PS3 Wouldn't Start/Display-FIXED, Lost Theme Settings

zenprime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Alright I had a weird problem happen this morning with my PS3(60GB).

I pressed the button to turn it on, got the beep and heard the whirl of the drives and was surprised when all I got was a black screen(My TV is on of those models that if there isn't a signal it goes blue). I turned it off, turned on holding down for 5 seconds, got the beep and second beep, and again nothing.

A little bit worried, I checked to make sure it hadn't overheated or something, nope. Double checked the connections, and did a manual flipping of the switch in the back. Pressed down for 5 seconds to turn it on again, nothing but the drive whirling.

Getting worried, I noticed that the wifi light came on each time, so the AP still worked. So I powered the PS3 down, whipped out my PSP and went for Remote Play(Doubly Glad I had Remote Boot turned on). PS3 turns on, as it goes black for far longer then it's ever taken to bring up remote play, but it does come up. I can see the XMB and everything. I didn't notice at the time time, but my theme wasn't being displayed(least of my worries). I remotely power off the ps3 and then try it the old fashoined way. It finally works, I hear the music and it comes up detecting my HDMI.

Alright now I notice none of my user accounts have their themes selected, an easy fix, but still I wonder has anyone else had this happen to them?

I haven't had my themes disappear, nor do I have a PSP to try remote play. However, I have had the PS3 not display anything on my screen when I turn it on. I'll hear the drive, and the green and blue lights stay lit, but no display or sound (my sound is through a separate receiver, not through the TV) comes on... almost like the machine has locked up. I usually have to turn it off via the switch in the back and leave it off for about 5-10 secs. Then when I turn it back on, all is normal again. This may be yet another symptom of my PS3 though. It's been overheating a lot and I am sending it out this weekend to Sony for repair/replacement. Has your PS3 overheated at all prior to this?

bread's done
Back