done
Back